[Bug] Multiple Mount Skins With Mount-Up Lag [Resolved]

So far, the affected mounts that I've found with this bug have been the:

• Lunar Maned Skyscale Skin
  • Bearded Dragon Skyscale Skin
  • All of the new Noble Skyscale Skins (Aurora Blessed, Oceanic, Wandering Breeze, Heavenly Thunder, Hundred Petals, and Canthan Noble)
  • Auspicious Pixiu Skyscale skin
  • Anubis Jackal Skin
  • Crested Dragon Turtle Skin

Normally, any mount that hasn't properly "loaded" tends to just show as the default until the skin catches up, but these listed mounts in particular:

1.) trap your character in place in a "mounted" animation; your character will still move in response to the mount's forward animations, but will remain stuck on-the-spot,

2.) never show the default mount -- they lock your camera / character on-the-spot until the skin loads in entirely (which can easily take anywhere from 15 seconds to a full minute or more depending on latency),

3.) allow your arrow on the minimap to move, which is actually where your character is while stuck on-the-spot on your screen -- navigation is possible like this, and once the skin properly loads in, it rubberbands your camera to catch up with where your character is properly located in the zone.

You can still be attacked while stuck on the spot where you mounted up, despite the minimap arrow saying you're miles away from your camera, and even if you've "traveled" a fair distance, dismounting before your mount skin loads in simply resets your minimap position to where your camera is located like you never tried to move in the first place.

It's a very bizarre issue that I've seen others complain of (as well as myself, obviously, and my partner too) that has yet to be fixed, despite the Lunar Maned skin being bugged like this for over a year now.

EDIT: as of the nov 8th patch, this issue is fixed!! But I'll keep an eye on any new releases, just in case it starts happening again.

Edited by Giovanelli.6071
fixed a small bit of grammar, specificed Noble Skyscale skins, added more mounts with the lag
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Happy i found this thread. It kept happening with the skyscale lately. With the other mounts I was able to just mount up. I thought it may be a way for them to force us to use the other mounts again :). But then some of my characters had other skyscale skins and it was fine. 

I will just use the default skin and if that works then I'll try again in a month and see if it works. If not then i guess they can refund all the skins bought. 

Edit: I changed to the default skin and i do not have the issue anymore. So clearly the rendering with skins needs to be looked at. If that's not possible, then I'd like a refund on the skins i did purchase. Thank you. 

Edited by Tyro.8237
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Tyro.8237 said:

Happy i found this thread. It kept happening with the skyscale lately. With the other mounts I was able to just mount up. I thought it may be a way for them to force us to use the other mounts again :). But then some of my characters had other skyscale skins and it was fine. 

I will just use the default skin and if that works then I'll try again in a month and see if it works. If not then i guess they can refund all the skins bought. 

Edit: I changed to the default skin and i do not have the issue anymore. So clearly the rendering with skins needs to be looked at. If that's not possible, then I'd like a refund on the skins i did purchase. Thank you. 

It's only affecting the new Canthan skyscale skins (and someone said the Lunar Maned one, but as I don't have that one, I can't confirm). Any other skyscale skin seems fine, and I own a fair amount of them (I would list them, but it's embarrassing how many I own XD).

Sadly, this bug is so frustrating I stopped using the new Canthan skins. I don't want a refund though. I want them fixed, and as soon as possible. At the very least, it would be nice if anet would acknowledge the problem. But they even released more new skins with the same bug as the initial Canthan skyscale skins.... 

(A side note, the other day I spotted someone in Malchor's Leap with the problem. They were up hovering in the sky for quite awhile, with their skyscale's wings stuck in a t pose. It was amusing to see, but I felt their frustration for sure, having had my own Skyscale do that plenty of times. It's like all the new Skyscales have interacted with the aviator box, friend of trolls and bane of anyone who has fallen for it. At least the Skyscale isn't making airplane noises, I guess :P)

Thank you. I will have to check if my other skins work then. I just put the default for now and all is well. Of course, it is quite annoying to not be able to use the skins purchased. If this cannot be resolved in a reasonable amount of time, a refund will be necessary.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Tyro.8237@NovaleePhoenix.1259

Yeah, it's affecting all of the new Canthan skyscales that they put out (for both me and my boyfriend), as well as the other mount skins I've listed in the OP. Still an obnoxious bug, and still no official word about what's causing it or if it'll get fixed anytime soon. Which sucks, because I'd really love to use the skins I've bought without turning into a mime every single time I mount up. 😞

It's baffling, because the new Canthan warclaw skins don't do it? The bug is apparently very pick-and-choose about what it wants to affect.

Edited by Giovanelli.6071
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Giovanelli.6071 said:

The bug is apparently very pick-and-choose about what it wants to affect.

I have been wondering the same thing. It must be related to the mount-up animation.

It's unfortunate that the devs who designed the mount skins in question couldn't just copy & paste from the skins that work fine (like the Shimmerwing) but instead used other former skins as a template that have been reported in the past as being bugged (like the Lunar Maned).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Same, and it's not the first time this happens to me. I've had that problem in the past and it's always the Skyscale. I'm stuck in sitting position on the ground and it won't move at all. I was in the festival in the Cliffs 2 days ago and I couldn't move for a good 5 mins, that's the worst it's ever been. 

• Like 1

I've been having this with the Oceanic Noble skin too 🙁 It's such a shame because the skin is gorgeous and I want to use it regularly, but the loading issue is such an annoyance. It's the only mount skin I own that this happens on. Even very detailed skins like the Shimmerwing load instantly (or load with the default skin and then transition to the actual skin) rather than getting me stuck while it loads in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aselia.1325 said:

Same problem here, with the same skins. I can move around but my Skyscale is completely invisible, so it looks like my character is floating. I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed yet.

Yeah, it's baffling how it hasn't been fixed yet (unless literally no one else has sent in tickets or reported it?) because it's been happening to me ever since the Lunar Maned skyscale got introduced (which was well over a year ago!) and it keeps me from ever using the skin, among the others that have this issue now 😕

• Like 2

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to [Bug] Multiple Mount Skins With Mount-Up Lag [Merged]

This is definitely still a bug that is happening. Most notably on the Bearded skins for the skyscale. If I swap to any other skin (so far) mounting is instant with no lag issue. I really hope this gets looked into soon, because I do really wanna use this skin set for my skyscale. Currently no other mount has given me any issue other than this skin set for Skyscale.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Juriasti.8297 said:
  • Lunar Maned Skyscale Skin is doing this for me. I'm a little surprised they put it up for sale again given it has this issue. As others have said, if I switch to a different skin, everything seems normal.

It's something that's been happening to me ever since the skin was put in the game -- I know it's only a portion of the userbase having these issues (god, could you imagine if everyone was? nothing short of a riot would happen) but as far as I'm aware from what I've seen scattered across multiple different sites (and in-game itself), there's more than enough people having this problem that it should've been fixed months (at the latest) after the Lunar Maned was released, not over a year.

It makes the skins affected completely unusable, which is a shame considering I do like the skins, not to mention the money I spent on them.

• Like 2

It is still happening with the Bearded Dragon Skyscale skin. While I won't complain too much as I got it for free today, it is very noticeable how it freezes the game for a few seconds when you first mount up. Basically like having the North meta of Drizzlewood everywhere I go now! XD

(Should I laugh or cry, idk anymore)

Edit: -but

Edited by BishiDe.6925
Proper English, you know how it is.
  • Like 1

So it's not really a mount specifically, but the new turtle chair (which actually walks! best chair ever) seems to have a similar problem as the mounts listed above. I was in Dragonstorm and goofing off at the very beginning while waiting for the first event to finish (the capture land events) and my new turtle chair consistently got stuck in the ground when I tried to mount up. The good news is it seemed to work fine in areas not super populated or involved in a meta, but yeah... Getting very frustrating.

On another side note, the lunar maned skyscale skin is back, and I want it badly, but since it's glitched like the Canthan skyscales, I have been resisting the urge. Don't want to buy another mount skin that doesn't work.... And really annoyed that they keep releasing and rereleasing mount skins (and now a chair skin) with this bug. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NovaleePhoenix.1259 said:

So it's not really a mount specifically, but the new turtle chair (which actually walks! best chair ever) seems to have a similar problem as the mounts listed above. I was in Dragonstorm and goofing off at the very beginning while waiting for the first event to finish (the capture land events) and my new turtle chair consistently got stuck in the ground when I tried to mount up. The good news is it seemed to work fine in areas not super populated or involved in a meta, but yeah... Getting very frustrating.

Oh? I noticed a tiny little bit of delay when using the turtle chair, but I didn't realize that it also trapped you in place for that duration. Then again, I've yet to use it in any place more crowded than the Grove, and that's only after having been there for a bit, so the game has had time to register all the players in that area already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Giovanelli.6071 said:

Oh? I noticed a tiny little bit of delay when using the turtle chair, but I didn't realize that it also trapped you in place for that duration. Then again, I've yet to use it in any place more crowded than the Grove, and that's only after having been there for a bit, so the game has had time to register all the players in that area already.

Yeah it worked fine in less crowded areas. I only experienced the problem in Dragonstorm. I guess I should be grateful that it works in some areas, but the sting of the bug occurring yet again on a new purchase has admittedly made me a bit bitter. Especially considering how adorable the turtle "chair" is. The bit with the carrot made me think of Antie, in Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NovaleePhoenix.1259 said:

Yeah it worked fine in less crowded areas.

It happens when you jump on Ley-Line Anomaly map to participate in the ongoing event.
It also happens when you load into Arborstone.

So I guess it's more of a combination of numbers of player models ("crowded") and assets that need to be loaded.

There are skins that have zero issues with it, even though they aren't anything less detailed than the ones that take forever to load, so my assumption stands that this is an innate issue programmed into the skin model.

• Like 2