What will EoD be remembered for?

20 hours ago, scerevisiae.1972 said:

I agree it sounds dramatic but I didn't like it at all, so asking for a refund seemed like a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Played first 2 betas. I think the expac differed significantly from the (hyped) description, but there is also a statutory warranty in Australia that also applies that the product in question is of merchantable quality, I don't think it was.

the consumer guarantees do not apply if you got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.

Just the above clause alone will be in their favor. As for merchantable quality, if it's playable and being played daily by such a big number of players, it will already satisfy that condition. Minor bugs in programs will not negate that condition or else practically every single software in existence will not meet that requirements.  The onus will be on you to prove otherwise. Using "I don't think it was" will not be quite enough.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

i was pretty pissed off at the time but now, it's fine, it's not worth the effort to pursue it, but I'm just going not going to ever pre-purchase an expac again, and I would encourage everyone not to pre-purchase again in the future.

Hammer catalyst was such a huge kitten you to the community who had been asking for a new ranged weapon since forever. When that horrible piece of PVE-only garbage arrived, all my respect for Anet devs dissolved. The elite specs are literally the only thing of value to me in the expac.

Edited by scerevisiae.1972
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/18/2022 at 5:16 PM, vanfrano.1325 said:

You said it yourself, this is a business. They can lie, they can do damage control, they can change their plans later and make up excuses.

You watch too much TV.  TV shows are not reflective of reality.  

Overall, this is the most hyperbolic, emotionally ranty thread I've ever seen.

Anyways, EOD will be remembered for "Okay we get it, they like jade."   /jk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 10

On-going bugs aside, I think my final votes are down to these three:

#1: The unnatural looking colors (hues, saturation and reflection) of the vegetation and the unnatural environmental lighting
#2. The color and texture of dragon jade
#3: The terrible designs for mechs

Hmm, looks like I could actually sum it up: Unpleasant Aesthetics

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, Silent.6137 said:

Hush. Let me listen. Nope, don't hear any echoes. Mapchat is pretty silent regarding this. So's any guildchat.

The only place you hear it is on the forum posted by the same few individuals on virtually every single thread about EoD. Only those who are very dissatisfied with Eod will come to forum to air their grievances. The rest can live with it, flaws and all.

Try Lions Arch..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 6/19/2022 at 6:44 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

#1: The unnatural looking colors (hues, saturation and reflection) of the vegetation and the unnatural environmental lighting

#1 bothered the kitten out of me big time. Even when they previewed Shing Jea months before release I was crossing my fingers for them to change the color of the vegetation in the screenshots. Shing Jea is just so kitten bright compared to every other map outside of EoD that it actually hurt my eyes for a bit at first. It doesn't look like an area that even belongs to the same game. Kitten, when I went to go to Sandswept Isles for LWS4 dailies at the end of my first day in Shing Jea, I had some kind of "color whiplash" of how bad the difference was. The island just looks so unnatural. All the maps need polishing. Big time.

And for me the biggest insult to injury is that if you actually take time to go to the islands Southwest of New Kaineng, they are color detailed with how Shing Jea SHOULD HAVE BEEN. It makes me so sad. The colors and textures are just so unnatural and inconsistent.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

I didn't find her all that pretty? Kas and Jory were pretty..

I have a thing for Asians. Also, Kas and Jory are not that pretty. Queen Jennah is pretty. Countess Anise is pretty. Taidha Covington is pretty (and has a great butt, I've seen it back when she was naked in the first months of release, it was a bug). Lionguard Lynns is pretty. Apatia is prettier than Jory/Kas.

• Confused 4

3 hours ago, Phazon.3975 said:

#1 bothered the kitten out of me big time. Even when they previewed Shing Jea months before release I was crossing my fingers for them to change the color of the vegetation in the screenshots. Shing Jea is just so kitten bright compared to every other map outside of EoD that it actually hurt my eyes for a bit at first. It doesn't look like an area that even belongs to the same game. Kitten, when I went to go to Sandswept Isles for LWS4 dailies at the end of my first day in Shing Jea, I had some kind of "color whiplash" of how bad the difference was. The island just looks so unnatural. All the maps need polishing. Big time.

And for me the biggest insult to injury is that if you actually take time to go to the islands Southwest of New Kaineng, they are color detailed with how Shing Jea SHOULD HAVE BEEN. It makes me so sad. The colors and textures are just so unnatural and inconsistent.

Remember when some people complained about the colors and oversaturation? And so many others just kept defending it, I wonder if they realise why the maps are empty...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

I have a thing for Asians. Also, Kas and Jory are not that pretty. Queen Jennah is pretty. Countess Anise is pretty. Taidha Covington is pretty (and has a great butt, I've seen it back when she was naked in the first months of release, it was a bug). Lionguard Lynns is pretty. Apatia is prettier than Jory/Kas.

Yeah Kas and Jory are just some fetish characters. There is something special about Joon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kitty's defining shorties (she's mainly playing instanced content and some open-world on side for legendaries):

Core: Fractals and master the world for leggies!

LWS2: Ahem. There's sand on Kitty's boots.

HoT: Raids, best metas, glider, those chakkin' chaks. And chrono and dudu. #SupportLife

LWS3: Countless hours berryfarming (not good for brain) and 2-week holiday in Draconis Mons (10/10 will never go again)

PoF: Kitty hates sand. It's rough and coarse and gets everywhere. Though mounts are good. And Firebrand...in both good and bad.

LWS4: Praise Joko. And all the Alt+F4 ragequits when people were slightly faster than Kitty and forced her to do a dozen DF metas instead of couple to finish Soul Binder achiev for Vision (fastest route to temporary misantrophy)

IBS: Strikes, daily Bjora roundabout and Drizzlewood faming.

EoD: mechanist, easy gold from weekly A.S.S.es, more strikes, best aesthetics (Arborstone ❤️ though needs some cleanup) and most epic world boss with best BGM.

Edited by LadyKitty.6120
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

Eye of the beholder i guess.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Shining One.1635 said:

"This is a place of refuge, not a den of iniquity."

I am so sick of that and the old dude and the child... i mean do they really need to say the same lines every time you get close to them.. I stay clear of arborstone now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/20/2022 at 11:44 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Whenever I see Cantha, I just imagine being a Red/Green colour-blind person and wonder exactly how they see the entirety of the place 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Whenever I see Cantha, I just imagine being a Red/Green colour-blind person and wonder exactly how they see the entirety of the place 

Well, they probably experience the "joy" of seeing the remaining colors of so-called "beautiful" Kaineng and Seitung: shades of concrete grey. 😂 (Gods, how I detest those ugly concrete walls of New Kaineng City.)

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I remember when I got the cutscenes arriving in Cantha and the one when we arrive in New Kaineng and my character was all "woow", where clearly they think you're supposed to be amazed at the "beauty" of the region and I was like "nope, this looks awful".

Edited by vanfrano.1325
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1