WvW Queue “Timeout” Changes

it's just my opinion, but they are definitely doing something about the mechanics of the queues, in the last 10 days we see / notice queues on the maps that are actually not there, the other night even 47 in the queue, then select the map and instantly jump on the map.

it's something we've already noticed at times for a long time, but these last 10 days it all seems greatly amplified. maybe we have work in progress on the parameters of the queues.

On 7/19/2022 at 3:47 AM, Mabi black.1824 said:

it's just my opinion, but they are definitely doing something about the mechanics of the queues, in the last 10 days we see / notice queues on the maps that are actually not there, the other night even 47 in the queue, then select the map and instantly jump on the map.

it's something we've already noticed at times for a long time, but these last 10 days it all seems greatly amplified. maybe we have work in progress on the parameters of the queues.

Fake queues has always been there before these changes.

Just a matter of the system sorting out those in queue before the numbers disappear I believe.

If a 50 zerg leaves a map and 47 are in queue they will be asked immediately if they want to enter or leave queue.

Now that the timer is slower, it takes even longer to auto resolve.

If anyone enters while that is going on it probably means the map has more space than what are reserved for those in queue or some of them already said no so their spot opens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 9:08 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Fake queues has always been there before these changes.

Just a matter of the system sorting out those in queue before the numbers disappear I believe.

If a 50 zerg leaves a map and 47 are in queue they will be asked immediately if they want to enter or leave queue.

Now that the timer is slower, it takes even longer to auto resolve.

If anyone enters while that is going on it probably means the map has more space than what are reserved for those in queue or some of them already said no so their spot opens.

I guess the queue bug will be fixed by Mid August.  🙄

1) I sort of wish they would change the rules for joining at reset or anytime. Log in, select which map you want to join, queue up and grab a number!

2) There is no need for thousands of people to spam the gate at 10:03 and pray the anet gods let them into the game. It sucks that you can login 1hr - 30 mins before reset. Wait at the gate while you see more and more people show up. Score clears out, resets, gate opens & you hit the button to join and nothing happens, it glitches out for you and you get stuck in a 38 person queue.

3) If that's not bad enough, since its reset you get to wait an 1hr+. Slowly it ticks down you're sitting at number 4... maybe 30mins later and if the client dc's you from the game there is no saved seat for you when you logback in 5 seconds later and are thrown at the back of the line at number 33. There must be a way to detect if someone logs out vs getting interrupted/ dc'd. I mean the game gives you a message so they must know you didn't log off. It'd be nice if there was a small window/ saved seat if you can log back in quickly. (sort of like if you get dc'd from story you don't have to redo the entire thing/thrown at the back of the line)

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

Wait, what is the queue bug people are referring to? being stuck in queue, que pops and being stuck in queue again?

or

the whole queue system having problems at every point

or

the queue system on joining @ reset and the system glitches out and does nothing when you hit the button and doesn't allow you to join and throws you and the back of the line after you've been waiting for 30mins to 1hr while you watched more and more people show up after you?

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 4:43 PM, Kelly.7019 said:

Wait, what is the queue bug people are referring to? being stuck in queue, que pops and being stuck in queue again?

or

the whole queue system having problems at every point

or

the queue system on joining @ reset and the system glitches out and does nothing when you hit the button and doesn't allow you to join and throws you and the back of the line after you've been waiting for 30mins to 1hr while you watched more and more people show up after you?

On 9/3/2022 at 10:14 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Why does this game hit me with position 1 in queue bug after reset every other week?

Yup and Yup

• Like 1