Why am I matched with people on my Blocklist?

Satori.1978

Hi,

We all have had bad experiences with griefers, afkers, or just really aggressively mean people. That's what the blocklist is for. So you don't have to deal with that person anymore.

Except when you get placed in a match against you and you constantly have to see "[this person you explicitly don't want to hear about] is on a rampage!"

Or even better, when you have to have them on your team and see them purposefully not engage with you so you get killed and generally throw the match.

I've seen old forum threads on this topic where a lot of people flame the OP to "grow a pair" and that it would result in longer queue times. Even if it did, fine. Make it make MY queue times longer, because I don't want to deal with that person. I would rather wait a few more minutes than to constantly have to play pvp with the same aggressive griefer over and over again.

Simply put, the block function should work like a block function. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

While I would love to not see The Nose and similar basement dwelling types it's not real feasible for ranked. Here's why: Oh man that enemy team was stacked. Time to fix that. *Block* *Block* *Block*.

Still though I'm with you. Wish it made an attempt to lower the chances of seeing those people blocked. 

Edited by Tycura.1982
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This bothers me too. If there is person really bad, toxic, afk, abusing other players in pvp team. All of you playing pvp know these stubborn snowflakes. Afking in spawn area spam chat how others are so bad.  Ironically but not surprisingly these are the ones who are bad and ruin game for others. Ofcourse you dont want to team with such player ever again. Almost all people in my block list are people from spvp for extremely toxic behavior or abusing whispers even from opposite team for winning. In pve you can block + add note to prevent invite in future.

BTW try this in private/guild group ... these ppl would be kicked immidiatlly. But in pvp ? no punishment at all.. they may end up in you next game and ruin another game.

But i can see problem. People would abuse such feature for match manipulation. Ideal would be allow players pick 5 teammates and sign up as team. But there is another problem you cant let 5 man premade go against 5 randoms.

Only thing you can do right now is look at block list and wait until that players enters game and then sign up for next pvp.. Or sign up with same class as person you want to avoid. Game usually puts same class on opposite team. Than you can swap character before game starts. Though this do not always work.

Edited by Luna.6203
  • Haha 1

blocking could be abused to matchmanipulate.

Imagine one of the top#5 players just blocks every single individual on the leaderboard... from place 1 to 250... If blocking would prevent you meeting those people ingame... he will be matched with low gold and silvers permanently... this would be THE WAY to cheat yourself into legendary division.

• Like 2