What will EoD be remembered for?

I mean personally, I can sum up each of the xpac/LW in a word, few words or a phrase, like;

LW2: A day in the life of a confused salad

HoT: AB (Octovine), glider, AB, bauble farm when bored and had nothing better to do, AB, fk TD map design, wait did I mention AB?

LW3: Em berries for Ascend trinkets (and 16 days of Dragonis Mons hell hole if you are into Aurora)

PoF: Mounts

LW4: Skyscale

IBS: Strikes and/or CC table

But almost 3 months in, and still I cannot find the "EoD in a nutshell" myself...

Marjory's marriage is kinda good for her, and that's it.

You-know-what meta will spark some weird rage in the community (anyone is still doing it tho?)

Jade bot is kinda gimmicky and 99% of the time I forgot I have it.

Turtle, I used it like 3 times and don't even have hotkey setup.

Fishing? personally not for me,.... (but good for y'all those love it)

The closest one in my mind now might be "An xpac with bling af Legy weapons those kinda all look the same", but still inconclusive.

What's EoD for you guys?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

It's the story and exploration I love most in games and I enjoyed both in EoD. I also like the skiff/fishing combination but I doubt anything can top the mounts from PoF.

As sidenote: I think Tangled Depths is the best designed area in the game, followed by the beautiful looking Seitung.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

Core: Great open world content.

HOT: Hard Open World Content

PoF:  We heard HoT was too hard, so have some mounts.

IBS:  We had a great idea for a Season but decided to make an expansion instead.

EoD - You may not like the difficulty of the DE meta but at least you can finally go fishing. 

The conflict surrounding the DE meta is practically a meme at this point. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

I'm just going to borrow the format from the poster above.

Core: Great open world content (true!).

HOT: Metas and legendaries

PoF:  Mounts and firebrands

IBS:  Strikes, grindyness, sad Primordus arc, "expansion level content"

EoD - See, we told you IBS was "expansion level content". (Oh, and also wrapping up a 10-year long elder dragon story).

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Core: Wonderful open world play (still my favorite maps)

HoT: Gliders

PoF: Mounts

EoD: Fishing & Skiffs, Bots (downed assist, gliding boost).  

Time will tell if the downed assist is good or not. Some will like fishing, some won't. Long term... EoD is kind of minor, like HoT.  😎

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Yunnadel.8296 said:

IBS: Strikes and/or CC table

The EoD strikes are fantastic tbh! I'd say they're much more memorable than most of the IBS ones, even though EoD wasn't the expansion to introduce the format.

I think it is definitely Fishing and Skiffs though! I do love the turtle, especially for taxi'ing new guildies to missions and stuff, but it's not something I'm using every day. While I haven't deep-delved into Fishing myself yet, it is SO nice to go to any open world map and just see people out on the waters on their skiffs or see fishing parties on the LFG.

I think it's made the open world more social and I love their implementation of it- that it involves a fun little mini game and has mechanics with the food, day/night etc. It's great that it was brought into all of the maps like gliding and mounts were and wasn't just an EoD only feature. I'm map completing core Tyria on an alt right now and seeing so many people out on their skiffs, or posting in map chat about fishing parties and stuff is lovely, I think if I was a new player running through the game now, it'd make me really excited to get to EoD and be able to join in with all that 🙂A nice first impression of the community too.

Also of the small amount of fishing I have done- I find it really wholesome how courteous people are with their boat parking haha xD Whenever I go do the fishing daily and there's multiple people around a fishing hole, people will go out of their way to park their boat so it's not colliding with yours when you're anchored around a hole, even though the boats don't have collision if you're not in a party and you could fish through them if you have to, haha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

TY for replies!

I see a lot of players at least like fishing. Happy for you all 🙂

The thing about jade bot rescue protocol for me is, if only we can use where it really matters, like fractals and what not (not PvP/WvW of course).

I also like the scenery as few of you mentioned, Seitung looks good. (comparing to desert/snow everywhere maps). Now if only I have real meaningful activities in that map...

k fk it I'll try fishing lol.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

For me, it would be fishing and the Jade Bot / mount booster. Boost is really nice because I love flying on my griffon so that extra energy is awesome. Almost able to get the #3 just 400 more favors!

I only wish they did better in jade bot for alts. Like they should have some kind of storage in the jade bot so you can switch between what's active, and it should be shared on all of the alts, 80 or not. First thing I've seen so alt-unfriendly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, deadsyeren.9583 said:

I only wish they did better in jade bot for alts. Like they should have some kind of storage in the jade bot so you can switch between what's active, and it should be shared on all of the alts, 80 or not. First thing I've seen so alt-unfriendly.

Anet: "That's it! Guys get the gemstore Jade bot share slot /expansion sth sth ASAP!" 😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2