Dailies

Come to think about it I never do event completer anymore. I liked it better when it was region completer rather than zone because you get what OP describes.

Of course when I do get it, it's something like Dragon's End compete which just happens with playing the map.

Core Tyria suffers in general from rewards being tied to how fast you can tag everything.  Think the best solution would just be to spawn more mobs if there's more players around.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

I still have no idea what you are talking about, maybe how you worded it?

Look you're claiming you want to do dailies fast. That means you need to pick 3 dailies out of 12 dalies.

I can't remember a whole lot of days where I can't find 3 dailies that are faster than doing four events. If people are interested in speed, they virtually never choose the event one, because it takes longer. If they aren't interested in speed, they may take the event one, that's true, but then there's no real excuse to rush it, because getting four events is usually slower than other dailies over all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Look you're claiming you want to do dailies fast. That means you need to pick 3 dailies out of 12 dalies.

I can't remember a whole lot of days where I can't find 3 dailies that are faster than doing four events. If people are interested in speed, they virtually never choose the event one, because it takes longer. If they aren't interested in speed, they may take the event one, that's true, but then there's no real excuse to rush it, because getting four events is usually slower than other dailies over all.

I do them as fast as physically possible.. one bounty i do it, 4 events i do it, 1 vista etc asap.. then its back to story missions or Rata Sum..

Trust me 4 map events is faster than me doing pvp wvw or jumping puzzles.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

I do them as fast as physically possible.. one bounty i do it, 4 events i do it, 1 vista etc asap.. then its back to story missions or Rata Sum..

Virtually every jumping puzzle has mesmers porting. I often get them done in 1 minute or less.  I often get the big spender done in the guild hall, with badges of honor I get from achievements. If not you could do the same thing in the Obsidian Sanctum with zero danger whatsoever. It's perfectly safe, free to get to and you're spending currency you probably won't be using anyway.

There are PvP daily rooms set up just to do dailies cooperatively. Today was player kills, I got it done in 3 minutes.  The whole daily today only took me 5 minutes for all three of them,. without doing a single event.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Virtually every jumping puzzle has mesmers porting. I often get them done in 1 minute or less.  I often get the big spender done in the guild hall, with badges of honor I get from achievements. If not you could do the same thing in the Obsidian Sanctum with zero danger whatsoever. It's perfectly safe, free to get to and you're spending currency you probably won't be using anyway.

There are PvP daily rooms set up just to do dailies cooperatively. Today was player kills, I got it done in 3 minutes.  The whole daily today only took me 5 minutes for all three of them,. without doing a single event.

No they don't i haven't seen a mesmer port at my timezone in months. Most daily maps are still pretty quiet even though i can get most dailies completed outside of Silverwastes, which is always dead in my time zone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

I mean at that point it comes down to why you're doing dailies. If you don't want to do wvw/pvp whatsoever, then yes it kinda does suck but big spender is free.

The real question to ask is why you're doing these dailies. If it's just for the 2 gold, then going to Teq and then leyline anomaly would be a better use of your time.  For the AP, you don't have to really do them every day as it gets capped eventually.

Also some jumping puzzles can be cheesed with springer or skyscale.

Anyhow, sorry. It doesn't seem like people understand your issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

No they don't i haven't seen a mesmer port at my timezone in months. Most daily maps are still pretty quiet even though i can get most dailies completed outside of Silverwastes, which is always dead in my time zone.

I'd love to know what timezone that is, because, at least on US maps, I've been around at all hours and I always see portals.

Edit: Not to mention how many of them can be completely cheated with mounts.

Edited by Vayne.8563

Hey, if there’s no mesmers around and the puzzle can be cheesed on a mount, do so on a mesmer and you can make far more than the daily 2g from tips people send unsolicited. Provided you’re cool with accepting the tips.

Also, it’s amazing how much easier JPs get with something like TacO and a position rewinder. Worth trying if you haven’t, to see if it’d be enough.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Also, it’s amazing how much easier JPs get with something like TacO and a position rewinder. Worth trying if you haven’t, to see if it’d be enough.

True. I used TacO for chalice once (also did it on a mesmer to save myself from screwups) and it made such a difference on that one cause the direction to go next is so unintuitive and just a really screwy jump sometimes. So major help having that confidence of "here's where you go next." Took me a while on the later parts on account of waiting for portal cds for safety, but I got it eventually.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I'd love to know what timezone that is, because, at least on US maps, I've been around at all hours and I always see portals.

Edit: Not to mention how many of them can be completely cheated with mounts.

From about 3:00pm to 6:30pm QLD AEST. i'm on Sea of Sorrows Server. its dead as at that time everywhere.

3 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I mean at that point it comes down to why you're doing dailies. If you don't want to do wvw/pvp whatsoever, then yes it kinda does suck but big spender is free.

The real question to ask is why you're doing these dailies. If it's just for the 2 gold, then going to Teq and then leyline anomaly would be a better use of your time.  For the AP, you don't have to really do them every day as it gets capped eventually.

Also some jumping puzzles can be cheesed with springer or skyscale.

Anyhow, sorry. It doesn't seem like people understand your issue.

Tried Teq no one was there and yes its for the 2g.

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Hey, if there’s no mesmers around and the puzzle can be cheesed on a mount, do so on a mesmer and you can make far more than the daily 2g from tips people send unsolicited. Provided you’re cool with accepting the tips.

You still need to complete the jp to mesmer port people there.. I cannot complete many of them the Aetherblade jp took me 4 hours and i still never finished it.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

From about 3:00pm to 6:30pm QLD AEST. i'm on Sea of Sorrows Server. its dead as at that time everywhere.

You still need to complete the jp to mesmer port people there.. I cannot complete many of them the Aetherblade jp took me 4 hours and i still never finished it.

Not so secret, the aetherblade one, is the worst one in the game, IMO. The two volcano JPs get a lot of complaint, but I’d much rather do them than NSS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

The aetherblade JP has NEVER BEEN A DAILY.  Most of the daily JPs are super easy comparatively and many, I repeat, can be cheated with a mount.  You never have to do hard JPs as dailies. This is a strawman argument.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

The aetherblade JP has NEVER BEEN A DAILY.  Most of the daily JPs are super easy comparatively and many, I repeat, can be cheated with a mount.  You never have to do hard JPs as dailies. This is a strawman argument.

I was using it as an example some daily ones are a nightmare stepping stones is one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

I was using it as an example some daily ones are a nightmare stepping stones is one.

And the nightmare stepping stones can be cheated.  It's hard to understand why this is so hard for people to understand.
If you have 20 jumping puzzles that can be a daily and 15 of them can be cheated on the days you can't actually  get a port (which has almost never happened to me), then your argument is an argument without merit.

You chose to supply an example of a jumping puzzle that has never been a daily and now you supply an example of a jumping puzzle that can be cheated.  We're not talking about doing every jumping puzzle every time there is one though. But like I said, and I maintain,  I can get the daily done most days in 5 minutes and almost all of them in 10. That's all three dailies...without ever doing four events.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Home Servers are basically irrelevant since they are all megaservers. However, it does depend on peak times on either Eu or NA server. I assume you're on NA server. There's always ports for JPs around reset time for at least 3 hours if there's a daily - 11am to 2pm QLD AEST. Not sure about any other times since I only do them during these times.

I realized it may not be possible but if you can try logging in then, maybe you might be more successful.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/17/2022 at 2:29 AM, Vayne.8563 said:

Not that this affects me, as I get mine done in WvW, but I know people who won't touch anything related to WvW or sPvP, even if some of them are easy to do.  Heck, before I got into WvW, I used to do PvE dailies only, often doing events because one of the other tasks was unpalatable for whatever reason (e.g., back when "Do an adventure" was a thing. for instance, or daily dungeon...

Fwiw, the behavior the OP describes is what soured me on PvE in this game, along with the effects spam flashing up my screen to the point where I cannot see a boss other than as a vague outline.  It's also what helped push me into doing WvW.

• Like 1

Of these:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_(achievements)#Jumping_puzzles

These are the ones I do if a JP daily pops up, assuming nobody will portal me. I'm pretty bad at them-- Basically if the Jumping Puzzle wasn't in 2012, I never did it.

Buried Archives (Cursed Shore) is basically not even a jumping puzzle. There are vistas that are harder to get to on that same map.

Wall Breach Blitz (Dissea) can be cheesed from the back with a mount although it may take a few tries.

Urmaug's Secret (Lion's Arch). It'd be kinda weird to not see someone porting to this due to where it is. It's also one of the easiest ones.

Vizier's Tower  (Malchor's Leap). On the easier end. It's also the only one I have a video of myself doing ... (Funny enough I think the glider makes things worse.) But you had to do this for map completion so you can just follow people. Incidentally I only made the video to show a lot of people were portaling at the time. I didn't take it though. It's mostly to showcase my lack of jumping ability.

Tribulation Caverns (Dredgehaunt Cliffs)-- Not hard, just sorta long. This is the only jumping puzzle I portal people for.  Because most of it is required for map compleition, a lot of people will know where they're going.

Also...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skyscale_Lost

shows how to cheese a number of jump puzzles. Naturally none of them require a skyscale because well, this was part of the Skyscale quests.

• Confused 1

On 6/17/2022 at 7:15 AM, Dante.1508 said:

Just to be factually accurate, most of the WvW dailies are faster than completing 4 events on a PvE map and if the WvW daily selection is favorable you might even be able to knock out all 3 to finish your dailies in the time it takes to find 4 events on a PvE map.

Having said that, the nice thing about dailies is you can pick and choose whatever is most appealing to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Not that this affects me, as I get mine done in WvW, but I know people who won't touch anything related to WvW or sPvP, even if some of them are easy to do.  Heck, before I got into WvW, I used to do PvE dailies only, often doing events because one of the other tasks was unpalatable for whatever reason (e.g., back when "Do an adventure" was a thing. for instance, or daily dungeon...

Fwiw, the behavior the OP describes is what soured me on PvE in this game, along with the effects spam flashing up my screen to the point where I cannot see a boss other than as a vague outline.  It's also what helped push me into doing WvW.

As I said, though, big spender, which happens at least a couple of times a week, can be done safely in a guild hall, and if you're not going into WvW you don't need to save the currency you get from achievement points.  That's a WvW daily you can do without entering WvW.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Pro Tip:  Servers matter not for any PvE content.  So, Sea of Sorrows does not influence anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Just to be factually accurate, most of the WvW dailies are faster than completing 4 events on a PvE map and if the WvW daily selection is favorable you might even be able to knock out all 3 to finish your dailies in the time it takes to find 4 events on a PvE map.

Having said that, the nice thing about dailies is you can pick and choose whatever is most appealing to you.

Maybe if you know what your doing and have all the needed stuff in wvw me it takes me a good 20mins just to get to the action to die and then run back. Also i have no idea what the wvw pvp ones require i assume killing folks which i cannot do.

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

As I said, though, big spender, which happens at least a couple of times a week, can be done safely in a guild hall, and if you're not going into WvW you don't need to save the currency you get from achievement points.  That's a WvW daily you can do without entering WvW.

If you have any wvw currencies.. which i do not.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Maybe if you know what your doing and have all the needed stuff in wvw me it takes me a good 20mins just to get to the action to die and then run back. Also i have no idea what the wvw pvp ones require i assume killing folks which i cannot do.

You're playing as long as you have, and not playing WvW how do you not have badges of honor. You get them every time you get an achievement point chest.  Even people who just play normally and don't hunt achievements have hundreds if not thousands of them in their wallet.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

So you have less then 100 ap then?

Because at 100 ap you get https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_Chest

containing 100 badges to buy stuff for and you only need to spend 25 for the daily.

Pretty sure if you check you wallet you have a bunch of badges of honor.

Edit

They made it pretty hard to only spend 25 tho so I spend 30.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So you have less then 100 ap then?

Because at 100 ap you get https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_Chest

containing 100 badges to buy stuff for and you only need to spend 25 for the daily.

Pretty sure if you check you wallet you have a bunch of badges of honor.

Edit

They made it pretty hard to only spend 25 tho so I spend 30.

I thought they removed that currency and added new stuff and i spent all those years ago.

17 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

You're playing as long as you have, and not playing WvW how do you not have badges of honor. You get them every time you get an achievement point chest.  Even people who just play normally and don't hunt achievements have hundreds if not thousands of them in their wallet.

I used them up on 20 slot bags for my characters.. I go into WvW like once a year at best?

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

I thought they removed that currency and added new stuff and i spent all those years ago.

I used them up on 20 slot bags for my characters.. I go into WvW like once a year at best?

Ok, then maybe it would be better for you to read what the actual dailies are instead of repeatedly making up some stuff you think is true, but isn't.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_(achievements)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2