Add additional time for triple trouble and down scaling

14 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

And what does that have to do with my comment? 👀 What zombie was saying is clearly rooted in unrealistic expectations. Which was why I asked him what he expects. Since he chose to ignore my questions and go off in a different direction, I got my answer. With or without his sarcastic respond.

First answer this. Do you believe zombie meant this as is:

"Yes, that's exactly what I expect. I want Anet to force players to play at night and not instead adjust scaling based on player amount"

Just now, casualkenny.9817 said:

First answer this. Do you believe zombie meant this as is:

"Yes, that's exactly what I expect. I want Anet to force players to play at night and not instead adjust scaling based on player amount"

No. My respond was in regards of his replies before this one. Maybe read the posts above. it may clear up some things for you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But it does, because his complaint is specifically about the group content during lowest pop times, specifically the middle of the night.

I am specifically referring to why specific content may need to have certain requirements lowered in a specific way to allow for reasonable pug success rates.

I am not saying what you think I am saying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, casualkenny.9817 said:

I am specifically referring to why specific content may need to have certain requirements lowered in a specific way to allow for reasonable pug success rates.

What pug success rate do you think that event has? Because his complaint is specifically about the event not being cleared every time it's up, based on this rather outlandish claim:

On 11/30/2022 at 9:26 AM, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

Then why on hell does the event spawn at "stupid-o-clock"? Obviously the devs intended players to be able to complete the even at those times, otherwise it just wouldn't spawn.

Meanwhile the event "spawns at stupid-o-clock" (whatever he thinks it is) beacuse it gives the group of players to clear the event if they're around at the time. It has nothing to do with what he says it is, which is some weird notion of "if it spawns on a timer 24/7, the devs want it to be cleared 24/7". It doesn't mean group events are suddenly supposed to be turned into basically solo events because he wants them to. That's simply unreasonable.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What pug success rate do you think that event has? Because his complaint is specifically about the event not being cleared every time it's up, based on this rather outlandish claim:

Meanwhile the event "spawns at stupid-o-clock" (whatever he thinks it is) beacuse it gives the group of players to clear the event if they're around at the time. It has nothing to do with what he says it is, which is some weird notion of "if it spawns on a timer 24/7, the devs want it to be cleared 24/7". It doesn't mean group events are suddenly supposed to be turned into basically solo events because he wants them to. That's simply unreasonable.

Meanwhile in lala land, someone thinks this content is clearable at 4 in the morning. In reality that's not the case.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I bet somewhere it's almost always cleared at 4am/04:00.  Try not to be so time zone-centric.  :classic_laugh:

Be aware: when you choose to designate a time, such as 4am, the Devs have no idea of what time you mean; there are many different time zones.

Not sure why you would expect them to alter the schedule; if you find few players interested in your 4am, then choose another time to try that particular event.  As before, weekends or whatever day you have off work will offer other opportunities. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

Meanwhile in lala land, someone thinks this content is clearable at 4 in the morning. In reality that's not the case.

Not sure what you're responding to, but it doesn't seem to be anything I wrote.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

No. My respond was in regards of his replies before this one. Maybe read the posts above. it may clear up some things for you. 

Next, could you specify which part of zombie's prior posts you are referring to when saying "Unrealistic expectations and entitlement is quite common these day"

I am assuming you were not referring to what you quoted when you  posted that, because you have just said "no". 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, casualkenny.9817 said:

Next, could you specify which part of zombie's prior posts you are referring to when saying "Unrealistic expectations and entitlement is quite common these day"

I am assuming you were not referring to what you quoted when you  posted that, because you have just said "no". 

If you read what he wants in his posts, you’ll see what unrealistic expectations he got. He expects anet to not spawn events at his “stupid o’clock”  whatever that is, or change them significantly to cater to his gameplay schedule which is the middle of the night so he can more or less solo it. His own words. How is that not unrealistic expectations and entitlement? Specially when it comes to this event.

he was asked to clarify what he meant or want, but chose to ignore it. Meaning he got no other solution then ranting about not enough players  expecting anet to make events soloable for him. Thus expecting special treatment because he’s playing at nighttime. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

And in that same lala land someone thinks Anet will change the content so they can finish a meta event people prepare for like an hour in advance just because they only play at night and somehow weekends don't exist.

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2022 at 3:03 AM, geogiam.5301 said:

Hello,

I am 6 months old player and I have never been able to beat Triple Trouble and collect the masteries. I tried multiple times but most of the times we are too few or 1 team fails to kill the a wurm due to wipeout or timeout. The biggest issues are timeouts and low participation.

I want the community and Developers to support adding 5 minutes more to the battle and scale down the difficulty or less spawn of eggs when the team don't have that much players.

Regards,

GEO

Sorry bro, it is VERY old content and most people don't really do it consistently. There is like maybe one time during the day that people try to coordinate and has a good chance of success. I haven't done it in... like a couple of years.

22 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

Sorry bro, it is VERY old content and most people don't really do it consistently. There is like maybe one time during the day that people try to coordinate and has a good chance of success. I haven't done it in... like a couple of years.

People really Like to spread Missinformation on this Forum just to write comments ..

It's still done multiply Times a day. Sure it is Not done when people sleep because ... Well, surprise people need to sleep and people working shifts where they can Play only late night is quite rare. At least in EU Servers. So No, this Event does Not need a Change because a small Portion of the Game has to Work on unnormal hours. 

I Just did all the achievements over the Last two years and everytime i thought about it i could find groups online or even in lfg when i Just was on the map. In this Threads are so many Tipps where you can Look for groups, but as Always people seem to get blind when they get actual working Tipps...

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party here.

I understand your frustration with TT. From what I've seen, unorganized runs of TT often have a lot of trouble, no pun intended.

Without three commanders that really know the mechanics well and can communicate well, AND all have enough people following directions, it's a very easy event to mess up, and sometimes doesn't go perfectly even when people don't know what they're doing. The runs that I've been on and failed have generally been because people thought they knew what they were doing but didn't, and the groups weren't well coordinated. It's always harder when some people have limited experience and no comm tags as well. I was on here checking to see if someone had posted a general TT guide for people recently, as I figured that it might be worthwhile having a post directly on the forum in the future that people could refer to easily for basic instructions, when I stumbled on your post.

There are definitely far fewer people running regular TTs on NA and EU servers, but there are still regular runs, so you can check when they're doing runs and pick a time that works for you.

I most often do the EU runs. These are once a day (sometimes twice) and start grouping up around an hour before the event starts to give time for explanations which I think helps a lot. The EU ones currently start grouping at 0515 pm or 0815 pm CET (sorry my semicolon key has apparently broken). Times are announced in advance via the Discord (https://discord.com/invite/6YG5CC6). You don't actually need to be on Discord for the event itself, as there is generally at least one squad that commands via text. If you're unsure of the time that day, and have zero access to Discord, you can likely shout in Lion's arch and someone may be able to look it up for you quickly. If you catch an organized TT run, you can likely also just ask a comm after the event when the next run is and they can likely tell you.

The run for 9 Jan. 2023 is over for the day. The next run is supposed to be 10 Jan. 2023 and will start grouping at 0815pm CET.

The event itself doesn't actually start until a little after 9, but these are big groups and the map tends to fill quickly, especially on weekends and when dailies are on the same map, so I would plan to get there at 0815, jump in a squad, and then run around for a bit until instructions start.

In terms of mastery--Some points for the mastery can be done without a full TT success run and just require the pre-events or killing individual heads. These can often be completed by unorganized groups if they coordinate on the spot. It's possible for smaller groups of people to split up and complete the pre-events and then regroup to just kill one or two heads, or just focus on a single pre-event for a very small group of people.

I'm not sure what times the NA groups run, but I've heard that they are often all text-based commands that don't use Discord, if that's more your thing. Best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi,

It seems that there may be some confusion over when organized TT runs are happening, so I figured it would be worth posting here.

TT Triple Trouble is a World Boss event that runs every few hours. Timer can be found here-- http://guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/events.php?serverKey=119&langKey=1

It's one of the events that requires more coordination, so unorganized groups are more likely to have difficulties with it. Trouble, if you will.

If you'd like to join an organized run, organized runs are announced on this Discord on the organization channel-- https://discord.com/invite/6YG5CC6

Please keep in mind that these organized runs start grouping on the Bloodtide Coast map about an hour before the event starts, to allow time for organization and instructions. There are usually both silent text command squads and Discord voice squads available. Due to the number of people that show up, the map tends to fill up quickly, so if you show up at event time and the map is empty, you're likely stuck on an overflow map. Plan to arrive at the Discord event grouping time, not the event start time to have a good chance of getting into an organized group.

If you're new to TT, you may want to check out a few videos or the TT Wiki to look at some of the mechanics-- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triple_Trouble

The next run is scheduled for 10 Jan 2023 and will start grouping 0815 PM Central EU Time (CET).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1