Harbinger survivability problem and solution

I couldent agree more clearly Harbinger needs more buffing...love the sarcasm from the OP hehe

In all seriousness anyone who tells me willbender is the most broken spec in gw2 pvp atm needs to play the meta harbinger build.

It is more bunkier/sustain then any singular heavy class in pvp whilst puking out rediculous amounts of dmg/condie. Oh lets not forget that it has every boon at its disposal with pulsing prot and practically infinite quickness. Did i forget to mention how its mobility is way over the top to:)

Either way this spec needs way more nerfing then any other spec currently in pvp and im sure Anet is aware of this.

Edited by Poledra Val.1490
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

It does appear to be reducing damage by 50% lol

It says 33% reduction in the build editor.

I don't know if any traits might effect it.

Can anyone tell me if it stacks with protection?

Edited by Infinity.2876

9 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

It says 33% reduction in the build editor.

I don't know if any traits might effect it.

Can anyone tell me if it stacks with protection?

It stacked Not a Long Time ago, thats why reaper was able to get 100% DMG reduction last year, now it does Not Stack but i dont remember the corrects calculation. The DMG reduction exists since Release of the game

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

It stacked Not a Long Time ago, thats why reaper was able to get 100% DMG reduction last year, now it does Not Stack but i dont remember the corrects calculation. The DMG reduction exists since Release of the game

It was stacking with other sources of dmg reduction always. Thing is it should stack multiplicatevely, but due to the mistake in the patch it stacked additevely for a couple of days. For expample. Reaper's shroud 50% + protection 33% + infusing terror 20% (reaper's shroud #3) should lead to 73,2% total dmg reduction in normal circumstanses. But due to the bug it was straight 103% dmg reduction. Bug was patched and now it is back to normal.

About harbinger shroud. It doesn't have any dmg reduction by itself. If it does it is either a bug or an undocumented change.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

It actually does, necro shroud decreases incoming DMG by 50%, this is also true for harbinger shroud

IDK, a Harbinger I asked said the damage reduction wasn't there. I'm trusting the harb just because I'm definitely not gonna buy EoD just to test this, of course.

46 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

IDK, a Harbinger I asked said the damage reduction wasn't there. I'm trusting the harb just because I'm definitely not gonna buy EoD just to test this, of course.

You don't have to buy eod, Just Attack one of the trillions harbinger and you See directly its half DMG, Most of the time you don't realize it because of the perma weakness from all those necros, i am 100% Sure that its There and i would never Trust a necro

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

You don't have to buy eod, Just Attack one of the trillions harbinger and you See directly its half DMG, Most of the time you don't realize it because of the perma weakness from all those necros, i am 100% Sure that its There and i would never Trust a necro

The damage reduction isn't shown in the damage numbers, I think? It should show only on their side, IIRC.

I have tested it:

Reaper (no gear, no skills, no traits):

PvE (Cursed Shore) / Risen Plaguebearer autoattack
outside of shroud: 1800 damage
in shroud: 1200 damage (33% reduction)

PvP (Heart of the Mists) / Svanir opening attack (after knockdown)
outside of shroud: 4700 damage
in shroud: 2350 damage (50% reduction)

Harbinger (no gear, no skills, no traits):

PvE (Cursed Shore) / Risen Plaguebearer autoattack
outside of shroud: 1800 damage
in shroud: 1800 damage (no reduction)

PvP (Heart of the Mists) / Svanir opening attack (after knockdown)
outside of shroud: 4700 damage
in shroud: 4700 damage (no reduction)

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Thanks 4

On 6/2/2022 at 9:43 AM, Avatar.3568 said:

It actually does, necro shroud decreases incoming DMG by 50%, this is also true for harbinger shroud

It reduces damage but they're still taking vitality damage in the process. This is more or less of an issue here let's be real, when you fight an Harbinger as Power your damage is nullified by the constant weakness, not that 50% damage reduction, if that meant anything broken I'd know for the fact that Jalis playstyle is similar but much harder to consistently effectively pull off.

I posted a comment on some weaver thread here on the PvP section, stating that I do NOT take the DM trait. It's not hard to stack carapace from that traitline to make Harb seem tanky. W/o DM, Harbingers may produce more damage but at least it's not yet another tanky necro build anomaly. 

Harbingers were so awesome when they were DPS but despite the DPS nerf, synergies between traitlines, shroud and weapon skills are so flawlessly weaved together that PvPers just created another iteration of the build. 

On 6/2/2022 at 3:35 PM, lotus.5672 said:

This is the kind of people that plays this game mode, cant even spot the most obvious joke.

If I was anet I would ignore this subforum full of crayon eaters too

You'll get crayon-eaters anywhere you look across Tyria and its myriad little pocket dimensions.