Dungeon Token Change broke vendor for some old accounts [Merged]

Just want to add my voice to this. I have all dungeon achievements on my account, but of course, I don't remember which characters did which paths. I spoke to the dungeon merchant with a character that has definitely done many of them, and the armor pieces are all locked.

I suppose we'll wait for a patch.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Have Dungeon Master and done paths multiple times yet its locked. Thought okay no big deal I can just do the paths and they will unlock, I need more currency anyways... well i did 5 explore paths of AC (on just 1 character, one that has done them before) and nothing unlocked!

There are  skins from the vendor that say do it 4 times or 5 times to unlock and none of them unlocked for me, so even doing the dungeons again doesn't make a different.

Edited by CrimsonChaos.4392
typo
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Dungeon Token Change broke vendor for some old accounts [Merged]

Thank you Friggarn and Thistle for the data perspective from double accounts, that is extra helpful verification. And thank you Thistle, for adding info about how even running the dungeons again isn't working. 

At this point, though it was a nice idea, and likely intended with all the hopeful love and kindness the developers very likely feel for their game and their players, it has had not landed well and the current bug has resulted in taking away something folks have already earned. I am of the stance that I don't mind if new players have an easier go of dungeon token rewards and things going forward, so long as those of us who played the dungeons all this time don't lose what we've already earned. It would be better to (1) flag the whole system to grandfather in all existing accounts as suggested, or, (2) just make the vender rewards accessible without restrictions since the currency cost for the items is more than enough requirement - whether a player chooses to directly dungeon or indirectly WvW/PvP for those rewards, that is still time and effort spent on it. This second option goes well with Anet's original manifesto for this game, so I feel it is worthwhile to seriously consider.

Edited by Aerulight.7250
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Also adding to the data:

Old account, did all the dungeons a bunch of years ago on a now-retired character. Swapped to new main who hasn't done a lot of dungeons. Have taken hiatus a few times in the past for reasons. Recently returned, everything is unlocked on the vendor for my current main.

Helped a guild mate with a dungeon to unlock the appropriate tab and there was no change for them, and they have completed that particular dungeon many times previously.

Hope this helps. Appreciate the patch to consolidate dungeon currency, and hope that this can be resolved for players promptly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I only did story mode for each dungeon once (Arah as part of the Personal Story) for the Tyria Mastery Point (8/8 Dunegons dicovered) which unlocked the corresponding reward tracks in WvW and PvP.

All the Dungeon Armor Pieces and Weapons I have unlocked in my Wardrobe are either directly from reward chests or bought from tokens granted by reward chests. This is how it was (and hopefully still is) supposed to work, since not everyone who likes the skins is into dungeon running..

I can still access the vendor in LA and could buy Armor/Weapons or Gift/Offering of every dungeon in the game. 

• Sad 2

so i'll offer my two cents worth in 2 parts, since the change basically has two parts:

1) consolidating dungeon tokens into one kind instead separate tokens per dungeon.

~this actually makes sense. no problem.

2) requiring different unlocks for acquiring each item from the vendor.

~this makes no sense. there are account-wide achievements in game for completing all the dungeon paths. the unlocks should be based on those simple achievements, not this arbitrary randomness per character. if i completed the achievement for all dungeon paths for the dungeon, then all rewards should be unlocked. period. none of this "complete the story mode 5 times" nor "complete explorable mode 7 times" crap. 

this is the same complaint as season 1 way back in year 1 of the game: WHY ARE YOU TAKING STUFF AWAY FROM US THAT WE ALREADY HAD ACCESS TO? i already had everything unlocked at the vendor, i already did most of the achievements, and now, after years, you take away my unlocks?  kitten your instanced content. (and yes, i spelled out the word " k i t t e n ")

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Same for me, I have dungeon master completed, done every single path in every single dungeon, and it's showing all locked. I contacted support and was basically told it was not their problem. I am very unhappy with that response from them. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just chiming in as another old account user with Dungeon Master completed, unable to buy any dungeon armor on any of my characters.
Ran three paths of exploreable Caudecus Manor today hoping to atleast make progress towards buying the last piece I need but it's not registered that with the vendors as the 3 run items are still locked out. 😭

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Vannara.2675 said:

Same for me, I have dungeon master completed, done every single path in every single dungeon, and it's showing all locked. I contacted support and was basically told it was not their problem. I am very unhappy with that response from them. 

I contacted support as well at first and was told to go in game and do a bug report or go post on the forums. 🤔 Guild Wars support has been awful in my last few tickets. Not sure why I even tried to put this in as a ticket figuring they would not be helpful. Their support used to be good. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Well I completed several more runs of the AC explorable paths and everything is still locked. I submitted a ticket with no response yet. 

Has anyone who had items locked out after the patch been successfully able to unlock items by running the explorable paths? The unlocking also seems to be broken, not just the grandfathering. 

Edited by Majirah.5089
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

In-Game Mail
However, because the system has been unified, you may find yourself needing to re-explore these dungeons to access some of the goods these vendors possess.

• Some people (like me) who just ran each dungeon story once can still fully access the vendor.
  • Some people who did many, many dungeon runs in the past lost full or partial access to the vendor.
  • ANet knows that this may happen to certain people, but does not know why. They suggest a workaround which they think may work. but they are not sure either.
  • ANet releases the change anyway.

But, why would you send that in-game mail, if your actions clearly state that you don't care?

Note: I have two accounts which both only did the stories once (no explorable path at all) and still have full vendor access:

1. Main account is from GW2 release (headstart)
  2. Second account is a bit more than 6 1/2 years old
Edited by xlion.3065
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2022 at 3:13 AM, Aerulight.7250 said:

The patch notes said: 
"To purchase rare armor from a dungeon merchant, players are required to complete the dungeon story mode associated with the armor.

To purchase exotic armor, weapons, and legendary gifts from dungeon merchants, players are now required to complete the dungeon explorable mode associated with the item.

Note: Accounts that have already completed any story mode or explorable path before this change are exempt from this requirement."
(emphasis added by me)

And yet, on an account that is as old as the game is, which has repeated each dungeon story mode and explorable path on multiple characters dozens of times (even getting all dungeon collections to 60+% if not already 100% complete) over the last decade... I suddenly now have no access to the items I did have access to mere hours ago prior to the patch. All items are now greyed out and the vendor is treating me like a new account, requiring 7 repeats of each dungeon to gain access to their wares. This should not be.

Additional note to really reiterate my point:
Dungeon Frequenter
98 total paths counted
Achievement completed 12 times

Hobby Dungeon Explorer
848 total explorable paths counted
Achievement completed 169 times

Why is the vendor asking me to do these all over again???

Angrily, I ran hotw 9 times today ( 3 x 3  explorable) and nothing changed. All still locked. kitten Anet. What is the garbage???

YOU playing with a 2 year old making manangement decisions for fun or something atm?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

guys, just to add the data, i did explorable paths of citadel of flame 9 times today+yesterday, i got 0 unlocks, and i still need my gift of baelfire... its clearly a bug

and my alt has only ascalon paths finished long time ago - he can buy ANYTHING from any dungeon.

Edited by hyperboria.2136
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Ah, good question Majirah. I am beginning to suspect that is a third dimension to this bug and that we will not find anyone who has.

Our collective thanks to the several new additions to this thread from folks who have had the time and energy to test it out, and sympathies to them for finding out for us that it is not making a difference thus far. </3 

This could have been a pure joy change if not for this unnecessary stipulation, as Forgotten Legend already said very well. 

Thank you also to xlion who shared with us a copy of the in-game mail that went with this change (I had instinctively deleted it after reading it only once, not suspecting troubles ahead), and thanks as well for their points considering the logic of it compared to the wider context of things. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Same Problem. Beside 2 Dungeons had Story or Explorable Paths done and no Access to them.

The Restriction is not great to begin with. You get Tokens through Chest of Dungeoneering or Tyrian Exchange Vouchers. Non of these Sources forced me to run specific Dungeons and I was still able to buy the Skins I wanted

Edited by Atraz.6421
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1