EoD map vacant.

21 hours ago, Max Castle.6173 said:

I left after HoT, and didn’t come back for PoF.
I have come back this past month to do PoF, IBS, and EOD. Finished PoF and really enjoyed it. Map metas happened fairly often, and plenty of people active in the maps. IBS maps were less populated, (except Drizzlewood) but still getting through metas regularly. Only one I had real trouble getting done was Drakkar. 

I finished the gryphon and skyscale.. and have started to go into EOD last week. 

it’s night and day.. I see one or two other people that show up on an event..  the k city map event meta has only finished once for me.. and we had maybe 12 people?   Am I missing something? Is the reward structure messed up or something? I figured people would be flooding these maps.. 

this is actually what i felt when i started the story. events would fail on the first map, and i was not on at odd hours.

i refunded the expansion not only for that reason, but also because the mastery lines didn't seem worth 30$. RIP my favorite mmo 😕

Edited by vicky.9751
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, PepeLePewPew.2107 said:

I'm here on the forum for lack of things to do in EoD. Currently, my progress is stalled at unlocking the turtle mastery track because of the strike mission.  Everything else is maxed out and I don't enjoy fishing that much, so here I am.  It's a lovely, fun but disappointing release.  I'll end up returning to unfinished tasks in older content, which only emphasizes how little there is to do in EoD at least as a casual player like myself.  Disconnecting the turtle mastery track from the strike mission would help.

If you do it on a day that it is a daily strike mission more people group up to do it too so keep an eye on the daily strike missions tab under achievments when you log in.

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2022 at 11:16 PM, Max Castle.6173 said:

I left after HoT, and didn’t come back for PoF.
I have come back this past month to do PoF, IBS, and EOD. Finished PoF and really enjoyed it. Map metas happened fairly often, and plenty of people active in the maps. IBS maps were less populated, (except Drizzlewood) but still getting through metas regularly. Only one I had real trouble getting done was Drakkar. 

I finished the gryphon and skyscale.. and have started to go into EOD last week. 

it’s night and day.. I see one or two other people that show up on an event..  the k city map event meta has only finished once for me.. and we had maybe 12 people?   Am I missing something? Is the reward structure messed up or something? I figured people would be flooding these maps.. 

I personally haven't had an issue finding meta runs, in fact they usually pop up when I am trying to complete other things and I just join in. But yeah, LFG helps. However I do feel the final meta is too difficult with very little in the way of a reward in return for that much effort. Hopefully they will fix that. Either make it easier or increase the rewards exponentially.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, vicky.9751 said:

this is actually what i felt when i started the story. events would fail on the first map, and i was not on at odd hours.

i refunded the expansion not only for that reason, but also because the mastery lines didn't seem worth 30$. RIP my favorite mmo 😕

I enjoy the strikes and a couple of the elite specs or I might have sought a refund as well. I still have trouble believing that someone at ANet greenlit the Kaineng city we see in game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Played EOD for about a month.

Since then I’ve been back in season 4 maps working on Vision. I’m regularly in Bjora Marches as well.

I do use Arborstone as my main lounge, now. Might be back to the rest of EOD some day, but for the time being, old content is more appealing.

• Like 3

On 5/21/2022 at 6:42 PM, Ashen.2907 said:

Other than using the Arborstone scroll to join my guild for strike missions I generally do not spend time in EoD maps anymore. The maps are bland in terms of interesting things to do. If I happen to be on a map and see a meta event on the far side, I have to consider that I would need to figure out how to get there before the meta ends. Maps designed to impede direct navigation are maps where I could waste my time trying to get to the content rather than actually playing it.  For that matter I could spend my time trying to get there only to find that no one else is there so the meta is doomed to fail. And, for the most part, the meta is the only thing going on. 

And then there is the fact that the content is largely unrewarding. Time spent trying to find the meta, only to have it end before I get there, or discover that it is going to fail due to  lack of players reduces overall rewards for time spent on the map....and then I find one that I can participate in and get little or nothing for my time.

One specific meta still has me scratching my head. Why do we kill the leviathan? He doesnt seem to be doing anything. ANet's vision for the game was that we dont just go slaughter X because some quest text says they are doing something bad (while actually just standing around waiting for us to kill them) but rather we intervene to save people when we see monsters/bandits/etc actually doing harm. 

I think the idea is that it turns up to feed due to our fishing activities attracting it and we are meant to kill it so that we and the local population can fish safely and productively again.

It just isn’t quite clear or implemented like that in full because EoD doesn’t quite realise that original dynamic vision