REWARDS at endgame

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Being driven out of something is being driven toward something else just as being driven toward something is being driven away from something else. When A = B then B = A. A and B are the same thing. There is no real distinction between the two.

not quiet. A is most rewarding. B is average rewarding C is least rewarding:

if you go to B instead of C you still do not go to A

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 6/7/2022 at 1:51 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

And my point was that HoT is not the most rewarding content. And yet is being played. Which suggests that rewards, while important, are only one of the many factors. And seemingly not the most important one.

Just to clarify this, because i left before you answerd this to take a break from this discussion.

I don't know if you misunderstood me, or just wanted to make a point for the sake of the point.

I NEVER said, that people play the most efficiently, i said that people play teh Content who gives most rewards in exchange for what it is. I said Rewards MATTER. I said Rewards help content to drive. I said most People who play GW2 are Reward DRIVEN, not play the stuff who gives the most efficiently rewards.

Yes, HOT is not the most rewarding content in the game. But it's easy and GOOD rewarding content. Therefore it drives. And it was just a fricking EXAMPLE. In EXAMPLE, what i said already, dungeons are a community-favorite. We see threads about this all the time, but even so, it is not played as much after the reward-drop.

This was my point. People want rewards for the things they do, they want good rewards and not an apple and an egg.

So, make out of this what you want.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

i was just thinking about this, THE GREED is so very big. if you want something, you have to make your real life worse and make gw2 your first life. i am a loot player but i don't feel rewarded for the time spend. 
it makes me angry, the content in last expansion is bad enough already (bad is too much rng for succes. takes too much time if you will every complete the soo-won) without a reward. the very rich players getting more rich. while average players have a second job in this game. i hate it to think that some ppl just get a loot drop for worth more then 3k gold and so getting so much upgrades or whatevery you buy from it. the new infusion, someone just get a drop of 10k gold. this anger is not worth it. i am a loot player in first place, playing content for fun is second place. i left wow because i haven't looted a single mount drop in 6 months.
everything ingame for average not challanging players is the same junk loot everywhere. no matter where you waste your time you will never see a nice loot drop for 1k+ gold. i left cantha not long after the expansion, the grind is big. the turtle annoys me very bad in arbor stone, bad thats it cant be killed or clicked away.
i wanted legendary armor, but it is not achieveable for me at this time so i accepted it and searched something else to do.
English players or other ppl who can (talk) good english are lucky, i can only typ english good enough but speaking not so much.
but after all, i have frustration about not getting legendary gear, i like to change stats often (i do now with a website build editor) 
but i am sure if i get all legendary i don't play that long. its weird. 

and about infusions i thought the same, i hope that 10th anniversary gives a 10k worth infusion of choice but account bound.
i once met someone who killed pinata since expansion came out for over 2 years and killed it daily without a single drop. how can you keep playing a event that wastes half hour of your day. he bought it in the end from the tp.

and about the community, they say its the best community, (in game for sure) till you get on the forums, those face icons say enough about the selfish players, they want everything for them self but someone else who can't achieve it they don't care about.

also ppl can't place them in a person who cant obtain legendary armor by a content they don't like or arent good for or doesnt have the time for. 

maybe i write more but first dinner.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2