Update on the Harvest Temple Strike Mission Challenge Mode

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all, I have a message from Cameron Rich, Lead Systems Designer for Guild Wars 2:

Hello everyone, I'm Cameron Rich, Lead Systems Designer for Guild Wars 2. I'd like to share an update regarding the upcoming Challenge Mode for the Harvest Temple Strike Mission.

We've made the decision to delay the release of the Harvest Temple: Challenge Mode from June 7 to June 28. We designed Harvest Temple: Challenge Mode to be one of the most difficult and demanding experiences the game has to offer, and this additional time means we can put the content through further testing and polish to help ensure we hit our mark.

Thank you for your patience and your continued support. We believe this encounter will be worth the wait.

-Cameron

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

Good! All of the EoD CMs have been outstanding so far, and I have a lot of faith in the team to deliver another great experience.

Appreciate the clear communication - take all the time you need, I think most groups are still busy trying to earn Gazed into the Void or The Great Equalizer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

Dropping it with the big balance patch? Surely theres a better decision than that to make each bit of content last longer.

The "big balance patch" will probably tweak some numbers, do a little bit of nerfing for pvp, ignore wvw (cornerstone game mode tm) and have at least three variants of "we feel [class x] is in a good spot right now"...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Hazell.2065 said:

Do something about the rewards  please...I spent around 6 hours to beat KO CM, used like 6 gold worth of food and utilities just to get 2 gold in the end. I don't get gold from doing this, I'm losing gold. 

You don't need food to do it, there is no DPS check.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

Still miss raids tho

Agreed. The feeling of progression is completely lost with this strikes as they are just "a fight". And the raids format was amazing, already, specially for Spirit Vale mixing bosses, sub-bosses and events with interesting mechanics as tutorials (event before sabetha lets you train throwing green bombs, as example). 

I really hope we get new raids with next Expansion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I really hope you deliver on this claim because all the other 3 CMs have been cleared within 5 hours.

Mai only took a few tries and my group literally one shot Ankka with huge disappointment other than the title which is pretty much the only dps check in the entire game.

I also hope the achievements aren't bugged this time as they have been for all the other CM releases. I will be extremely disappointed if we see groups being able to cheese the title with bugs for the last one too. I mean, you didn't fix all the bugs on KO CM yet.

My expectation is a CM with mechanics that have some depth to them, like a puzzle while fighting, not just 10 million aoes. Make the CM survive more than 5 hours at least, I really hope it delivers.

PS. Please don't replace raids with strikes, I refuse to give up hope.

Edited by Jokuc.3478
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zaraki.5784 said:

Minister Li CM is already too difficult (compared to Mai Trin and Ankka which are fine for CMs IMO), don't make the next one even more difficult please.

Whats the point in having another easy CM ? Legit its supposed to be a CHALLENGE mode and not another easy mode. The game already has more than enough easy encounter. If you cant get the title thats good, not everyone is supposed to have every title in the game. Or do you also complain about it being to hard to get "Best of the Best" title from PvP ?

IF you really care about getting the CM title then you will improve as a player if you cannot beat the CM within the first few hours. And if you dont want to improve as a player, then dont complain about content being too hard. Because there are people on the other side of the spectrum who want actual challenging content. ANet already killed raids so at least have the "hardcore" players have some kind of content that is challenging for a bit and not free for everyone who clicks their skills with their mouse.

Call me toxic if you want, but you know im right. A challenge mode should be challenging for a reason, exclusivity is something that this game misses and i would hope that at least this CM brings something close to exclusivity (untill people start to sell the title).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 6

Whatever you do, make this CM worthwhile. 

If you level it up to much and rewards will stay the same (X's Magnificent Coffer containing 1Li and 2g, which is just 1g more than in NM) it will probably become barely or even unpuggable while statics would have no interest in doing it more than once (no reason besides achievements/title).

Edited by banshee.9328
  • Confused 1

DPS has gone too far that you can kill raid and strike bosses under 10min. They are just DPS golems that sometimes hit back. Give players debuff to damage and make bosses mobile and hard to hit and you got your challenging content. And make other than berserker etc. gears matter. Might just remove them because why take anything else than full damage gear. Give some variety to play.

Edited by Mara.6782
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6