[WvW] Spb Daze build?

Zsoak.5409

Hi folks,

Did any of you try stacking Daze duration on Spellbreaker? Is it worth it at all?

(Also does anyone know how exactly is Daze duration working? 😄 the wiki is very vague)

I'm aware that there is a Daze Druid build on GuildJen so I was wondering if something similar can be achieved with Spb.

I'm thinking in lines of:

+33% - Mesmer runes (they give decent stats too, so not completely wasted just for the sake of Daze duration, and they also grant +10% dmg to dazed)

+30% - Paralyzation sigil (apparently it works with Daze too, according to the wiki)

+20% - Sundering Mace trait (obviously only working with mace skills)

Build-wise I'm thinking of either:

- Str/Disc/Spb, with Dagger/Shield and GS (a more conventional build without Mace - a little less Daze, but at least Dagger MH also has some)

- Def/Disc/Spb, with Mace/Shield and GS

In case of the Mace build, with the runes and sigil I'd have the following (if my calulations are correct - please correct me if I'm wrong)

- ~3.4s Daze every 10.2s with FC

- ~2s Daze every 9.6s with Pommel Bash

(in addition to the usual stuns from the Mace/Shield set, traited + prolonged with the sigil)

So in an ideal situation (with correct timing/chaining, triggering FC, and actually landing these skills) that would equal around 50% Daze uptime.

I know this won't be the case in any real situation, but nevertheless technically being able to chain more than 5s of Daze every 10s is something that got me wondering

Edited by Zsoak.5409

1 minute ago, Zsoak.5409 said:

Mostly WvW roaming

Run an Asura. Take technobabble and no escape. Mace shield or dagger shield in one set, great sword or hammer in the other. Gear as you were thinking. Long range daze with no cast time and little animation that can be trained to be an immobilize.

Consider Strength for Merciless Hammer and Body Blow for high adrenaline gain and cover condis for the immobilize.

• Like 2

I've toyed around with the concept of a CC daze build before and I can see the potential, but I think it's somewhat limited by the lack of utilities that dish out daze. You would think the warrior CC skills would give it, but they mostly dish knockdowns, knock-backs, stuns, etc. (I think only Rampage gives it) No warrior utility skill exists that gives daze. And you would also certainly think spellbreaker utilities would give daze but they don't! Featherfoot Grace and Sight Beyond Sight are defensive, so they're ruled out. That leaves just Break Enchantments which is an unblockable boon-removal that grants no CC at all.

Your build reminds me of the old CC berzerker. Berzerker condi CC builds were viable and popular in the past. A build with hammer, headbutt and physicals was devastating back then. I believe the focus was more on confusion and burning rather than daze. Spellbreaker really brought in daze for us warriors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I've toyed around with the concept of a CC daze build before and I can see the potential, but I think it's somewhat limited by the lack of utilities that dish out daze. You would think the warrior CC skills would give it, but they mostly dish knockdowns, knock-backs, stuns, etc. (I think only Rampage gives it) No warrior utility skill exists that gives daze. And you would also certainly think spellbreaker utilities would give daze but they don't! Featherfoot Grace and Sight Beyond Sight are defensive, so they're ruled out. That leaves just Break Enchantments which is an unblockable boon-removal that grants no CC at all.

Your build reminds me of the old CC berzerker. Berzerker condi CC builds were viable and popular in the past. A build with hammer, headbutt and physicals was devastating back then. I believe the focus was more on confusion and burning rather than daze. Spellbreaker really brought in daze for us warriors.

For WvW though you can bring Technobabble on an Asura for a daze on the utility bar. 3s base duration, but with the sigil and runes comes out to a 5s daze.

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

For WvW though you can bring Technobabble on an Asura for a daze on the utility bar. 3s base duration, but with the sigil and runes comes out to a 5s daze.

See...I've never made an asura before, so I did not know that! A tiny thing like an asura feels somewhat jarring to play so I just stick with medium-sized characters or norn.

Thank you both for the tips!

I play Norn characters exclusively, so tbh I wasn't even aware of the Technobabble skill - I might even create an Asura for that..

Anyway I'll probably experiment with my Norn as well before that, as switching around some runes and sigils is not a big investment

3 hours ago, Zsoak.5409 said:

Thank you both for the tips!

I play Norn characters exclusively, so tbh I wasn't even aware of the Technobabble skill - I might even create an Asura for that..

Anyway I'll probably experiment with my Norn as well before that, as switching around some runes and sigils is not a big investment

I too don't really play Asura, but I made an asuran warrior on one of my alt accounts just to tinker with technobabble. I really am surprised that I do not see more players using that skill in WvW on Asura.

The only time it is worth running mega CC is when I want to punish core necros for all their life. 

Dual Mace, Hamm classic physicals, every CC increase stacked (tho daze is rare in core warr, so I tend to prefer air rune for the shocking aura on heal, also great for DPS spb builds in zergs for extra strips). 

Otherwise, you'll see that it's not rly worth it investing in dazes cause they are rare and CC builds are punished by the meta where mobility and stab are in abundance.

Better focus on your ability to stunbreak for example. More creative and fun theorycrafing with those builds imo on zerker. 

46 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I too don't really play Asura, but I made an asuran warrior on one of my alt accounts just to tinker with technobabble. I really am surprised that I do not see more players using that skill in WvW on Asura.

Making an asura just for a single target 45s CD daze... That's a mind blowing concept...

From my point of view it's like saying: "make a charr warrior for your condi burn berserker, you'll be able to exploit the burns on the charrzooka!"

As for the topic, I do believe that the little bit of daze duration you'll get is not worth the investment.

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Making an asura just for a single target 45s CD daze... That's a mind blowing concept...

From my point of view it's like saying: "make a charr warrior for your condi burn berserker, you'll be able to exploit the burns on the charrzooka!"

As for the topic, I do believe that the little bit of daze duration you'll get is not worth the investment.

Charrzooka is a longer CD though. Besides that 45s CD daze can become a 45s CD daze+weakness+immob with 0 cast time, very little animation on a race that is already hard to see the animations on, at range, with no projectile needed. 

• Like 1