This just in: Vindicator still unkillable

Ovark.2514

6 hours ago, freyKEROLAIN.8640 said:

Maybe annet should nerf harbinger or willbender? I don't see any problems with any rev build. They are very weak against condi, and many classes have so good condi build vs vindi

I barely see Vindis playing around in ranked, maybe beacuse Harbs are very popular and they spam weakness like crazy, which hardcounters Vindi (much less damage, good bye endurance...). If Vindi is so strong (I disagree), weeding out the Harbs will only make Vindis stronger. 

Couldn't care less about balance changes, though: I no longer play meta builds nor pretend that the game has a brilliant future or will have a second youth when the Steam client arrives. They can nuke Vindi out of orbitif they want, I wouldn't touch it with a pole.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/16/2022 at 7:27 PM, Buran.3796 said:

I barely see Vindis playing around in ranked, maybe beacuse Harbs are very popular and they spam weakness like crazy, which hardcounters Vindi (much less damage, good bye endurance...). If Vindi is so strong (I disagree), weeding out the Harbs will only make Vindis stronger. 

Couldn't care less about balance changes, though: I no longer play meta builds nor pretend that the game has a brilliant future or will have a second youth when the Steam client arrives. They can nuke Vindi out of orbitif they want, I wouldn't touch it with a pole.

the higher you climb the more vindicator you see, and whenever you see one, it's mostly played by a good player, because vindicator actually takes a decent skill level to function

the skill level required to play vindic>>wb>harb.

but of course doesn't justify how way too effective it is when played properly

• Like 1

7 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

the higher you climb the more vindicator you see, and whenever you see one, it's mostly played by a good player, because vindicator actually takes a decent skill level to function

the skill level required to play vindic>>wb>harb.

That's fantastic! It means that is actually very close to being unusable for almost everyone, so with a few furhter nerfs becames entirely  ditched. Now the question is: will ANet nerf the new weapon, traitline or legend or instead hammer the core skills and traitlines, hammering the legacy specs inthe proccess? Can't wait to see if the nerfs of a spec which I don't play do affect builds which I do.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

That's fantastic! It means that is actually very close to being unusable for almost everyone, so with a few furhter nerfs becames entirely  ditched. Now the question is: will ANet nerf the new weapon, traitline or legend or instead hammer the core skills and traitlines, hammering the legacy specs inthe proccess? Can't wait to see if the nerfs of a spec which I don't play do affect builds which I do.

untrue. it is not unusable, it just takes longer for average player to take a grasp and understand and play.

nade holo had a higher then average skill floor, yet it became meta long enough you actually started seeing it getting populated in ranked tho obviously being way slower compared to necro.

also rev always has a higher skill floor compared to some other classes, you can see simply by reading rev forum.

when you have top 25 pvp revs telling others how good rev actually is and get 20 confused,

yet it's not stopping these people from playing it.

also rev has low skill floor spec like malyx, if you want to play the op ones you gotta be at least good man and if it is ditched before you can comprehend it, it is your own fault.

or else it's just gonna be another necro, you like playing as necro and having 5 other people playing the same spec as you every match? and players being less skilled then you and be as effective as you? yea, stop making excuses for yourself for being bad, because there's worse players and they will use the same excuse.

at least rev the class is meta all the time, stop making excuses for your own incompetence.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

also rev always has a higher skill floor compared to some other classes, you can see simply by reading rev forum.

at least rev the class is meta all the time, stop making excuses for your own incompetence.

Rev is a bit more complicated than Warrior, Ranger, Necro and maybe Guardian, the most straigth forward classes in  each respective armor division, but in no way are harder to naster than Eles, Engineers Thieves or even Mesmers. So they stay pretty much in the middle.

Saw May's MAT in MT channel; there were 3 Vindis, one had success, the other two were farmed, so I assume the reason they were picked up was due those players weren't confident about running Guardians or Necros. Metabattle also seems to struggle to figure out if Vindi is meta or not because rhe build is changing from week to week.

As I said, is a crap spec and I don't care the nerfs; I don't play it, neither Harb or WB. But calling it "unkillable" is hilarius.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1