How relevant are your alts in the story?

Guy.9207

1 hour ago, Teleoceras.1298 said:

Well I like writing darker stories with the main characters being flawed. Plus I took aspects from the character stories and expanded on them. The Infinity Ball arc was where my Asuran Empire came from although I changed that Grand High Sovereign Psych O'Killer didn't die on our world since she had a temporal shield up which blocked most damage is one example.😈

Geeze, I just looked at my word doc on the story and it is 61,808 words so far. That includes the stuff I didn't post.😬

You’re two thirds of the way to a standard genre novel word count!

in my head, my main/first character is THE Commander. My alts have their own lives, most of them remaining completely unaffiliated with my main/The Pact/the story at large.

To the extent that I do story clears on alts, I hand-wave that as scrying pool or fractal experiences of what my main did.

I've made a few themed characters - one of my few positive IBS experiences was being motivated to make a Raven-themed norn mesmer archaeologist. She's a big priory nerd, max scribe, and is usually the character I take around the map when I want to explore interesting things that are completely unexplained by the game. Stuff like a random stone door in a cave that looks like the entrance to a cool area (but is just a decorative asset), etc.

The other large subcategory of alts I have are cosplays. I don't really have any RP/story for those, they're just completely for fun and yet another map completion.

• Like 2