pwr chrono open world survivability

weaponwh.9810

Staff mirage is ranged and has lots of evades + jaunt + lots of built in survivavility

nothing you make with chrono will be as tough to kill in open world as a mirage

Not to say chrono is completely worthless

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pi0AEx3lVwYYdsNWJOyWaNdA-zRZYBRNbLoY4gcKjKSh0rA1OEBqXDI2tA-e

This is what I usually run in open world, and I stay on greatsword 90% of the time because you get more survivability on ranged

Now my built is very unoptimized and I run much more diviner trinkets that I need, and you can probably swap some berserker for assassin, but is pretty brainless and easy to play and is what I use when I'm just roaming around the maps.

Chrono has very little survivability and sustain compared to other classes so I heavily suggest avoiding melee as taking any sort of damage on mesmer is very unforgiving.

Camping with greatsword and spamming phantasms with the runes should be enough to make your chrono last longer.

Against tougher mobs ditch chrono and use mirage.

Nothing compares to Mirage survivability in open world, especially Staff Mirage. In that regard, Mirage is OP and in a league of it's own.

So going from that to any class, even chrono, can be a bit jarring. However chrono gets shield, and you can still run blink as well, for always having a get out of jail free card. Between shield, offhand sword 4, sword 2, can run scepter as well since that has a block. So there are ways, but again, absolutely nothing you play, for any class, will rival what Mirage can do in open world so keep that in mind.

Also if you feel like you're dying too quick, I would suggest getting a full set of celestial statted armor/trinkets. At least armor. It is easy enough to get exotic lvl 80 stat selectable armor, from pvp, to pve, and you can even buy some pieces straight off TP (ice golem box offers helm, and ebon vanguard's shoulders. Both are stat selectable and like 1g on TP)

I would not bring cele stats into strikes or fractals, unless you're with friends/chill setting however, but easy enough to have at least 2 gear sets now on swap. I think Anet intended it to be this way so everyone could have one open world build/set and one party build/set since it's a big difference between the two.

Edited by Waffles.5632

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar build but I use the scepter for the clone upkeep, that way I can bring Phantasmal Defender is place of Mirror Images. I feel it allows me more chances to shatter. I would also use the shield as oppose to the focus but that's all situational. Some places need more bar breaking than others.

• Like 1