Add additional time for triple trouble and down scaling

30 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It happens 6 times per day, and can be spawned anytime with a Guild World Event.  Are you saying 'stupid-o-clock' happens six times per day?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triple_Trouble#Event_schedule

It mostly gets ignored.

TT is usually done when people in a guild organize and announce it specifically, hour or so ahead of time. There's dedicated TT guilds that do it on EU and US.

39 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It happens 6 times per day, and can be spawned anytime with a Guild World Event.  Are you saying 'stupid-o-clock' happens six times per day?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triple_Trouble#Event_schedule

You ignored my point entirely. Gold star for you.

If something spawns in the middle of the night, it means the devs assume it can be completed at that time. But in reality, there aren't enough players online at those times. The lack of scaling based on player count is abysmal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

You ignored my point entirely. Gold star for you.

If something spawns in the middle of the night, it means the devs assume it can be completed at that time. But in reality, there aren't enough players online at those times. The lack of scaling based on player count is abysmal. 

Events are just on a consistent schedule, at this point it would be weirder to suddenly not have an event spawn because it's night somewhere. Not only "lol, timezones btw", but also it's better for that option (event spawn) to be there and not be used due to lower pop than just somehow decide players shouldn't have a chance to attempt it no matter what. I don't exactly get how you think your take on this makes sense, devs don't somehow expect every event to succeed on its every spawn, not sure how you convinced yourself this is a thing.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

And yet, the server I'm on is dead at the middle of the night. Which just proves my point of why these sorts of events aren't scaled.

That doesn’t change their point. If there is an event or meta you want done off hours, have you tried to tag up? Usually that makes it possible to do them no matter the time of day. Many Asian players play on eu or na servers. 

triple trouble is more an exception of this rule as it takes more organized groups and is usually ran by guilds. It’s the only meta I can think of that may cause some issues to complete outside the guilds running them. But that doesn’t mean it’s a bad meta. 

If you think your nighttime is “stupid o’clock” why play these events at those hours? Having these events on a timer is really helpful as you know when to show up rather then wait at the event spot (possibly for hours) for it to start. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

That doesn’t change their point. If there is an event or meta you want done off hours, have you tried to tag up? Usually that makes it possible to do them no matter the time of day. Many Asian players play on eu or na servers. 

triple trouble is more an exception of this rule as it takes more organized groups and is usually ran by guilds. It’s the only meta I can think of that may cause some issues to complete outside the guilds running them. But that doesn’t mean it’s a bad meta. 

If you think your nighttime is “stupid o’clock” why play these events at those hours? Having these events on a timer is really helpful as you know when to show up rather then wait at the event spot (possibly for hours) for it to start. 

It doesn't change their point, but their point is arguing about something that makes no sense, that's my point. Additionally, if very few players are online, then how are people going to help when you "tag up", and why should they?

Why play at night you ask? Did it ever accrue to you that people have work schedules that don't conform to the typical 9-5? Some of us get to play early in the morning, or late at night, the two times people are not online.

And the problem isn't the timer. Why are you talking like I'm making that argument? That's awfully close to a strawman. I'm talking about why the devs think you can get the same amount of player activity in the middle of the night. And please don't tell me lots of people play at these hours, this is an argument that isn't based in reality.

Edited by Zombiesbum.3502
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Are you asking for the Devs to split the timing of World Bosses between NA and EU?  Because 'middle of the night' in one is morning/day/evening in the other.   The timers for all timed events are set to UTC, so that everyone, all over the world, has choices.  If during your workday, it's at 'stupid-o-clock', try attempting those events on your day off.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

It doesn't change their point, but their point is arguing about something that makes no sense, that's my point. Additionally, if very few players are online, then how are people going to help when you "tag up", and why should they?

Why play at night you ask? Did it ever accrue to you that people have work schedules that don't conform to the typical 9-5? Some of us get to play early in the morning, or late at night, the two times people are not online.

And the problem isn't the timer. Why are you talking like I'm making that argument? That's awfully close to a strawman. I'm talking about why the devs think you can get the same amount of player activity in the middle of the night. And please don't tell me lots of people play at these hours, this is an argument that isn't based in reality.

How does timezones not make sense? And as mentioned above I assume you don't work 7 days a week. Sure some people may be busy and don't have much time to play. But this game is as casual friendly as it can get. I'm not sure what you expect. Do you expect Anet to be able to make people play at your night time? Do you expect them to create night time events different then day time events? And how would that work with timezones? Making world bosses and meta events solable in an mmo is bad design. So what solution do you suggest?

I have played off hours (early mornings and nights) and tagged up for events and metas many times. I've rarely bumped into situations where I could not complete them. I am not claiming "lots of players play at these hours" but i do know it's possible to do most events these hours as I do so myself. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 7:45 AM, Freya.9075 said:

Do you expect Anet to be able to make people play at your night time?

Yes, that's exactly what I expect. I want Anet to force players to play at night and not instead adjust scaling based on player amount.

If you are going to reply to my post, you should probably read my arguments first. Else I'll do the same and ignore the rest of your argument.

Edited by Zombiesbum.3502
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

Yes, that's exactly what I expect. I want Anet to force players to play at night and not instead adjust scaling based on player amount.

If you are going to reply to my post, you should probably read my arguments first. Else I'll do the same and ignore the rest of your argument.

Big group events are supposed to be big group events, not something you can skip with 3 people.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

Ah yes. Unrealistic expectations and entitlement is quite common these days. That explains a lot 

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

Woosh.

You do realize wooshing means there is a joke involved? Please point me to it so I can laugh too. 🙂 I mean, I did laugh at the absurdness when it comes to unrealistic expectations, but these forums do tend to flow over with these expectations and entitlement at times. So sometimes it is indeed hard to see which ones are real or trolls. I got no troll tingling from the posts I responded to, so if you show me it I would be grateful. Laughing is always good!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/30/2022 at 3:26 AM, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

Then why on hell does the event spawn at "stupid-o-clock"? Obviously the devs intended players to be able to complete the even at those times, otherwise it just wouldn't spawn.

Unlike Silver Wastes event, once you'd completed it, it's meaningless to complete it again (for most players) this is extremely toxic design. It either needs reworking so it's more or less soloable, or the rewards need to be buffed to bring older players chomping at the bit to re-complete it. The once per day reward is also extremely problematic.

You want Triple Trouble to be soloable?  lol, no, just no.  We've already seen a lot of things dumbed down, stop trying to ask for the few remaining group events that require coordination to be removed.  GW2 is known for having great open world meta events so why would they remove this aspect of gameplay?  If you can't find a group, make one yourself or learn to command, or join a guild.  You need mastery points? The game has so many other ways to earn them.  I've never seen someone say that event timers are toxic lol. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

You do realize wooshing means there is a joke involved? Please point me to it so I can laugh too. 🙂 I mean, I did laugh at the absurdness when it comes to unrealistic expectations, but these forums do tend to flow over with these expectations and entitlement at times. So sometimes it is indeed hard to see which ones are real or trolls. I got no troll tingling from the posts I responded to, so if you show me it I would be grateful. Laughing is always good!

TS zombie was being sarcastic.

Edited by casualkenny.9817
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, casualkenny.9817 said:

TS zombie was being sarcastic.

And what does that have to do with my comment? 👀 What zombie was saying is clearly rooted in unrealistic expectations. Which was why I asked him what he expects. Since he chose to ignore my questions and go off in a different direction, I got my answer. With or without his sarcastic respond.

• Confused 1

I do agree that older content with low traffic should be candidates for downscaling of hard req of participants. Especially content that is essential to new players.

It has nothing to do with playtimes, difficult/easy content, blablabla.

It has everything to do with making content accessible to all customers. Accessibility being, same mechanics, lower qty of participants absolutely required such that the number of pugs interested in and zoning in at each time zone via lfg are sufficient (with a bit of challenge) to complete the event with a reasonable success rate.

What would be good is to create a pool of regular pug players for at least 3 timings with basic understanding of the mechanics. As an example, around 20%-40% of auric basin players know the mechanics to pull off the meta mechanics. As another example, there was a time when TD was considered a lost cause, but now enough ppl have sufficient familiarity and power creep to just zone  in and succeed most of the time.

It is when players associate content with " there won't be enough players there for a decent chance of success anyway and there's no consolation prize so why bother checking" that a content dies. Unnecessarily.

And if you dismiss pop-timezone issues as something trivial, yea whatever.

Edited by casualkenny.9817
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, casualkenny.9817 said:

I do agree that older content with low traffic should be candidates for downscaling of hard req of participants. Especially content that is essential to new players.

It has nothing to do with playtimes, difficult/easy content, blablabla.

But it does, because his complaint is exactly about the group content during lowest pop times, specifically the middle of the night.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1