Some new minor info on Alliances from Grouch'es reddit comment

To clarify, World Restructuring hasn't been actively developed since its original announcement in 2018. Previous studio leadership deprioritized the project shortly after it was announced. We put a team back on it last year. The idea has existed for 4+ years, but meaningful progress has mostly happened over the last year.

Lul. While I'm not surprised in the least of bits, I appreciate his candor nonetheless. If memory serves correct, Raymond Luke would always evade answering any details about alliances on the WvW stream after the first announcement on the forums, so I got the drift that it was being pushed under the table and he had to stay hush about it. Between Grouch and Roy now being on the team, I sure hope WvW gets the love it deserves, but honestly at this point my expectations are near zero. Grouch seems like a truly good person and I do think he is very forthright and genuine with what he says, but he is just one guy at ANet, so we'll see. If alliances never come, the only thing I'll really mourn is never being able to play on Moogooloo. This upcoming balance patch is really my last bit of hope and motivation to keep playing the game(mode).

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Presumably the initiative to fix the missing cornerstone on DBL in on a parallel eqvivalent to the last row of Excel.

How do you know they don't keep their priorities in an excel table? It might literally be the last row.

• Haha 1

To clarify, World Restructuring hasn't been actively developed since its original announcement in 2018. Previous studio leadership deprioritized the project shortly after it was announced. We put a team back on it last year. The idea has existed for 4+ years, but meaningful progress has mostly happened over the last year.

I welcome his open communication, but Josh Davies is just confirming the obvious that no work has been done on it since it was announced in 2018 until last year.

I believe him that he wants to move the project forward now, but he's only one person and the studio has a tradition of quietly shelving projects.

On 6/9/2022 at 9:04 AM, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Grouch seems like a truly good person and I do think he is very forthright and genuine with what he says, but he is just one guy at ANet, so we'll see.

Well, in the non-literal sense a bit more than just one guy at ANet, now that he's been promoted to game director. And while, according to the blog post, he is responsible for the "what" and "why" of stuff getting development time, the responsibility for the "when" lies with his co-director 😉.