There Should Be A Roller Beetle festival ~ hear me out :D

Kelly.7019

On 4/11/2022 at 11:17 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

SAB is based on a single Asura (Moto)'s hobby.

You know what, since there was a festival based on 1 guys hobby why not a festival on 1 mount and a whole bunch of player's hobbies!

I think there should be a beetle festival. 😄 Ask any of the beetle clubs for some ideas.

Open guild halls with beetle tracks to everyone (so you don't have to be in a party) - beta test a BEETLE lfg system. Optionally you could have the ability to rate track designs and vote on your favs, the winners would be put into a selectable que for the following week/2 weeks/ month. Or nix all that and allow players to submit their guild hall tracks designs to a list where players (can use the beetle lfg system) and test out those tracks and can compete against each other in instanced maps, adding to the other beetle adventures in open world maps. Bringing player created content to the game!

(I think GTA (Grand Theft Auto) had something like this) but now lets do it with Roller Beetles!

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

To the confused person - how are you confused? If you build tracks in your guild hall or even if you just decorate you can see by the GTA videos what i'm talking about. Players have created this content. Sure there aren't currently mount adventure maps gates or boosts in the guild hall but that could be added in a future system update. 😄 🙂 😄 (plus optionally the reality is if they added this it wouldn't just have to be roller beetle but any player created mount or just racing. imagine player created guild hall jp races! lol)

It would be fun to race around other players designs and have a system where you could explore as easily as selecting a fractal to join.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 3

I love beetle racing and it is sad that the content is not worked on - like SO many other things in GW2 that get intoduced and then abandoned. I would wish for more guildhall racetrack decoration pieces, things that people can use to build awesome tracks without resorting to use out of place "workaround decorations". Start and finish lines, race start displays, placeable things that lets you start a time trial like at the tracks in the open world etc.

They still add a new guildhall per expansion, but what you can actually DO in there is not being worked on sadly. Other than a few decorations (in addition to the racetrack decorations at beetle release) there has not been anything noteworthy happening to guildhalls, that is really a shame.

I would pay for a beetle racing guildhall expansion kit in the gemstore without hesitation if that would let me set up real actual racetracks with the appropriate mechanics instead of just placing some decorations (which still take very long to get if you don't have many people contributing and still want to build a good track).

• Like 2

Wouldn't really need such a thing. But also not against it for people that like racing. (The "real" thing - the achievements in the game ... are only doable by a minority of players though. Getting gold everywhere is pretty hard.)

I think people can just organize stuff with guild halls by themselves. Without ArenaNet having to put work into this. (Though skiff racing might be fun - maybe they will add this to Festival of the Four winds map where water is lol.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Wouldn't really need such a thing. But also not against it for people that like racing. (The "real" thing - the achievements in the game ... are only doable by a minority of players though. Getting gold everywhere is pretty hard.)

I think people can just organize stuff with guild halls by themselves. Without ArenaNet having to put work into this. (Though skiff racing might be fun - maybe they will add this to Festival of the Four winds map where water is lol.)

I think it takes practice to get gold. There is a good video by Kroof (i'll post below) that explains how to use the roller beetle pretty well. I was confused by the beetle at first too. It might have to do with the vc key layout or hand placement i don't know if that's the case but i had to rebind them for a better flow only now a whole bunch of other mini game buttons don't work. 😞 I think that's a separate keybind issue or binds not accounted for under options but that seems to not be of importance for um... people. Still though the only adventure that is hard to get gold for me regularly is in Snowden, it's pretty unforgiving if you make 1 lil mistake.

• Confused 1

Imo they did plenty when it comes to mount races. There's one in basically every festival, there's open world tracks and there's all the amazing stuff you can do within guild halls. And most of this stuff is available all year round. Unlike with that one Asura's hobby which you can access once per year for a couple of weeks.

You should go play TrackMania a bit if you're itching for some crazy races. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 9:18 AM, Andur.9275 said:

If you want to get in touch with an active beetle racing guild, visit us on discord: https://discord.gg/wkJbRwA

We have tutorials that cover all the current knowledge about the beetle and we even have very capable mentors who can give online lessons to everyone - from absolute beginners to "pros"-, who enjoy racing and want to improve. 😊

Oh, I didn't know about this!  I will have to check it out.  I always look forward to Dragon Bash because the roller beetle racetrack is such a blast.  I can get gold on the time trial now pretty consistently and it makes me think I should try some of the open world courses more often.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

It's a fun thought. I think the only way it could work is if whatever activities involved gave you temporary Roller Beetle if you don't have one, even without xpac. Otherwise, it'd be too inaccessible probably to justify the resources.

Currently at every beetle time trial and festival beetle race there is a vendor nearby where you can rent a beetle, I believe for up to an hour. 

• Like 1