Character, armor and weapons preview disappear when using non-native resolution [Merged]

I wrote about this in another thread a couple of weeks ago. Nothing is fixed yet. It's getting a bit old to have to turn on and off DPI scailing to see either the avatar in the hero panel or preview in BL Trading. C'mon Anet, lets get this fixed. There are 2 threads talking about this. Doesn't look good if there  isn't a response.

• Like 2

Hi all, I'm suddenly experiencing an issue where my character model won't load in the Hero Panel, or the Black Lion panel. Disabling DPI scaling fixes the issue, but this isn't an option for me as I'm playing on a 4k monitor so the UI becomes unreadable without DPI scaling. Any ideas for a fix would be greatly appreciated, I've attached links to screenshots of the issue as well. Thanks in advance!

https://imgur.com/a/6Oe7ruS

https://imgur.com/a/5pEyefP

https://imgur.com/a/nv4k5R9

• Like 1

I'm experiencing the same issue! I was unsure what it was about, so your post really helped me out. At least now when I'm looking at reskinning or black lion items I can actually use a work-around.

I found with DPI scaling, the top left corner also allowed a little snipped to be visible in preview windows as well.

I have been having the same problem since the last update, which is frustrating anytime I wanna preview something.
I unchecked the DPI Scaling (which made everything tiny lol....but I then changed the interface size to larger. 
It's not as good as it was before, but it's okay for now....until they fix the problem.
I hope that helps❤️

Adding my name to this list, after the most recent living world update, I can not see any of my characters from the knees down on any weapon/armor previews, gem store previews and the Hero Panel. I have two accounts, both have the same issue. I have a 144 hertz, 4K monitor. If I uncheck the dpi scaling option it fixes itself, but due to playing on a smaller screen and having not the best eye site, this is not acceptable long term.

Edited by rocker barbie.5237

Greetings!

I am having exactly the same issue.

About 4 months ago, when I first started playing; I noticed that I couldn't preview armor, dyes etc. in the ''hero screen''. I also noticed that I could not preview items in the game's paid marketplace (whatchamacallit). I am using a 4k monitor as many others.

So; I could solve this issue by matching the in-game resolution with my monitor's native and current resolution (a.k.a both* set to native 3840x2160 (default res). This solved the issue.

Until today. After some weeks of haitus (because of sickness and because of work) I came back to check the game out. Suddenly, I noticed that the old ''bug'' was back. I couldn't preview my armor etc. The store is effected in the same way.

I quickly proceeded to check if the game's resolution or my desktop resolution was changed becuase of an update. But the answer is a sound ''No''. The game's resolution and desktop resolution of windows and monitor match perfectly.

I tried several things such as; ''fullscreen, windows, lower resolution, lower resolution with lower desktop resolution etc.'' and nothing worked. So apperantly, a patch broke something, IMHO.

In the end; I found two solutions, err. workarounds. But both of em kinda suck in my case.

Solution 1: Switch to Dx9, restart the game.

Sure, now the preview windows work. But the game is NOT ONLY running at noticably lower frame-rates, but there is also an input-lag. The various windows (character screen, inventory etc.) take a long time to open. And there is a wierd input lag from mouse/keyboard to gameplay.

Disable Dx9, restart. Problem solved. But now we are back to square one (preview sceens not working, character invisible unless you move the window to top left of screen, even then character partially invisible).

So, solution 2: Disable DPI-scaling.

Perfect! The game runs well and I can use the armor etc. preview windows without a problem. But now the interface is too small. My interface size was already set to ''Largest'' (the highest setting) but the interface is nevertheless too small. This is especially true becuase I am visually (& officially) partially impaired after a failed eye surgery.

So, short story? I am having the same issues and same experiences (and same ideas of ''fixes) with the game as all the other posters above! Devs please fix this issue if you are reading the forums at all! (Perhaps I should send a bug report as well).

Cheers!

Edited by 236F32FF-5286-4071-857A-D1CC55F30F3F
  • Sad 1