What will EoD be remembered for?

6 hours ago, Demirincar.4103 said:

Not having to play GW2 like a stealth game avoiding every mob pack and having to the force logout relogin routine every 20 secs to reset aggro or cleanse ridiculously long stacked conditions like I did in HoT, PoF, LS3 and LS4 was an amazing gameplay experience for once

Yes,  this is it. This is why EoD is so kitten dull. Guess it was made for these folks. There will never another HoT, just have to enjoy the older stuff I guess.

Edited by Hashberry.4510
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Demirincar.4103 said:

EoD is the first expansion that I thoroughly enjoyed exploring and I even map completed 100% on 5 characters. Not having to play GW2 like a stealth game avoiding every mob pack and having to the force logout relogin routine every 20 secs to reset aggro or cleanse ridiculously long stacked conditions like I did in HoT, PoF, LS3 and LS4 was an amazing gameplay experience for once. EoD had properly balanced mob difficulty and fun hidden chests that required exploration and minor puzzle solving.

Pretty much that.  EoD is by far the most fun I have had in-game in many years.  It is the most fun to explore, and has plenty to do. But I still hate playing Pong just to fish...  😎

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Demirincar.4103 said:

EoD is the first expansion that I thoroughly enjoyed exploring and I even map completed 100% on 5 characters. Not having to play GW2 like a stealth game avoiding every mob pack and having to the force logout relogin routine every 20 secs to reset aggro or cleanse ridiculously long stacked conditions like I did in HoT, PoF, LS3 and LS4 was an amazing gameplay experience for once. EoD had properly balanced mob difficulty and fun hidden chests that required exploration and minor puzzle solving.

I had the same experience with regards to map completion, but after doing that I really don't have a reason to go back there anymore. The long-lasting conditions you refer to can be annoying, but I just put some condition removal in my build and learned to avoid mobs, etc. I guess that's what you mean with stealthing through but then you can do a lot with your mounts these days.

I notice how you say " ...was an amazing gameplay experience for once." and "EoD had properly balanced mob difficulty..." I guess it's in the past as well for you?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

The thing is though that the flip side of that is that if you make the jade bot account shared like you propose, then you cannot equip alts differently, but rather you'd have to swap out mods every time you play a differently equipped character. So that would be alt-unfriendly to me.

For me, the mod station is the biggest grievance I have. Why you have to go there to swap out mods is beyond me. Just let it be swappable from your inventory. Mod stations are effectively superfluous and serve no purpose except to annoy players.

That would still be a lot more friendly to me than spending gold or crafting multiple higher-tier cores, multiple chips, etc. As it is to use something on the alt you have to put it in bank then grab it from alt, or if you have enough shared storage sure, but I do not.

For example I had to do a bit of grinding to get my mount boost 3. I don't want to do that on alts. Ever. But there should be a spot on the jadebot itself that holds them, then you can equip what you want on that character. Even if I had to choose each log in, that is still so much better than the way it is.

Edited by deadsyeren.9583
Fix
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, deadsyeren.9583 said:

That would still be a lot more friendly to me than spending gold or crafting multiple higher-tier cores, multiple chips, etc. As it is to use something on the alt you have to put it in bank then grab it from alt, or if you have enough shared storage sure, but I do not.

For example I had to do a bit of grinding to get my mount boost 3. I don't want to do that on alts. Ever. But there should be a spot on the jadebot itself that holds them, then you can equip what you want on that character. Even if I had to choose each log in, that is still so much better than the way it is.

I agree with this completely, the system we have currently is fine if you have limited characters, but because of how incredibly alt friendly the game was up till EoD I capped out my account with characters. Just to buy the cruddiest t1 core and nothing else at all for the lot would be 100g, and I don't even want to think what decent stuff would cost me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

Well, shared slot plus one main core plus T1s for the rest and swap them like tools. Kind of meh but works I guess.

I wouldn't mind that idea, but you have to visit a workbench to change over every single time too, and I hop between about ten chars at a time. 

End of Dragons? More like End of Rewards, amirite?

On 5/26/2022 at 10:43 AM, vanfrano.1325 said:

I'll remember it as the expansion that pushed me away from the game.

Same. Abandoned WvW and PvP on top of abandoning rewards and catering to the IDC/IDKs while also trying to force them to interact with players who actually take the game seriously (DE Meta + Strike to get turtle). Also releasing some of the  most conservative, worst looking skins to date that also dye terribly(cantha npcs have better looking skins!), no Kimonos, no Yukatas, no traditional Asian hairstyles. Cash shop outfits are intentionally conservative and not even cute or appealing. Asian cultures have the best looking clothing style and we get ugly rags...

There's content but no reason to do any of it after masteries / AP if you don't want a Gen3. They thought Gen3's could carry this expacs entire reward structure. It can't.

Anet again, for the 10th time, forgot they're making a MMO and designed a do it once then done single player expansion.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/26/2022 at 11:25 AM, Randulf.7614 said:

I still love fishing and am really happy they added it, but I can accept it’s overcooked (pun intended)

What? It's the complete opposite, fishing is so basic and undercooked it's BORING.

17 hours ago, Hazell.2065 said:

Great meta and great instanced content but ruined by incompetent Rewards "team" who clearly don't play the game and never bothered to get in touch with the community.

Someone from the team tried to defend Strike rewards on Reddit on a non-Anet account. It was funny.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

A bit of a failure so far..

Beautiful maps, boring enemies.. not because they are easier to beat but really speakers (humans, tengu), Brotherhood (humans, Tengu) Aetherblades, again.... god they are a pitiful enemy and Cantha (robots, humans) i mean where are all the cool monsters, all the other anything? even the undead barely have a role..

The setting is pretty but the content is barren.. At least there is less CC all over the place.. Thats some what a plus. And at least 70% of the elite specs were good finally.

Fishing is boring because its not useful at all. Boating is terrible, boats drive like a drunk elephant. Turtle is useless as a mount.

I always hated the Aetherblades, stupid enemy. Its why i was not worried about ever seeing Living story 1 return, sadly it has.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

In all honesty, I'd call this one the most optional of all expansions. You need HoT for gliding. You need PoF for mounts (those are game changers). What must-have QoL can we associate to EoD? The elite specs will be obsoleted with the next expansion, and jade bots/fishing/skiffs ain't it, chief.

The fact that so many mobs were just recycled from other content, given an enhanced Liadri infusion, then passed off as something new is pretty telling.

Edited by VyPR.3412
  • Like 12
  • Sad 2

EoD in my mind will be remembered as the expansion that tried forcing the various factions within the playerbase to come together and do the same stuff, thus creating an incredible amount of toxicity in the community.

A few days ago I played HoT content with a new character. Haven't been in HoT maps for years. I was shocked. Tarir meta with obviously lots of new players, lots of dead players, nobody explaining anything in map chat, a lot of toxicity instead. Dragon's Stand with private squads on two of the three lanes, the third more or less unorganized except for a handful of buddies the commander obviously communicated with on a private channel, rushing through, ignoring the trash that then butchered all the noobs trying to follow. It was the fastest DS run I've experienced so far, I give you that. Tarir also succeeded in record time. Efficient, yes. But fun? No. I remember HoT metas to be open community events, not a private party where you're barely tolerated as a random visitor. Maybe it was just bad luck, bad timing. Or is it the "new normal" established by EoD metas?

• Like 10
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, deadsyeren.9583 said:

Well, the thing is that it's more alt-friendly from your point of view, but less alt-friendly from my point of view. I'm not saying your pov is wrong, just that it's different.

I don't mind crafting multiple cores. It takes some time for my 18 characters but at least I don't have to constantly swap things around. That's where my focus lies, because that's what's more important to me. It would be "hell" for me to have to swap mods out each log in. 

Mounts are different because they are a lot more work per character, like having to go through PoF stories on each character. The jade bot core is just a matter of resources and I don't need exotic cores on every single character right away. I will eventually but I don't need it. As I said, different pov's.

At least I suppose we feel the same about the work stations. 

• Confused 1