Dungeon Token Change broke vendor for some old accounts [Merged]

The patch notes said: 
"To purchase rare armor from a dungeon merchant, players are required to complete the dungeon story mode associated with the armor.

To purchase exotic armor, weapons, and legendary gifts from dungeon merchants, players are now required to complete the dungeon explorable mode associated with the item.

Note: Accounts that have already completed any story mode or explorable path before this change are exempt from this requirement."
(emphasis added by me)

And yet, on an account that is as old as the game is, which has repeated each dungeon story mode and explorable path on multiple characters dozens of times (even getting all dungeon collections to 60+% if not already 100% complete) over the last decade... I suddenly now have no access to the items I did have access to mere hours ago prior to the patch. All items are now greyed out and the vendor is treating me like a new account, requiring 7 repeats of each dungeon to gain access to their wares. This should not be.

Additional note to really reiterate my point:
Dungeon Frequenter
98 total paths counted
Achievement completed 12 times

Hobby Dungeon Explorer
848 total explorable paths counted
Achievement completed 169 times

Why is the vendor asking me to do these all over again???

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

I know I've done CM and AC very recently with their last daily rotations, so it shouldn't be an activity or age thing - based on what is described in the notes, if we've done them, it should know that, especially since a variety of achievements can track whether we have accomplished these prerequisites.

Edited by Aerulight.7250
grammar
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Emphasis should be placed on the word "any" in that note as well. 

I've fully completed 4/8 dungeons and am only lacking 1 exp path on each of the other 4 dungeons, yet am locked out of all weapons and gifts.  To say "any" story "or" explorable, indicates one need not have fully completed the dungeon, but only the story and 1 path to have gained grandfathered access.  If the requirement was instead intended to be Dungeon Master and / or Hobby Dungeon Explorer achievements completed, then the notes should say such, but then one would wonder why this note would need to be noted in the first place if the intention was for all accounts to fully complete ALL story and and ALL exploration paths, regardless of past progression prior to this change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Ah, that's an even more succinct way to put it Necrosanct. The Dungeon Master achievement itself should be flag enough for the game to know it should allow an account access to all dungeon rewards, the Dungeoneer one is doubly so. Their own requisites match the ones for the currency change.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'm also in a similar boat. 

The first character I logged in with was my newer engineer, that I definitely have not run any dungeons on. I checked the vendor and everything was locked out.

I then checked my Necro, who was created 3569 days ago, and I have *definitely* done TA with him, as that is how I got Rabid exotic gear back in Core. I only have the achievements for explorable for TA and AC, but I have done all the story modes for all the other dungeons (for the WvW tracks). But, everything is still locked out for me, even on the Necro.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I am having the same issue. I have all paths completed of all the dungeons and completed Hobby Dungeon Explorer 50 times and now I cannot purchase any gifts for the legendries. I created my account during the early preview days of Guild Wars2.

Edited by Das Hooty.3805
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I checked on one character who's done a few of the story mode dungeons - Ascalonian Catacombs, Caudecus's Estate, and Twilight Arbor, and only those. (Technically the Arah dungeon story mode, too, seeing how I completed the personal story.) The legendary gifts, weapons, and exotic dungeon armors are all available, but the regular rare armor and tonics from Honor of the Waves and Citadel of Flame are locked, saying I need to complete the story mode for that dungeon. The rare armor from all other dungeons is available. I checked on another character who hasn't done any story mode or explorable paths, and it was the same result.

That's...a bit baffling. This has to be a bug, as there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which character or account has access to what armor/gifts/weapons/etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Steckums, that's a good place to look, since that's a decent place for a hold-up with the ability to open a dungeon path being coded as character specific. Sadly, it looks like that is not the common thread between all of us. And, since it's clearly an account-wide mechanic now, it ideally should not matter what toon visits the vendor going forward. 😐

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I posted this in a general discussion thread, will add it here to add to the data:

I am one that had no problems.  I don't know that the alt I used has done all the dungeons, though it's possible as she's my help-others-with-pve character but still is not my usual dungeons/fractals character.  I got the game mail that the currency had been swapped (total over 12K Tales), looked in my inventory to confirm, and headed to LA (I was not in LA on log in, in case that has any impact).  I clicked through all the armor options, then a few of the weapon options, and everything was available to me.  I do have all dungeon achieves complete except for the last bits of Hobby Dungeon Explorer, for which I need to do 6 more paths to cap out the AP.

This alt is not a day one alt, though she's one of my older ones.  I have not checked on any other alts as to whether the vendor is locked for them or not.  I have five alts from original launch, and have regularly played since launch.

• Haha 1

Got the same bug, locked out despite having all the achievements, all the weapons, all the armor, and some but importantly not all legendaries that require the gifts. I tested running the story, and one exploreable but with no effect on the vendor.

Support just repasted the email that said that people got to rerun the content again, which given 5 explorables would mean 40 runs. Since I also got all the token needed to get enough gifts for the remaining legendaries, tokens would just be a waste, so 40 runs with practically zero rewards beside unlocking something which is blocked by a bug. Sound like fun?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

More confusion to add to the data pool. I only have a single account, 6 years old. I'm one of the dying (dead?) breed that still runs dungeons a lot, and when I'm doing them, I typically do 2x frequenter runs per session.

I have access to every single item the vendors sell. Not sure what makes my account any different from the others who've posted here (who have the associated achievements as well) other than the sheer volume and frequency with which all of my characters do dungeons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1