Let me tame this

Bastrii.3047

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deer#/media/File:Stag.jpg

"Just use rock gazelle-"

I do. But I want a cool deer that I can give apples to. Rock Gazelle isn't as cool as just a normal deer. If I can tame a raven, a floating vine thing, a dragon, I should be able to tame a deer. And why are deer combat pets?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRfpmRrWkAEXGaZ.jpg:large

I rest my case, your honor.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Until they let me tame a bunny, no other animal is allowed.  

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rabbit_(pre-Searing)

It was literally the ONLY green animal in GW1 that you couldn’t tame.  In fact, it’s also why when I see an ambient bunny, I go out of my way to deal as much damage to it as I can.  

TLDR:  gimme a bunny pet with big gnashing teeth.

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
Added big gnashing teeth
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Until they let me tame a bunny, no other animal is allowed.  

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rabbit_(pre-Searing)

It was literally the ONLY green animal in GW1 that you couldn’t tame.  In fact, it’s also why when I see an ambient bunny, I go out of my way to deal as much damage to it as I can.  

TLDR:  gimme a bunny pet with big gnashing teeth.

Your bunny can fight my deer, then! It will be a duel for the ages. Though please, keep your holy hand grenades to yourself.

But yeah, deer are cool! And it's weird how deer aren't critters (they have their own moveset and fight back when hit), but aren't capable of being tamed. Even though you can ride reindeer, and you can tame deer irl.

I think it'd be awesome to have basically the poster animal of "forest life" as a pet. When you think of forest animals, you probably think of three things.

Rabbits. Squirrels. And Deer. And of those three, only one (or two) would be suitable for combat.

And I want a cute deer, darn it!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

I'd rather have them make more of the pet novelties for this purpose.

Currently there's Pet Skyscale Whistle and Pet Dog Whistle: Basenji. You can also get Desert Fox companion to play with in Sun's Refuge.

I think it'd be cooler to have skins for pets, that way it's just more content to collect the pets that fit your vanity for Rangers.

• Like 3

Bit of trivia:

My first death in GW2 was to a deer. I didn't realize yellow would become enemies. Otherwise forget the details since it's been 10 years (and I'm old). Maybe I'd wandered into a higher level zone?

But yeah, I'm for more pets even if stats etc are duplicates of what we have now.

• Haha 1

... ... ...

Be careful what you wish for. 

I wanted the phoenix for ages, until we actually got it. I am still baffled (and quite offended) at the fact that the GW1 phoenix simply looks better than the GW2 one.

Now granted, these pets you've all requested are all already ingame (as models that is), so at least you'd know for sure what to expect... #makethephoenixgreatagain :(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dezember.1295 said:

... ... ...

Be careful what you wish for. 

I wanted the phoenix for ages, until we actually got it. I am still baffled (and quite offended) at the fact that the GW1 phoenix simply looks better than the GW2 one.

Now granted, these pets you've all requested are all already ingame (as models that is), so at least you'd know for sure what to expect... #makethephoenixgreatagain 😞

I hope when LWS7 comes out they release a few more EoD pets, such as a non-ranged juvenile giant turtle (so we don't have to deal with the crap that comes from a ranged pet with a bubble F2 that doesn't follow it) and an actual Rainbow Phoenix like in GW1. I didn't even play GW1 and feel like the phoenix is a bit lame compared to GW1's.

• Like 1

Personally, the low-hanging fruit that I've been disappointed that ArenaNet didn't deliver is the smogscale. It's a smokescale with a different smoke field in what would be the F2 slot. Only reason I could see other than 'we couldn't be bothered' is that they decided a blind field on a pet would be OP.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

Yes. Become the Deer Commander.

I want it! I want to be the deer commander!

Would also be awesome to have a travel tonic to turn into a deer, so I can be a deer commander, commanding a deer, as a deer.

"We heard you like deer, so we put more deer in the deer so you could deer while you deer." - Me before getting hit by a roller beetle.

Edited by Bastrii.3047
meme