Add additional time for triple trouble and down scaling

Hello,

I am 6 months old player and I have never been able to beat Triple Trouble and collect the masteries. I tried multiple times but most of the times we are too few or 1 team fails to kill the a wurm due to wipeout or timeout. The biggest issues are timeouts and low participation.

I want the community and Developers to support adding 5 minutes more to the battle and scale down the difficulty or less spawn of eggs when the team don't have that much players.

Regards,

GEO

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

If you play at a better time (not during the middle of the night) - usually enough players should be online. Evening ... and on weekends the late afternoon - worked for me. At least in the EU and 2 years ago or so. There were guilds doing organized runs often I think.

A mandatory thing though: Being online about 15 minutes early and waiting near the waypoint. Then I usually ended up in a "good" map - not having to look in lfg to port to some other map of a different group. Looking in the lfg tool might help as well though. If you don't notice commanders on the map 15 minutes earlier look in lfg.

The wurms are not tooo hard. Most of the time people fail mechanics I think - not always it is explained again by the commanders. And then there might be newbies that do not know about it yet. The one where you get eaten by the harpoon and have to use the last shot at the wurm - after gottin spit out - ... I think that one is most prone to making mistakes. (People throwing the harpoon away or accidentally targeting something else wasting the last shot.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Hi, yes, I know, I tried that and no result. There is no Guild in Europe organizing this. not anymore.

Normally groups are small and made of new players like me, trying to do it for first time.

The problem are not the mechanics, but the lack of down scaling, we are overwhelmed by the eggs and monster spawns, we get not enough players.

It is very unsatisfying that that you can't control at all the outcome, you may prepare, instruct your team, kill the wurm and get nothing at the end.

It makes no sense to get no reward when you kill the wurm but the event fails, because another team failed.

It only promotes not attempting again, instead one should get 1 wurm reward, 1 mastery, and wish to try later now with more experience and hoping to the triple reward one day.

Edited by geogiam.5301
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, geogiam.5301 said:

There is no Guild in Europe organizing this. not anymore.

Piken Square Dragon Hunters (https://psdh.eu/) do a weekly early afternoon run on Sundays.

There is also a loose group of folks doing a daily run late afternoon or evening depending on the day of the week.

Just take a look at LFG about 30 minutes before the event starts and join the groups early to actually get into the map. Usually it takes three to four attempts on my alt-accounts to get all five mastery points. 

48 minutes ago, geogiam.5301 said:

The problem are not the mechanics, but the lack of down scaling, we are overwhelmed by the eggs and monster spawns, we get not enough players.

Not sure how you think this world boss could be downscaled better. The only thing that comes to mind is a reduction of the stacks of immunity which is fixed at 20 right now.

In theory you can already do the Crimson and Cobalt Heads with a lot less than 20 people each as long as you have people blocking egg spawns. The mobs in the three battle arenas already scale down. The only difficult part is the hard requirement for 20+ folks at the Amber Head.

From my experience it's usually a lack of reading the squad chat or following the commander's instructions why an organized attempt fails. Doing an impromptu attempt with a pickup group isn't really advised since the window for decapitating the heads and a successful kill is relatively short and requires quite a large amount of knowledge of the encounter and proper communication.

Edited by TheWaternymphHC.1847
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Triple Trouble is one o those few fights that is extremely mechanic-dependant, and thus won't be made easier just by adding some minutes to the timer. You'd have to add a massive amount of time, and significantly extend the time for sync killing on top of it to see any results.

Generally, if you can do all the head-specific mechanic and manage the adds well, you won;t have a problem with timer. If you can't do those well, extending the timer won't help much however.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

As an Aussie totally feel your pain, its not just this we (a handful of players) attempted Teq the other day and it ended in tears, yesterday i think about 20 players just barely succeeded in taking down Shatterer.. A heap died including me. luckily i had orbs..

These world bosses are becoming harder and harder off peak.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

I can only see them making a different reward structure maybe. But then again: Others are still done a lot ... cause of some rare drops needed for other stuff or because of collections. Maybe they could add some stuff to the chests. (Infusion or so.)

Don't think it should get easier with more downscaling. This is meant to be played by a bigger group and about 10-20 players at each site - at least.

Another recommendation would be this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Boss_Rush

Pretty short. And I guess they will make anothe one this year. If you have time during that one ... definitely you should try at the evening. More players than usual will take the opportunity and others still in need of the achievements might just wait for this.

(Only bad for people that can't play during the event - since it is pretty short.) Not yet announced for this year though, I think.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, geogiam.5301 said:

Hello,

I am 6 months old player and I have never been able to beat Triple Trouble and collect the masteries. I tried multiple times but most of the times we are too few or 1 team fails to kill the a wurm due to wipeout or timeout. The biggest issues are timeouts and low participation.

I want the community and Developers to support adding 5 minutes more to the battle and scale down the difficulty or less spawn of eggs when the team don't have that much players.

Regards,

GEO

I've been playing for many years and I still didn't get Cobalt or Amber.

I've been asking them the same thing for about 3 years now... and still no response, nevermind a change.

So yeah, I agree that this achievement should be considerably toned down in difficulty, and needs a longer timer... much longer timer.

We never gather enough people to do it.

I keep getting the same response over and over.

"There's a weekend train..." blah blah blah. 

BS.

There is nothing.

First of all... and for the thousand time.

1. I work weekends.

2. That train is not on the same server.

People don't want to do this, for the same reason almost NO One has the siege turtle.

It's too hard and too much hassle... and maps are deserted.

So, please... ANet, can you listen to your costumers and do something about it once and for all?

That would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I've been asking them the same thing for about 3 years now... and still no response, nevermind a change.

So yeah, I agree that this achievement should be considerably toned down in difficulty, and needs a longer timer... much longer timer.

BS.

There is nothing.

1. I work weekends.

People don't want to do this, for the same reason almost NO One has the siege turtle.

So, please... ANet, can you listen to your costumers and do something about it once and for all?

Thanks.

You do know therre are only 2 servers right?

1 for Eu and 1 Na so all you got to do is join the correct shard and you will have your kill.

The lfg tab is a thing use it.

Edit

The only place your home world matter at this moment is World vs World vs World.

Edit 2 

Typo

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

BS.

There is nothing.

1. I work weekends.

Thanks.

Same i still have never gotten those.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/8/2022 at 11:40 PM, Linken.6345 said:

You do know therre are only 2 servers right?

1 for Eu and 1 Na so all you got to do is join the correct shard and you will have your kill.

The lfg tab is a thing use it.

Edit

The only place your home world matter at this moment is World vs World vs World.

Edit 2 

Typo

Let me quote myself. 

"I work weekends"

I also work split shifts, which allow me very little time to play.

Hence, I never find anyone on the maps when I do play.

Even when I do have more time to play, and if we do get a group that's willing to do it.

It fails because there's not enough players, and some people don't even know what to do.

I don't get why is this so hard to understand. 

Are some people still in denial or something of that nature?

The OP @geogiam.5301 just explained the facts; that if one group fails, then all fail.

Do you have any idea how many times I've tried to do this achievement and always fail?

More than I can count.

I think some people just like arguing for the sake of arguing.

Either don't want to aknowledge the facts, or just blatantly deny them for some strange reason I can't figure out.

You know what would be great?

Since actions speak louder than words... would be someone to actually offer to bring their guild, and help people with the achievement. 

Not come in here and say something that doesn't exist, or only happens once every six months or so.

Even better would be ANet nerf something other than classes and ES for once, and nerf the darn worms.

I'm sick of them. I can't stand the buggers.

I just want the two remaining Mastery Points.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Let me quote myself. 

"I work weekends"

I also work split shifts, which allow me very little time to play.

Hence, I never find anyone on the maps when I do play.

Even when I do have more time to play, and if we do get a group that's willing to do it.

It fails because there's not enough players, and some people don't even know what to do.

I don't get why is this so hard to understand. 

Are some people still in denial or something of that nature?

The OP @geogiam.5301 just explained the facts; that if one group fails, then all fail.

Do you have any idea how many times I've tried to do this achievement and always fail?

More than I can count.

I think some people just like arguing for the sake of arguing.

Either don't want to aknowledge the facts, or just blatantly deny them for some strange reason I can't figure out.

You know what would be great?

Since actions speak louder than words... would be someone to actually offer to bring their guild, and help people with the achievement. 

Not come in here and say something that doesn't exist, or only happens once every six months or so.

Even better would be ANet nerf something other than classes and ES for once, and nerf the darn worms.

I'm sick of them. I can't stand the buggers.

Someone already linked the discord channel with organized TT runs, but here you are, going on a rant about people lying about these organized runs being a thing, when they really are a thing.

1 hour ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I just want the two remaining Mastery Points.

Do you mean two remaining mastery points you're missing to max out core masteries? If that's the case, you have more options to get them, not just the ones from TT.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Someone already linked the discord channel with organized TT runs, but here you are, going on a rant about people lying about these organized runs being a thing, when they really are a thing.

1. The link wasn't posted in a reply to me.

So I know of no such link.

2. Again, I'm at work 10-12 hours a day. I have to keep repeating that, because you seem to have missed the previous 3 times I have stated this.

3. I don't use discord. 

4. Read point 2. Again 

Do you mean two remaining mastery points you're missing to max out core masteries?

That's it. Exactly. 

If that's the case, you have more options to get them, not just the ones from TT.

The only other options remaining are

1. Dive master, which I can't do because... and actually started a topic on this... my atrocious recent lag I've been getting, and controls that stick.

2. The ascended armour collection, which is too costly to finish, (about 50-100 gold a piece), since I have other priorities ingame... it's always pushed aside.

3. The luminous armour set, I think? which I have no freaking idea where to even begin with... 

That's about it.

"Simpler" ones to get are TT... or you'd think.

It's proven to be an impossible task.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

1. The link wasn't posted in a reply to me.

So I know of no such link.

I never said it was in a response to your post -and it doesn't need to be "posted in reply to you". It's a short thread and had less than 10 posts before you first wrote anything here, so maybe justr read it before piling up complaints that are already answered.

2. Again, I'm at work 10-12 hours a day. I have to keep repeating that, because you seem to have missed the previous 3 times I have stated this.

And what is this responding to? You didn't even check the discord, so you don't know what times they're doing their runs at. But "just in case" you'd rather just claim you can't right away. That's kind of weird to me.

3. I don't use discord. 

I don't use discord either. But after clicking on the link it's easy to join in browser. You're free to make your choices, but if you refuse to do something as simple as that, then don't pretend it's some major obstacle and the task is impossible to compelte.  IIt's not even close to that and at this point it just looks like you're trying to create problems for yourself whenever presented with solutions. 

4. Read point 2. Again 

Again, it responds to nothing I said and -again- you didn't even check the group in the first place, so you don't know at what time they're making their runs.

1. Dive master, which I can't do because... and actually started a topic on this... my atrocious recent lag I've been getting, and controls that stick.

It's true, you did make a topic about this. Someone offered help, apparently went with a mesmer and when they started rezing you, you've just WPed away anyways.  If you don't want to be helped and give up because you fell down then I guess good luck with getting achievements, not sure there's anything else left to say here.

It's proven to be an impossible task.

As explained by multiple people already, that's really far from being an impossible task. Either way, you are free to make your pick.

Anyways, if you don't want to complete the content then don't. Good luck with this approach.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I should not have to be forced to join third party apps to enjoy the game.

You are not forced to do that (I never used it to join and successfully finish TT events), but then... have fun camping lfg. If you don't want to make it easier for yourself just on some weird "because no!" principle, then it's your choice, except then it's weird to complain about it when you push away any help you're getting. Good luck with your mastery points.

9 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

You also chose to ignore the fact that I work long hours.

I didn't ignore it though? In fact I directly responded to it in my previous post (and asked how it's relevant how long you work when you never checked when they're going for that event), you're the one avoiding what I said. You're free to do it, but don't try to claim it's what I did since it's false.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

7 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

See for themselves how many people play, at what time they play; and how many times it is successful. 

After gathering enough statistics, they can come to the conclusion that TT is in fact to hard to beat.

As a matter of fact, ANet have shown plenty of times that they are looking at those statistics themselves, and acting upon them if the result isn't up to their expectations, and nobody has better stats on participation and success than ANet does. Apparently they don't find TT too hard to beat, or they would've adjusted the encounters.

Personally I'm not into boss/meta events, and I only ever got one wurm head kill by stumbling upon an organized map by chance. I still have plenty of mastery points left over after finishing all the core Tyria masteries. Are you sure there aren't any other points left for you to pick up except the few that you mentioned? Fractals for example have several easy ones, some of which you can even solo on t1 if grouping up isn't your thing.

Anyway, I do see plenty of advertisements for organised wurm kills in game, not just in the lfg, but also advertised on other maps in the hour before the event starts, and I know from friends that those usually succeed easily (on EU). If you insist in getting the left-over points from the wurm, it is doable on EU, as long as you are willing to look for people that know what they're doing and aren't just yolo-ing along for the fun.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

As a matter of fact, ANet have shown plenty of times that they are looking at those statistics themselves, and acting upon them if the result isn't up to their expectations, and nobody has better stats on participation and success than ANet does. Apparently they don't find TT too hard to beat, or they would've adjusted the encounters.

To be fair. For example, Seprents Ire has very low participation rates. Yet nothing happens.

Something being unattractive doesn't necessarily mean ANet will change it. Sometimes the content isn't in a good state / isn't popular but they are fine with most players ignoring it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

To be fair. For example, Seprents Ire has very low participation rates. Yet nothing happens.

Something being unattractive doesn't necessarily mean ANet will change it. Sometimes the content isn't in a good state / isn't popular but they are fine with most players ignoring it. 

Well the heroes choice chest can be got from forged in fire instead that is much less of a hassle.

Only thing locked behind ci is 2 achievements.

• Sad 1

I used to command TT years ago with [DV] and then with gw2community.com (who have since disbanded, but people may remember me as the "Crazy Commander" who cracked jokes about the "Snotballs of Doom" aoe attack from the wurms). I'm aware of a run that gathers at 12:50 pm UK time every Sunday that does advertisements across several maps and in LFG ahead of and during the gather time. I don't have the time these days to sit down and organise a run myself, but if anyone's setting up a run when I'm online and available and they're short of people to handle the arena mobs (or fill in as an emergency commander), I still have an ele set up who can provide full block services (eggs and husks) at one of the 3 heads. I can also give extensive advice on the event itself/handling mechanics. (I killed it a LOT of times back in my commanding days lol) There's great place to stack people at the start of Crimson so everyone stood there gets all 3 colour buffs right at the start of the event for a fast first burn. I can also teach people how to do egg blocking only or how to full block for husks as well if they feel up to it.

These days due to power creep, first phase is usually done in 2 burns. Once to 10-15%, then the second one to decap so the wurms are synced. Second phase usually takes well less than a minute now (again, power creep). You mainly just need to follow the head while its underground, then when it surfaces immediately move to stand between it and the nearest solid structure so if it charges it gets stuck there to dps on instead of it haring off across the arena.

Generally for reliable results, you want 25-30 people at Amber to account for possible harpoon misfires. 20 at Cobalt (so you can get an insta-burn if all 20 kegs are placed, but if not there's still time for people to come back with a second keg. mesmers/thieves/sourges can also portal people back to the keg spot, just remember you can't portal with a keg back to the wurm as it will be deleted by the portal). Crimson is the most lenient and while ideally you want at least 20 there to run the colour buffs, it's doable with 15 or so. Also ideally you want an egg-blocker at each head, husks can be zerged down daft fast these days if they do spawn, but if the egg blocker can full block husks as well it just generally makes things easier.

Feel free to poke me ingame if you need advice on the event and/or want egg/egg+husk blocking tips 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On EU server TTT is done regularly with guidance on Teamspeak or Discord (not mandatory, it's explained in the ingame chat as well) incl. help for the achievements on the way.

I stumbled over such a raid just last week when fishing in that area.

I myself did TTT a year ago with the GW2 Community., They have a calendar with events they do. Also EoE meta I only did successfully with such an organized raid.

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 11:38 AM, Luthan.5236 said:

If you play at a better time (not during the middle of the night)

Then why on hell does the event spawn at "stupid-o-clock"? Obviously the devs intended players to be able to complete the even at those times, otherwise it just wouldn't spawn.

Unlike Silver Wastes event, once you'd completed it, it's meaningless to complete it again (for most players) this is extremely toxic design. It either needs reworking so it's more or less soloable, or the rewards need to be buffed to bring older players chomping at the bit to re-complete it. The once per day reward is also extremely problematic.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1