Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

This event needs to happen more often. I'm actually a bit lucky because I'm working towards Astralaria Collection IV, but I've been waiting with some really nice folks who are working on the new Zhaitan legendary skin collection and this event needs to fail in order to guarantee us both a drop for our collections. As it stands now, the event seems to happen every 1.5 - 2 hours, and since it's not on a timer, if you go anywhere else, you risk missing it. On top of that, convincing players that come along to let the event fail is like pulling teeth. It's impossible. 

Like I said, I'm lucky since I can complete my collection on the defense event (ya know, on the off chance the Wizard feels like spawning), but those Zhaitan skin collectors NEED it to fail. I've done this event 3 times now and have yet to see the Risen High Wizard spawn which roughly translates to about 5 hours of game time literally just sitting there waiting for an event on a sporadic timer. It's just not fun for anyone. I want to go play this game and make more progress towards my first legendary! I can't do that when I'm sitting around waiting.

 

I don't know if changing the event timer to be shorter is the best way to fix this, but I think something needs done to address this.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This event needs to happen more often. I'm actually a bit lucky because I'm working towards Astralaria Collection IV, but I've been waiting with some really nice folks who are working on the new Zhait

It’s rough right now half the folks are pleading with ppl not to defend the gate to let reset and the other half Zerg thru it and can’t out why they didn’t get the achievement. This is on YOU Anet.

It is insane how toxic people on these forums are. Down voting me because I stated that there were 3 people who actively went out of there way for 10 hours at a minimum, AFKing and camping at the same

I remember back when I was working on Astralaria when it first dropped. Same thing happened, people complained and after an eternity Anet changed the flag on the on collection to work with either version to work. What I dont understand is why the same fix wasn't applied to the Zhaitan variant collection. That is a blatant oversight, on top of the 10k research notes it's like a slap in the face.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hellbore.1473 said:

I remember back when I was working on Astralaria when it first dropped. Same thing happened, people complained and after an eternity Anet changed the flag on the on collection to work with either version to work. What I dont understand is why the same fix wasn't applied to the Zhaitan variant collection. That is a blatant oversight, on top of the 10k research notes it's like a slap in the face.

probabely because the dev that found out and made that fix aint with the company anymore and this new dev did not know of the problem or the old fix.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It’s rough right now half the folks are pleading with ppl not to defend the gate to let reset and the other half Zerg thru it and can’t out why they didn’t get the achievement. This is on YOU Anet.

Edited by mindlord.3147
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another 2 hours wasted, can't really get mad at the people actually playing as intended. The only one to blame is Anet themselves.

35 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

probabely because the dev that found out and made that fix aint with the company anymore and this new dev did not know of the problem or the old fix.

Any company worth their salt have procedures in place, such as turnover binder, in order to keep consistency when people leave the organization. Plus they should be documenting any fixes and have them readily available for people to look back on. 

Edited by Hellbore.1473
grammar
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mindlord.3147 said:

It’s rough right now half the folks are pleading with ppl not to defend the gate to let reset and the other half Zerg thru it and can’t out why they didn’t get the achievement. This is on YOU Anet.

Yep. 30+ of us wasted nearly 2 hours waiting for the event to spawn for 3 people to come in and troll us. So that's a wonderful use of our time after all the resources required for it in the first place. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I should have known that this whole collection was going to be a disaster when they told me I needed 10000 RESEARCH NOTES. This is the icing on the cake, and honestly I don't even find it worth the hassle to finish this collection. 

Edited by Zethron.7698
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

I don’t see why we keep getting collections locked behind events that need to fail. Do they even QA these collections?

Ofcourse they do, spawn up the retake event complete it and see if it ticks the box.

Why would anything else be needed to test?

/s off.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Wesley.4657 said:

Like I said, I'm lucky since I can complete my collection on the defense event (ya know, on the off chance the Wizard feels like spawning), but those Zhaitan skin collectors NEED it to fail. I've done this event 3 times now and have yet to see the Risen High Wizard spawn which roughly translates to about 5 hours of game time literally just sitting there waiting for an event on a sporadic timer. It's just not fun for anyone. I want to go play this game and make more progress towards my first legendary! I can't do that when I'm sitting around waiting.

 

I don't know if changing the event timer to be shorter is the best way to fix this, but I think something needs done to address this.

There are two things to the High Wizard that you need to know:

First, there are actually two defence events, that are named the same, and look the same, and differ only by whether the Wizard spawns or not (and by a cooldown between them, from what i remember). They alternate (from what i remember it goes like 2 hours, half an hour, 2 hours, half an hour or something like that). So, every second defense will have a High Wizard spawn, it's not random.

Unfortunately i do not remember at the moment which of the two is the one with HW spawn.

Second (and that one is very important) - High Wizard, when it spawns, spawns outside the event area, and walks slowly towards it. And can be easily killed by a random player that's in there in seconds, since it's not yet scaled up (and was never properly designed for the dps-focused builds anyway). And since the drop is from Wizard, not from event itself (as it should have been)...

Yes, it is a major mess, and should have been fixed long ago, with the drop attached to event rewards, not to drops from the mob that is not even a proper boss spawn.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scummy.3926 said:

Yep. 30+ of us wasted nearly 2 hours waiting for the event to spawn for 3 people to come in and troll us. So that's a wonderful use of our time after all the resources required for it in the first place. 

How is playing an event as intended considered trolling?  As has been said in this thread, the fault lies with Anet, not other players.

  • Like 7
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

How is playing an event as intended considered trolling?  As has been said in this thread, the fault lies with Anet, not other players.

Yeah, i'm someone who dosn't playes with chat when i'm just doing OW, so i would not know that people want this event to fail. Whitout the forum i wouldnt even knwo there where such a achievment, because for me the new legys are all ugly.

Its just a stupid thing. I can remember when i did Nevermore as it was released and i needed a Event on the Owl-shrine to fail. I needed to go online at night, and even there where people who would finish the event.

I really don't understand what anet thinks by demanding an event in an MMO with ton of people to fail ...

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Second (and that one is very important) - High Wizard, when it spawns, spawns outside the event area, and walks slowly towards it. And can be easily killed by a random player that's in there in seconds, since it's not yet scaled up (and was never properly designed for the dps-focused builds anyway).

Do you know where exactly it spawns so I can know? I remember someone on reddit mentioning this, but I completely forgot.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wesley.4657 said:

Do you know where exactly it spawns so I can know? I remember someone on reddit mentioning this, but I completely forgot.

I think a bit down the stairs, but honestly it was so long ago when i was doing it last that i no longer remember. Anyway, it is on the opposite side from the event than the waypoint and Arah entrance are.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I think a bit down the stairs, but honestly it was so long ago when i was doing it last that i no longer remember. Anyway, it is on the opposite side from the event than the waypoint and Arah entrance are.

Just hopped on during my lunch break and got it from the actual event chain. Thanks for the info either way. Hope it helps someone that comes across this thread.

Edited by Wesley.4657
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You read that right. 

The Zhaitan Variant collections are not possible to complete because of the trolls on the maps who won't let this event fail. The last part of the collection requires completing the the capture event at Gates of Arah, but if it is already captured, it needs to fail first.

It only takes one person, one troll, to complete the defense event. There are multiple and then they go in map chat to gaslight other players who have been waiting for multiple hours to try and complete this collection.

It is unfortunate because we can't get enough players on the map to force a new instance.

 

Why couldn't devs have made the  last part of the collection require either CAPTURE or DEFENSE events of Gates of Arah? 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Anet learned their lesson about requiring events to fail? Guess not.

I wouldn't call them trolls, when they are playing as the game is supposed to be played. I would blame Anet for a poor choice.

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ogwom.7940 said:

You read that right. 

The Zhaitan Variant collections are not possible to complete because of the trolls on the maps who won't let this event fail. The last part of the collection requires completing the the capture event at Gates of Arah, but if it is already captured, it needs to fail first.

It only takes one person, one troll, to complete the defense event. There are multiple and then they go in map chat to gaslight other players who have been waiting for multiple hours to try and complete this collection.

It is unfortunate because we can't get enough players on the map to force a new instance.

 

Why couldn't devs have made the  last part of the collection require either CAPTURE or DEFENSE events of Gates of Arah? 

I'm so glad they fixed it for that other thing you need it for in Arah, I remember going there for something and being happy it completed on the defence or capture. Can't remember what it was now though but since they making it today, why they made it only Capture and not Defence as well is extremely confusing. 

 

Its all on Anet really. It not trolling to complete an event. Especially if you need either version if doing something else. Can't really call the players out on Anet's mistake. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Gorem.8104 said:

I'm so glad they fixed it for that other thing you need it for in Arah, I remember going there for something and being happy it completed on the defence or capture. Can't remember what it was now though but since they making it today, why they made it only Capture and not Defence as well is extremely confusing. 

 

Its all on Anet really. It not trolling to complete an event. Especially if you need either version if doing something else. Can't really call the players out on Anet's mistake. 

Nope, not true. As I said, you there are tolls who are waiting multiple hours to make the defense event succeed, and then gaslighitng people in map chat. 

Of course no kidding thee will be people who aren't trolls. And when I tell them to stop doing the event, they stop. The trolls don't do that, and go on long tangents for multiple hours in chat while ruining every single defense event that sprouts. The SAME EXACT people do it.

If you and the 2 other guys above want to not believe me and call me a liar and that these aren't trolls. Go ahead. But at least come to Cursed Shore before you do that. I invite you to come right now. Many people will disagree with you.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I thought Anet learned their lesson about requiring events to fail? Guess not.

I wouldn't call them trolls, when they are playing as the game is supposed to be played. I would blame Anet for a poor choice.

Unless they're specifically doing it to frustrate others and taunting them about it.

Yes, requiring an event to fail is entirely on ArenaNet's shoulders, but if people are using it specifically to grief people, they're still trolls.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Unless they're specifically doing it to frustrate others and taunting them about it.

Yes, requiring an event to fail is entirely on ArenaNet's shoulders, but if people are using it specifically to grief people, they're still trolls.

No, under no situation is successfully completing an event trolling.  The trolls in this case are the devs.  Of course, this is assuming that reports that the step can only be repeated with a failing event.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...