Why doesn't this game have..

Trailers like these ?

Why is is there so little advertisement about this game and when its done its no where near this quality. This is just an example,but i remember their last Cgi movie which reminded me of a mobile game trailer. Like ESO usually also has really well done trailers to draw people in,and it works.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

For some reason the previous people in charge didn't seem to believe in marketing for some reason and some of the previous marketing people had some ... unique tastes.

They didnt believe in marketing... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

ANet doesn't have Activision Blizzard and now Microsoft levels of money backing them. While both games are on PC, I would suspect that a significant portion of Destiny's playerbase is on the consoles and the looter shooter space is more competitive and mainstream than a PC only MMO.

Edited by kokocabana.8153
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Who cares ... rather play a game than watch some trailer that has no relevance to how the game works. 

Its about marketing,hence the thread. To bring in people that never played this game. Gw2 just doesnt have any proper trailers where people see it and think Wow I wanna play that!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Its about marketing,hence the thread. To bring in people that never played this game. Gw2 just doesnt have any proper trailers where people see it and think Wow I wanna play that!

Seems to me ... they didn't need them anyways. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, kokocabana.8153 said:

ANet doesn't have Activision Blizzard and now Microsoft levels of money backing them. While both games are on PC, I would suspect that a significant portion of Destiny's playerbase is on the consoles and the looter shooter space is more competitive and mainstream than a PC only MMO.

ESO has the same high quality trailers.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

ESO has the same high quality trailers.

And ESO is on the consoles unlike GW2. And now also with Microsoft money backing it. 😁

The console market is way larger than the PC market overall. And having actual MMOs on a console is not common and it is also tied to a very large IP.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, kokocabana.8153 said:

And ESO is on the consoles unlike GW2. And now also with Microsoft money backing it. 😁

Well yeah I mean some companys have more money as others obv but I just cant remember any proper trailer from gw2 where If i were a new player and saw it that it would make me wanna play the game without knowing what the game is even about.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Serephen.3420 said:

All those high quality trailers but still can't make a good game.

If you personally think its not a good game is kind of irrelevant to what im talking about.I think 99k current players might say otherwise besides your own preference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The trailers cost a ton of money and the devs can justify it because they are usually shown on TV commercials or presented at a gaming convention to reach the larger combined audiences on console and PC.

This is something that is never going to happen with GW2. ANet can't reach that same audience even if they made an expensive trailer. A more efficient use of marketing money would be to just sponsor a bunch of streamers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, kokocabana.8153 said:

The trailers cost a ton of money and the devs can justify it because they are usually shown on TV commercials or presented at a gaming convention to reach the larger combined audiences on console and PC.

This is something that is never going to happen with GW2. ANet can't reach that same audience even if they made an expensive trailer. A more efficient use of marketing money would be to just sponsor a bunch of streamers.

But those streamers will drop the game anyway after a time of getting payed. The trailers will be up forever and easier to see.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

No one expects streamers to stick to a single game forever, but it's usually enough influence to draw some people to try it out. And you're telling me that streamers aren't putting up their recordings to twitch or youtube?

If the trailers are so effective, are you currently playing Destiny 2 after watching all those trailers?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kokocabana.8153 said:

No one expects streamers to stick to a single game forever, but it's usually enough influence to draw some people to try it out. And you're telling me that streamers aren't putting up their recordings to twitch or youtube?

If the trailers are so effective, are you currently playing Destiny 2 after watching all those trailers?

Ive been playing Destiny 2 before those. It was also based on trailers i saw before the ones i posted. You cant tell me that trailers arent effective. Hence other companies put so much money in them.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The fact is that trailers are not as necessary as you think they are. I mean ... GW2 DOES have trailers so what is your ACTUAL point?

The fact is that those trailers bring in more new people as you think they do.

I dont even understand why you trying to go against me simply for asking why they dont make proper trailers lol.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

I dont even understand why you trying to go against me simply for asking why they dont make proper trailers lol.

Maybe ... but like I said, we have trailers ... so what is your ACTUAL point? I mean, how are the trailers Anet has made NOT proper?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Didnt do much !

10 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

It doesn't do much ... but they do ... I love when people contradict themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It doesn't do much ... but they do ... I love when people contradict themselves. 

Im not contradicting myself I was talking about Proper trailers like the ones I posted that bring in new people. The trailers from Gw2,Didnt do much. Its hard reading isnt it. I dont even understand why youre trying to fight me some random bs that doesnt make sense about me wanting gw to bring in more people,go do something useful man

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2