Character, armor and weapons preview disappear when using non-native resolution [Merged]

I have this error even WITH native resolution. Did not have it before patch. It started immediately after yesterday's "fix" for it.

Turning off DPI scaling resolves as soon as the box is unchecked. But my native res is 4k so the UI is too tiny to be useful to me.

Hope this info helps. Good luck on final resolution!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greyforce.7956 said:

Running 4k resolution in windowed fullscreen. Having the "No armor preview" issue since last patch.

Only change that restores the previewing is turning off DPI scaling. 

Exactly that! Except, it doesn't matter what resolution I'm using. Turning on DPI scaling exhibits the issue. Turning off DPI scaling fixes it, but leaves the UI so small that I cannot comfortably read anything...

Edited by AroglDarthu.2396
typo

I'm having this issue too after September 13 patch, playing on windowed fullscreen with dx11 on a 2560x1440 monitor.

I've turned DPI scaling off like some people here have suggested. It makes the UI too small, but I've found a work around for this: there's an option to change manually the size of the UI; mine was on normal, so I've switched it to larger and now it looks like it did before. It might not be enough for screens with bigger resolution, but it's worth a try while it gets fixed

Edited by CookieDough.4973

I fixed this by turning off "DPI scaling" under the graphics settings.

Of course I have a 4k monitor and this made the ui very, very small

Just above DPI scaling is "interface size" which i put to the largest setting. 

While the ui is still a bit small for me it's livable and at least i have my preview back in my hero screen.

My in-game resolution is the same as my monitor resolution: 3830 x 2160.

I also moved the monitor a bit closer cause i'm old. lol

Edited by Hopestealer.2640

I have the same issue. Messed with the settings as suggested in this thread and found that I can keep the DPI and Windowed Fullscreen without change. I just have to drop down to DX9 and restart the game. Everything works fine. My graphics aren't as great as they would be with DX11, but I can preview my toon while maintaining the other settings without issue. 

Hope this helps someone else as a workaround until they eventually fix it.

• Thanks 1

here's  some info in regards to this case, so.

im running 2060 rtx on a 4k uhd 44 inch and i recieved same issue as other tho what i think is important to add to this case is that i do NOT have to turn  OFF dpi scaling for preview to work, so instead if i preview and   look at  my char yeah its not previewing as it is supposed to, tho with that said, i figured that if i drag  the preview window to the  TOP LEFT of my screen there will be a little cut out area in the preview in which i can partially see the  Preview ( almost as if dpi scaling on now bugged it up to appear in a way smaller window / scale than it is originally supposed to, which again means its not completly broken with DPI Scaling on, its just recalculating the window size of DPI scaling in a very odd wrong / bugged way.

not sure if this is the same for others, as i am only myself i cant tell but im almost certain it is the same for others .

On 6/28/2022 at 10:25 AM, Khalni.3864 said:

Still the same problem since last patch, character previrew is limited to a small rectangle on top left of the screen when playing in non native resolution, as shown in this image:

https://ibb.co/gFS5zyW

THis is happening since last patch, and disabling DX11 doesn't solve the issue.

Same keeps happening to me. Anything I want to preview is cut so I can never see the full picture. Haven't made any changes to my graphic settings so must be the patch.

Here is the picture.

On 9/13/2022 at 3:24 PM, Requiem.9648 said:

i can confirm remove DPI scalling option will put back your model. So DPI scalling is the troublemaker.

Worked for me, but now my interface is tiny. Hopefully they fix this soon rather than make us wait another month.

FOR THE RECORD: This is happening to me while playing in my native resolution.

Edited by Ezekiel.1985