Who ok'd the dungeon currency/item decision?

2 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

People were complaining that there are too many currencies in the game. I think it’s a good change, you can still run every dungeon path you want. 

I agree with this.

Not everyone is into the min/max meta of getting super efficient rewards doing content they don't enjoy. If those more difficult dungeons are more fun, then people will continue doing them even if rewards are slightly less per minute of gameplay.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Smart College Boy.3249 said:

I agree with this.

Not everyone is into the min/max meta of getting super efficient rewards doing content they don't enjoy. If those more difficult dungeons are more fun, then people will continue doing them even if rewards are slightly less per minute of gameplay.

Yeah that concept has done wonders for Dungoens for the past 10 years for sure, they are indeed the games most active content, GW2 would not be alive today if not for Dungoen runs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Yeah that concept has done wonders for Dungoens for the past 10 years for sure, they are indeed the games most active content, GW2 would not be alive today if not for Dungoen runs. 

So a change that potentially makes dungeons more rewarding is a good thing then, right?

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Dungeons are the games most active content? that’s nonsense. You rarely see groups for dungeons in LFG. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Sirius.4510 said:

Nobody was doing anything but AC and TA anyway, so this doesn't make the situation worse, it just shifts it from "people only play the dungeons that give the items they want" to "people only play the easy paths".

I wouldn't solve the problem by fiddling with dungeon currency, I would instead add/improve rewards for doing the full rotation of dungeons. Maybe something like strike weekly rewards.

You base that claim on what?  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, RoastedWalnuts.4618 said:

Just here to rant and point out how stupid of a change this is, you have effectively just removed 2/3 of the dungeons from the game and invalidated anyone's time who got the Dungeoneer title. 

I Agree 100% one of the most "turtle" decision ever made, they seems to compete for the "nonsense design of the year" kudos to them.... can't wait for the next one 😄
Some of the now locked items are needed  also for other collections, luckily i got my Dungeon Master time ago and used the item for now but all the people that will discover they need to do AGAIN everything to get those items, well guys i feel you, I'm so sorry... and I do not understand the logic, if i was able to claim yesterday why, why now i can't since I had all of them, everything, like well you got full glider mastery? we are sorry now you don't have infinite glide, and you must do all the mastery again, happy gaming!

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Sort of. You needed a gift that was tied to a specific dungeon currency. Now I’m guessing any gift can be bought by running any dungeon which simplifies things in an empty part of the game

You already could do this by just doing easy + combined paths for frequenter, and using the boxes from that for anything you werent regularly running. 

This change should likely incentivize people to run more paths, as if you need something like AC tokens for monk runes, instead of just running the 3 ac daily for a few days, you can run the 3ac, then other dungeons and those other dungeons still get you the runes you want. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Edit:  A patch fix today unlocked the vendors for me.  I had all paths complete on most dungeons and all story modes completed on all.  Turns out it was a bug.
  •  
  • "Note: Accounts that have already completed any story mode or explorable path before this change are exempt from this requirement."

Are they ignoring their own patch notes? 

Really, wtf is going on here. 

They had 10 years to improve dungeons and THIS is their solution?  Force people to do crappy content HUNDREDS OF TIMES to get back 8 vendors they had open for 10 years?!  And without any warning so we could spend our tokens?

They need to read their own patch notes and FIX THIS.
Edited by Zoria.1392
Patch fixed my problem
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

They seem to have messed up the unlocking on some accounts which definitely sucks for those affected, and I hope they fix it soon.
But the change in general imo is fine. There was no reason for me to run Arah before or Crucible unless I wanted a specific armor skin or the legy crafting component from that dungeon, now I can get those by running what I enjoy.

The incentive to not run the same thing over and over is still there with the DR after daily completion of a path, so in theory you can now get 2.4k token in a day playing all of the x-paths and still use all of them on the one dungeon set you actually want.

It is a bit strange to me though that some players are upset about having a lot of the "new" currency from reward tracks without being able to spend it now. Because if you have a lot, you apparently didn't need to spend it before either.

And at the same time others claim that people don't have incentives to play the "harder" dungeons anymore, while that very first group literally just got one.

There are way longer and more tedious grinds in GW2 than finishing 16 dungeon paths...

Edited by Solstice.5790
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I'll have to wait to see how it plays out a bit to have much of an opinion on the actual change itself. I think as things stand for the game at large it's probably for the better, but we'll see.

However, this is just another strange quirk in the team's ever-changing approach to transparency and communication. Lots of direct interaction on the forums, total radio silence and no changes for months, sudden changes with no explanations? Who knows, spin the wheel.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, kokocabana.8153 said:

I have no idea how active dungeons are overall. From my observations, the reason that you don't see many groups in LFG is that they fill up pretty quickly and disappear from the LFG list.

I hope you are joking. sometimes i solo the entire thing before the first person joins.

Dungeons are super dead and there should be just a single lfg tab for all of them. Its a great change for new players. that way they can do dungeons while leveling and buy the gear instead of having to farm each one 30 times to get enough tokens.

"people wont do the harder dungeon" is just a clown argument. there are no hard dungeons. dungeon bosses have 1/7th of the hp of fractal t4 bosses and most of them have no phases. they die instantly. sunqua cm has 22.8 times the hp of lupicus. thats how outdated they are.

dungeons are not endgame anymore. this change was most likely made to improve the new player leveling and gearing experience which is bad. currently its "buy on tp" which works great but is rather boring.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You could already get gear from dungeons you never actually ran through the repeatable 8-dungeon achievement.  All this has done is simplify the process, and the way you unlock access to be able to buy items from that dungeon actually requires you to run those paths now.  I fear this will invalidate some of the more difficult paths, but rewards could be balanced around their relative difficulty.  All in all, this change is fine.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

So yesterday before this latest patch I had 3972 Dungeon Tokens spread over several different Dungeons that I had gathered primarily through WvW reward Tracks so I could buy the associated Gifts needed to make Legendary Weapons. Today after this patch I have 3972 Dungeon Delving tokens that I cannot use unless I unlock the vendor by Anet forcing me to run 4/5 runs of each Dungeon I need for each Gift. This is an insane decision if this is what was intended. There is no enticement or carrot here that will make me want to play more Dungeons in  GW2 just so I can use the tokens I have already spent time collecting, I will just find something else to do with my time. If I had known this was coming I would have bought the gifts yesterday even if I did not end up using them all.  Anet you offer a range of ways to play this game PVE, PvP, WvW, Raids, Dungeons, Strike Missions, Living Story etc so that it caters to all of the different styles and ways people choose to play the game so please support that design decision and not try and railroad those choices, please review and enable players to do what they could do yesterday as well as ( not instead of) whatever else you were trying to achieve.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Yeah, this is a good change. I will actually do dungeons again.

You do understand what this update has done right? It has killed content, that was already dead. The game already had dedicated people who did them. Not new people who say "i'll do them again" but then never do. Its a multi edged sword, cause it devalues many things. There is no point to ever do harder/longer dungeon content ever again. 

And they never should have locked the vendor after forcing you to beat them multiple times. We've had access to them for 10 years, we've been able to get the currencies from vouchers/wvw/pvp. Now all that is moot because you have to do the dungeons anyway. Its just such a dumb decision. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I keep seeing this point "no reason to do X content again" in this discussion.

Sorry but if that's how you feel about specific content then all i'm getting from you is that you never cared about that content in the first place and you never enjoyed playing it.

You only cared about the rewards it offered which have not changed, so why complain?

If you really like/enjoy that content then you will continue to play that content for that reason alone.

If you only care about the rewards.. well Anet just made that easier for you so again.. why complain?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1