I have a dream, a epic battle called Black Sea

LART.3748

Recently I had a dream where Guild Wars 2 was involved, it's amazing what the human mind can do, anyway in the dream I was in a great battle on a fictional WvW map created by my imagination in that moment while he slept, it was a map called Black Sea (Black Sea) was divided into 3 fractions like the rest of the WvW maps separated by a large amount of water, there were special Skiffes capable of carrying more than 50 people, that kind of war skiffes had cannons installed and nets to capture enemies could also only be created by the commanders, in short it was an epic and super exciting battle where the ships very close to the castles broke the walls with the cannons the skirmishes they touched land and went for the Lords of the castles thus capturing the points, it was something epic I imagine one day something like that lived but in our beloved Guild Wars 2 a new map where we can use cannon ships and heavy artillery to knock down buildings and capture points as well as get new rewards, in the dream I never saw myself sitting on the PC, it was rather as if I was in the same game, an incredible experience. Well I wanted to share it with you!

• Thanks 1

Hehe i've had similar thoughts about how ship combat could be implemented in gw2 although i'm not the biggest fan of the concept.

I could definitely see it working though if they added new siege that could only be built on water and was basically a skiff with a canon.

Could use it for transport as well as light naval warfare and support.

A War Submarine could also replace the current Golem siege as well.

Bigger ships could be constructed at ports which would replace keeps and would require huge supply costs to make.

They would sail along set paths much like dolyaks and would require multiple players to man these ships similarly to how we had to man the canons when we fought Zhaitan back in the Arah Dungeon.

Players on canons, players in the ships bowels running ammunition to the canons and healing players while repairing damage to the ship and water expulsion systems using their own supply stocks to do so.
When the crews supply runs out the ship will sink after taking too much damage, and you could only board the ship at the port, so once it sets sail that's it your stuck with the crew you have and maybe some limited man overboard ability which could pull a few players out of the water or something.

Towers and Camps could be the same as they are, although located on islands now with turtles replacing Dolyaks as supply runners.

We'd probably need a mount replacement for the Warclaw too since that's a land mount.
Although I would not be opposed to giving the Warclaw the ability to swim on the surface of water only.. with the same mobility diminishment as it has on land so it doesn't outshine other mounts in PvE.

It could really be a lot of fun if it were done right.

Although the current state of Gw2's underwater combat is the biggest negative in a map like this which is why I can't see something like this happening without some major upgrades to the underwater combat.

Specifically build and weapon diversity which are the only real things imo that hurt underwater combat these days.

If we had more usable weapons and skills underwater, it would basically fix that almost completely if you ask me.

It's something i've wanted for a long time and have asked for repeatedly.. but I just don't think Anet care that much about this area of the game which is a real shame because Gw2 does have the best underwater combat in any MMO by far and if they expanded on that it could be phenomenal.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Thanks 1