"Mobility Creep" but for everybody

Swagg.9236

On 5/25/2022 at 8:19 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That is not hyperbole. Willbender very seriously has enough direct teleport & gap closing skills that you can just maintain a target on someone and actually aggressively chase it with just teleports & gap closers. Should I stream it for you? Do you need me to do it?

Soulbeast requires the use of: Quick Zephyr, Sic Em, One Wolf Pack, Barrage, Rapid Fire, to land one-bursts, which is like its entire skill bar. Or alternatively, hit that combo with Maul > WI > Maul for a 3shot. Saying Soulbeast kills in with 1 skill is just a misinformed strawman to distract from the fact that Willbender actually can chase kills with just teleports & gap closers. This happens in every game against p+ Willbenders. You can sit and watch them do it.

Oh and Willbender is a class that really can kill in 1 skill. Willbenders can mow you down with a single GS2 or Whirling Light. Two skills at most, JI into GS2 or Whirling Light into a team fight and they can cleave several targets down in one go. They very easily out DPS Soulbeast. They land like 15k's rather casually with single GS2 or Whirling Light.

And warriors do 20k with 100b, what's your point? Gs2 is a 3.25s channel that slows you down by 50%. On top of that, you need to stay inside the enemy hitbox to do maximum damage. 

Willbender is strong right now, but gs2 is not the reason. 

Also, you won't chase down and kill kitten without wasd. 

Mobility is a definitely one of the biggest factors to bring balance to the game it seems.   I remember one of the earliest GW2 videos I watched back in 2012, where dodging and telegraphing of attacks and AOE attacks etc., attacks had weight and they required being smart in using your dodge.  Now many classes seem to have so much mobility, and some have excess mobility, it feels like you are playing a game of pinball.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/27/2022 at 1:40 PM, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Mobility is a definitely one of the biggest factors to bring balance to the game it seems.   I remember one of the earliest GW2 videos I watched back in 2012, where dodging and telegraphing of attacks and AOE attacks etc., attacks had weight and they required being smart in using your dodge.  Now many classes seem to have so much mobility, and some have excess mobility, it feels like you are playing a game of pinball.

It was the main reason why Thief was historically meta all the time.  But now everyone is a thief.   The problem is that, as time went on, anet got lazier and lazier, relying more on tab-target teleports and massive AoEs to do all heavy lifting for the player.  It was dumb when only one or two players on the field were moving around instantaneously as if rubberbanding; now everybody does it despite combat still being so heavily reliant on tab-target and PBAoE attacks.  It's movement without movement.

• Like 1