New Guild Decorations For Dragon Bash

Rubi Bayer.8493

On 6/9/2022 at 5:20 PM, Ronin.4501 said:

Guildhalls were added with HoT so it would've made sense to have dozens of decorations available when it was released.  As for PoF, I don't honestly know what decorations were introduced along with its release and which ones were added in the months afterwards.

But again, considering how many players in the community have been asking for these decorations for years versus a few posts thus far requesting new EoD decorations (one of which was mine), I'm ok with Anet releasing the Racetrack decorations now and waiting a few more months for new EoD decorations.

Well as race track decorations came out years ago and EoDs was just released, that's not really a fair comparison. Of course there will be years worth of post for something that has been out for years, that doesn't indicate people want it more.

My issue is that an expansion is a major release that updates features, but the guild hall feature only received a new GH and 2 decorations. Its like they forgot about it. Then instead of amending this in the next couple updates, they give us race decorations. Which while a nice added bonus, are not in the same league as expansion decorations. 

• Like 2

The New Holographic race track...  we seam to be missing the The New Holographic racetrack curved ramp, Is this a forgotten Item to be added to the guild Hall decorations? we are not able to make the right jumps without it...  Will it be worked in later. this is a item we do use in our guild hall and I have had many other decorators/players asking the same question. the other only other thing I would like to see is some kind of timer for when we start a race and finish a race. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

No. Please don't link guild hall decorations to dungeons (or raid or strike or fractal or wvw or pvp) currencies. They are fine as it is now.

I think he was referring to my suggestion that we be allowed to use race tokens (earned doing the beetle time trials) to purchase/craft the new race decorations in lieu of needing zhaitaffy (which is only available 3 weeks out of the year)  We weren't suggesting needing dungeon tokens or otherwise for decorations that can be purchased/crafted year-round, but rather offering an alternative method to crafting the decorations that can only be made/purchased with festival tokens that are locked 49 weeks a year.

4 hours ago, OtakuModeEngage.8679 said:

Well as race track decorations came out years ago and EoDs was just released, that's not really a fair comparison. Of course there will be years worth of post for something that has been out for years, that doesn't indicate people want it more.

My issue is that an expansion is a major release that updates features, but the guild hall feature only received a new GH and 2 decorations. Its like they forgot about it. Then instead of amending this in the next couple updates, they give us race decorations. Which while a nice added bonus, are not in the same league as expansion decorations. 

Except that we were talking about new racetrack decorations, so I would say it's absolutely a fair comparison.

You're also assuming that new decorations are easily made by the Art department.  I don't think any of us have an idea for how long it takes to create new decorations, and it's very possible that the new racetrack decorations that were released had been in the works prior to EoD being released.

Again, like you, I would very much like to see more EoD decorations.  A lot more.  But I'm willing to be a bit more patient with them...for now.  If no new decorations come out in the next 6 months, maybe then I'll start raising more complaints.

*I should probably note that I'm primarily a WvW player (who happens to also enjoy beetle racing and guildhall decorating, but otherwise not much PvE) so I've learned to be very patient when it comes to having expectations in this game.  Just be glad you're playing the part of the game-mode where Anet seems to have some idea of what they want to do. 😉

9 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

I don't need to go on youtube i'm already there. 😄

A) As far as clubs i know of [DRFT], [RACE] and a third one i forget that seem to be the main big ones and maybe [UAoT], then there are the many many rando peeps that build tracks (some of them are in these clubs) kitepwr,  kiLLeR415TV, Garfried,  ReaperJumadu,  LanifMaster, Rawr Gaming With Tdrag0n jxv, Stuphoost, Martin Holtsdalen Larsen, Zema, to mention a few. But for all the love i also see lots of h8 here on the forums much like everything else: raids, casual PvE content,  hardcore content, yada yada yada and from my own experience as 1 out of 200 it seems like only a handful are interested in beetling. I don't understand why though its sooo fun!

B) As for max cap it is so easy to reach. I wish there was a counter of some kind so you knew how close you were to the limit instead of being halfway done on a project and realizing you can't place any more things. 😞

C) I'm kinda surprised people decorate once and done. I decorate and tear down monthly. I prefer temporary decorations / seasonal decorating.  I guess it's like how i decorate my bedroom, things are always moving around.

D)Yea that is the problem. i think this is why we have limits on "objects too close" the system is limited. and too many objects will slow the game. this seems like a major flaw and probably should not have done guild halls in the first place which mitght be why they finally realized to stop working on them all together... sort of.

e) ah true. i guess farming tools might be 1 way, kinda... if they gave the zhataffy eh maybe? I think there is the daily pinata for you home instance but that prolly doesn't do a lot.

A) Yeah I know most of them as well as I've raced in the beetle tournaments a few times (I make it to the finals and flame out badly lol).  But I can see where a lot of players would find beetle racing difficult.  It took me a good month to get gold on the Snowden Drifts track, and another year to finally run a sub-30 second lap there!!

B) lol you probably wouldn't like my method.  I've actually sat down and counted up how many decorations I have total (which can be done from outside the guildhall) and then how many I've got in storage (when I'm in the guildhall).  Counting 2000 pieces kinda sucks.

C) I'm actually one of those people.  Although I may eventually tear down and rebuild my Lost Precipice guildhall, it took me a full 2 years to completely decorate it the way I envisioned it, and now it's my own personal zen area.  I may end up treating the Isle of Reflection guildhall differently, but I've only started decorating in there so I can't say for certain. (I did already take down the skiff racetrack I built; the skiffs just aren't great for racing unfortunately).

D) Yeah unfortunately we'll probably never know the full truth behind the spacing cap/decoration cap, but that's my take on it anyways.

E) Again the problem is how much zhaitaffy is required.  Similar to the issue with farming flax seed.  I can assure you for as many oils as I've crafted over the past 2-3 years (in the thousands), that one flax node in my home instance isn't much help.  In spite of my suggestion/request to give us an alternative to zhaitaffy, I've already purchased 10k zhaitaffy and hope to buy at least another 10k before the festival ends, just in case. 😉

4 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

(I did already take down the skiff racetrack I built; the skiffs just aren't great for racing unfortunately).

>> I wonder how those racing power-ups would effect skiffs- i haven't tested it yet.

I've already purchased 10k zhaitaffy and hope to buy at least another 10k before the festival ends, just in case. 😉

>> 😮

Edited by Kelly.7019
why cant i format this properly its so annoying. i can't type below the quote >:(
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

A) Yeah I know most of them as well as I've raced in the beetle tournaments a few times (I make it to the finals and flame out badly lol).  But I can see where a lot of players would find beetle racing difficult.  It took me a good month to get gold on the Snowden Drifts track, and another year to finally run a sub-30 second lap there!!

B) lol you probably wouldn't like my method.  I've actually sat down and counted up how many decorations I have total (which can be done from outside the guildhall) and then how many I've got in storage (when I'm in the guildhall).  Counting 2000 pieces kinda sucks.

C) I'm actually one of those people.  Although I may eventually tear down and rebuild my Lost Precipice guildhall, it took me a full 2 years to completely decorate it the way I envisioned it, and now it's my own personal zen area.  I may end up treating the Isle of Reflection guildhall differently, but I've only started decorating in there so I can't say for certain. (I did already take down the skiff racetrack I built; the skiffs just aren't great for racing unfortunately).

D) Yeah unfortunately we'll probably never know the full truth behind the spacing cap/decoration cap, but that's my take on it anyways.

E) Again the problem is how much zhaitaffy is required.  Similar to the issue with farming flax seed.  I can assure you for as many oils as I've crafted over the past 2-3 years (in the thousands), that one flax node in my home instance isn't much help.  In spite of my suggestion/request to give us an alternative to zhaitaffy, I've already purchased 10k zhaitaffy and hope to buy at least another 10k before the festival ends, just in case. 😉

I hope I have stocked enough to never run out of racetracks again. The track expansion never ends >.>

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 1

So I recreated one of my previous decorations in the LP guildhall that had used the old racetrack pieces with the new holographic racetrack pieces.  Here's how it turned out!

Old Version

https://imgur.com/xXHYia7

https://imgur.com/w1EFp4X

https://imgur.com/FHUWDRZ

New Version

https://imgur.com/G8dB6Yl

https://imgur.com/FfDr8lo

https://imgur.com/8XUGdvB

*Note: For those of you wondering, this is my "diving platform". 🙂

Edited by Ronin.4501

4 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

So I recreated one of my previous decorations in the LP guildhall that had used the old racetrack pieces with the new holographic racetrack pieces. 

For Decoration the holo one does look cooler then the wooden ones 😄

• Like 1

Others mentioned this before and now i'm finally getting around to it and yea... it is super hard to tell the edges of the holo tracks at a distance to line them up when placing them. not sure how well this will work for certain things without a border when you are trying to place them (like making funnels n such). Also yea, there's no outline you normally get on other decs when hovering over it with the cursor when post processing is on low. Accidental deletions might occur frequently.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

Others mentioned this before and now i'm finally getting around to it and yea... it is super hard to tell the edges of the holo tracks at a distance to line them up. not sure how well this will work for certain things with out a border when you are trying to place them. (like making funnels n such) Also yea, there's no outline you normally get on other decs when hovering over it with the cursor when post processing is on low. Accidental deletions might occur.

Uhh yeah.  At least twice while making the new structure, although I was clearly indicating one piece as I tried to delete it, instead it chose another piece elsewhere in the structure to delete, causing quite a bit of frustration.

I can also say that the new version is MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE to make than the old version.  The old version had pieces that were "free", requiring 2000 race tokens.  The new version required 400 ectos, 2000 zhaitaffy, 80 fine finishing kits, and 800 silver ingots. Oof!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 10:21 PM, Ronin.4501 said:

Except that we were talking about new racetrack decorations, so I would say it's absolutely a fair comparison.

You're also assuming that new decorations are easily made by the Art department.  I don't think any of us have an idea for how long it takes to create new decorations, and it's very possible that the new racetrack decorations that were released had been in the works prior to EoD being released.

Again, like you, I would very much like to see more EoD decorations.  A lot more.  But I'm willing to be a bit more patient with them...for now.  If no new decorations come out in the next 6 months, maybe then I'll start raising more complaints.

*I should probably note that I'm primarily a WvW player (who happens to also enjoy beetle racing and guildhall decorating, but otherwise not much PvE) so I've learned to be very patient when it comes to having expectations in this game.  Just be glad you're playing the part of the game-mode where Anet seems to have some idea of what they want to do. 😉

I don't think you understood my point. Saying 'people have asked for it longer', or 'more people have asked for it' is not an adequate method of measuring player demand, BECAUSE, race tracks have the advantage of time. Of course if there is more time, people will have asked for it longer. Of course if there is more time, it will have accumulated more threads and post requesting it. But had race tracks and the EoDs expansion came out at the same time, race tracks would not have had the advantage of time, and only then, when they both shared a level playing field, could we count the requests coming in for each to see which was desired more.

Im assuming that if they were able to develop them prelaunch for the other two expansions, they could have developed them prelaunch for this one too. Regardless of how difficult it is to make these decorations, they set a precedence... And then failed to live up to it.

For arguments sake however, lets say I do assume "new decorations are made easily". I have noticed many/most decorations are virtually copies of assets used in the open world. So to extrapolate upon that observation, I theorize that to make decorations, they take pre-existing assets already in the game and either recode them, or add code to them, to make them available/placeable in the guild hall as well. That said, if this theory is correct, with the exception of decorations that did not have pre-existing assets in the game(such as the holographic race tracks), it shouldn't take much time at all to make these decorations, as they have already been made, and merely need to be recoded. If that is the case, it would actually be faster and easier to make EoD decorations than the new race track decorations. Of course, this is just amateur speculation on my part, so I could be wrong.

Edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679

ok, hmm... i just noticed something. Idk if there was a revert update or guildies deleted decs(doubtful) but when i entered our hall today all the power-ups i placed on water yesterday were back in storage today. 😞 all that testing work erased. Hmms i will test again and record it this time. heh.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

ok, hmm... i just noticed something. Idk if there was a revert update or guildies deleted decs(doubtful) but when i entered our hall today all the power-ups i placed on water yesterday were back in storage today. 😞 all that testing work erased. Hmms i will test again and record it this time. heh.

On 6/9/2022 at 5:33 AM, Mil.3562 said:

And, I have reported in the Bug section that some of the Checkpoint Projectors placed in the Hall disappeared after some time or when I leave the GH. For example, I placed 6 Checkpoints and 3 disappeared from the track and went back into to my guild storage when I left the Hall and revisited a few hours later. I repeated the process and the same 3 disappeared again. I hope this will be look into.

Looks like a bug is affecting both the power-ups and checkpoints. 😕

awww 😞

guess i wont bother building anything with those then for a while

this will probally lose all its power ups when i come back to hall then i assume. 😞

now time to leave the guild hall and see if they disappear again 😞

edit:

Wow... left for 1 second and came back and the first 5 that you cross all disappeared.😞 😞 😞 only 4 left on the back side.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Sad 1

Thought I'd put together a quick video just to compare decorating with the old Racetrack decorations versus decorating with the new Holographic Racetrack decorations, specifically to show the greater degree of difficulty in trying to accurately place the Holographic Racetrack decorations.  As others have mentioned, it's not only the fact that the one end of the HR piece is invisible (making it much more difficult to align the pieces accurately), but also the purple "glow" that affects the piece being placed is not visible either when placing the HR pieces (further making it more difficult to align the pieces accurately).  Hoping someone from Anet will take a quick look at this and maybe try to come up with some sort of solution? 🤞

**EDIT: As I re-watched the video I did notice that the purple "glow" is actually still there when placing the Holographic Racetrack pieces; it's just extremely difficult to see on top of the glow coming off the HR pieces themselves. 

Edited by Ronin.4501

13 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

Not exactly purely Dragon Bash but while we are in Hoelbrak...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52157056014_2371ff3fc6_b.jpg

I always wished these paintings outside the bank was a vendor that you could actually buy them from for 10 gold per painting. 😄

I remember when i first walked by here I thought it was just that!

Unfortunately your link was no good, but I'm assuming you're talking about the paintings behind the npc merchant Holda just west of Trade Commons waypoint?  I had the same thought when I first saw them.  The good news is there are some paintings you can buy as decorations from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Albert_the_Butler#vendor3 (the one in Lake Doric).  The bad news is they cost 25g, not 10g. 

• 5 weeks later...

The “Racing Power-Up Projector” decoration is still bugged from release WEEKS LATER! It is constantly an issue. They randomly disappear from your guild hall as soon as when you leave. any fix for this? I've noticed  about half disappeared when they were on the waters surface and recently 1 keeps disappearing from the same spot on a cliff. Not sure what is causing this, but it is super annoying and you can't reliably count of them when designing a track so it's pretty pointless to use it as is!!!

Edited by Kelly.7019

15 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

The “Racing Power-Up Projector” decoration is still bugged from release WEEKS LATER! It is constantly an issue. They randomly disappear from your guild hall as soon as when you leave. any fix for this? I've noticed  about half disappeared when they were on the waters surface and recently 1 keeps disappearing from the same spot on a cliff. Not sure what is causing this, but it is super annoying and you can't reliably count of them when designing a track so it's pretty pointless to use it as is!!!

Can you confirm that it disappears on open ground? These are active decorations, which means rather than being static objects they probably use the same hidden NPC system that alot of things in game use, meaning it might not function over water, mid-air or anywhere an NPC can't stand.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Can you confirm that it disappears on open ground? These are active decorations, which means rather than being static objects they probably use the same hidden NPC system that alot of things in game use, meaning it might not function over water, mid-air or anywhere an NPC can't stand.

Yes, in this location i screened below it disappears when i leave the hall.

https://imgur.com/a/RDx8yEo

and i have video of it disappearing on the waters surface in this thread:

18 hours ago, MintyMin.2718 said:

They will disappear if you place them on water or sand surface. Not all but most will be gone and went back to your deco storage after you left the Hall. To get around that, you will have to place them on top of something else.

For example, for water surface I put a piece of  Rec Room Floor Tile in the water and then place  the projector or checkpoint on top of it. For sand surface, I buried a piece of racetrack part in the sand where i want to put the powerup or checkpoint bubble. You don't have to worry about causing a bump on the surface. It wont if done perfectly. This is the best solution for now till ANet fix the bug. But as decorator, you should know that they never fix decoration bugs or glitches. So we can all say bye bye to the missing Holographic Curved Ramp 😢

but as Minty suggested if you place a flat dec below it and try to sink it into the ground and put the racing power-up Projector on top it solves the problem in a MacGyver kind of way on a temporary basis until this bug can be worked out.

Edited by Kelly.7019

On 7/20/2022 at 6:05 PM, Kelly.7019 said:

Yes, in this location i screened below it disappears when i leave the hall.

https://imgur.com/a/RDx8yEo

and i have video of it disappearing on the waters surface in this thread:

but as Minty suggested if you place a flat dec below it and try to sink it into the ground and put the racing power-up Projector on top it solves the problem in a MacGyver kind of way on a temporary basis until this bug can be worked out.

And recently I discovered that after placing those Powerups and Checkpoints, you can safely remove the dec or whatever it is they are placed on, and the Checkpoints and Powerups will stay! Now, I am bored without new decorations.

I wonder will we ever get more Cantha decos? Even if we do, a fat hope, it will be a long wait for sure. Just look at the mess the last two patches brought (broken changes, glitches and bugs). I hoped fixing those will be their priorities.

Edited by MintyMin.2718