New Necromancer Elite Spec Idea.

KukoDane.1327

After have been playing GW2 since Beta, trying all the classes but mostly loved the Light armored Necromancer and Mesmer especially the Minstrel, I have come up with an idea for a new Necromancer Elite specialization which revolves around Musical Mantras and Death. 
Seeing classes such as Guardian, Druid and Engineer having heal builds which only not allows extremely good heals, but also ALOT of utility or boon generation, which the HealScourge unfairly lacks. Ofcourse the HealScourge can be extremely strong as it can Instant revive alot of team, but with no proper boon generation, it is mostly overlooked as a heal build. 
I also hate the idea of Dagger being used so little as a main-hand weapon, but as it is far from any competitive build since its more build around strange survival, I see the reason why players dont like it. Now the current Necromancer Main-hand Dagger would be great for this setup. 

This is where I present you with.. Tadadadaaaaa.   The Gravesinger! A mage who wields a shield / tombstone.
The Gravesinger revels in song, shadow and demise, using the dark arts to even the balance of life and death. Combining musical mantras with shades of the dead, forcing out dark magic to buff allies or rip the enemy apart, being a bard of ghosts which is not afraid of death, the Gravesinger faces his/her enemies close up and without fail.

These was my base ideas for the Gravesinger. 

Shield Off-hand I: 30 Sec Cooldown
Grave Reminiscence. (Range: 300)
Block and after 3 strikes, lash out in a cone with the shield, fearing and chilling enemies around you for 2 seconds.
If released before that, grant yourself and nearby allies alacrity based on your health percentage.
75-100%: 2 seconds.
50-75%:  4 seconds.
Below 50%: 6 seconds.
Number of targets: 5

Shield Off-hand II: 40 Sec Cooldown
Celestial Tombstone (Radius 240)
Create a ring which grants 4-Might every second (6 Duration) for 5 seconds, each given might, heals 150 health.
If you are below 25% health, increase the healing to 300. 

Singer Shroud II: 15%
Icy Lyrics:
Cooldown: 5
Chill nearby enemies for 2 seconds and remove 1 of either chill, cripple or slow from 5 nearby allies. 

Singer Shroud I: 20%
Minstrels Stroke: Cooldown: 15
Deal three quick strikes which deal 200 damage each, gain 1 might for each nearby 5 allies for each enemy hit.

Singer Shroud III: 40%
Relentless Runes:
Cooldown: 25
Grant Quickness to nearby 5 allies for 5 seconds. Slow 5 nearby enemies for 3 seconds.  

Singer Shroud IV: 50%
Final Sonette:
Cooldown: 30
Heal nearby allies by 100 health per second for 10 seconds.
Grant protection and resolution to these five allies for half the duration. 

Mantra heal: Sweet Agony
Cooldown/Ready: 35
Sacrifice 25% current health and gain Protection for 5 seconds, after the five seconds, heal 5% to yourself and 2,5% to allies each second for the next 5 seconds.
Range: 400.  

Utility: Haunted Applaud.
Cooldown/Ready: 45
Single use.
Grant three stacks of Haunted Strikes to five nearby allies.
Haunted Strike:
Next five strikes deal an extra 250 damage (scales with power) which heals 200.
Range: 600.
(Solo boosted; Next 6 strikes deal an extra 400 damage, which heals 300)

Utility: Everlasting Strife.
Cooldown/Ready: 15/10
2 Charges.
Break Stun.
Summon two Gravelings which deal damage as stated in Minor Master.

Utility: Delightful Suffering.
Cooldown/Ready: 15/10
2 Charges.
Lose 5% health, gain regeneration for 5 seconds and remove 4 conditions.

Utility: Fresh from the Grave.
Cooldown/Ready: 25/10
2 Charge.
Gain Swiftness for 10 seconds and superspeed for 5 seconds. 

Mantra Elite: Avarice
Cooldown/Ready: 75
Single use.
Grants nearby 5 allies immunity to damage for the next three seconds, if the damage would have exceeded 100% of the casters health, refresh the immunity with another three seconds and grant Resolution & Stability for 5 seconds.
Range: 600 

Minor Adept:
Allows the Necromancer to equip an off-hand shield and gain access to Mantras.
Gain the ability to summon Gravelings with abilities and traits.
Gravelings count as Minions. 

Major Adept I:
Tombstone Defense
Wielding a shield grants 150 Healing power and shield abilities grant 5 seconds of Fury.
Reduce the cooldown of Shield abilities by 15%.

Major Adept II:
Remedy and Agony
Removing conditions from yourself, will instead transfer them to the nearest enemy. 

Major Adept III:
Deceitful Appearance
Upon removing a boon, also deal 300 extra damage with 150 life steal for each boon removed.

Minor Master:
For each condition removed on yourself, summon a Graveling.
Gravelings deal 200 damage per hit, which heals Gravesinger for 100. Gravelings summons lasts 5 seconds.

Major Master I:
Deadly Serenity
Self healing is shared with the five nearest allies by a 70% efficiency. Outside healing sources are reduced by 70% to the Gravesinger.

Major Master II:
Friendly Reminder
Mantras and Vampiric Presence no longer affect allies but increase in effect and duration for the user and is shared with Gravelings. 

Major Master III:
Hungering Ferocity
Attacks deal an additional 150 damage and steal life for 50.
Increase damage within 130 range by 5%.
Increases outgoing damage by an additional 5% when under 50% health. 

Minor Grandmaster:
Spending 100% Singer Shroud capacity over 10 seconds summons a Graveling.
When Gravelings die, they remove 1 condition on 5 nearby allies.
Gravelings attacks heal the Gravesinger for 150 per hit.   

Major Grandmaster I:
Friend of Death
While above 75% health, share one boon every second to five allies.
(50% duration) 
While below 25% health, consume one boon every second to heal yourself and allies.
(50% share with allies) 

Major Grandmaster II
Compassionate Companions.
Gravesinger now summons Gravelings when using Mantras.

Each Graveling deals an additional 150 damage per hit and
Gravelings now last 10 seconds. 

Major Grandmaster III:
Last Laugh.
Upon receiving fatal damage (10%), heal 25% max health and remove 2 conditions. 

1 hour ago, KukoDane.1327 said:

This is also just a rough estimate of how I could imagine a new spec. 
Please describe why you think this way 🙂

Recently they nerfed reaper's "Rise!" because it created many minions which led some people to whine that:

- They were absorbing to much of the damage (taking the hits for players)

- Were dealing to much damage through death nova.

- Created lag spikes.

Your whole "graveling" concept is gonna bring all that back with a vengeance. Which is why I said that this spec would be banned from WvW.

15 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Recently they nerfed reaper's "Rise!" because it created many minions which led some people to whine that:

- They were absorbing to much of the damage (taking the hits for players)

- Were dealing to much damage through death nova.

- Created lag spikes.

Your whole "graveling" concept is gonna bring all that back with a vengeance. Which is why I said that this spec would be banned from WvW.

Well if we are strictly speaking WvW, it was never balanced with Perma stealth thiefs, infinite range Mechanist agro builds or some classes just being broken in general. 
Not only did the Rise minions die extremely quickly, they had bad Agro on players.
They had a cooldown on Death nova so it wouldn't trigger constantly. 
Lag spikes is more likely your own PC's fault. 

If these actually was would pose a problem, we could make them shades, as in, they dont take damage and nerf their lifetime. 

6 hours ago, KukoDane.1327 said:

Well if we are strictly speaking WvW, it was never balanced with Perma stealth thiefs, infinite range Mechanist agro builds or some classes just being broken in general. 
Not only did the Rise minions die extremely quickly, they had bad Agro on players.
They had a cooldown on Death nova so it wouldn't trigger constantly. 
Lag spikes is more likely your own PC's fault. 

If these actually was would pose a problem, we could make them shades, as in, they dont take damage and nerf their lifetime. 

Well in gw1 minions were a valid tactic from small pvp to larger pvp, here in gw2 they were used by lamer players to mainlky  lag the game and 2nd to soak damage since theres more target that would be capping aoe skills, but also perma quickness and stealth apliances together will F+++ enemy rendering since clients will have difficulties to tell when its animation and damage frames (theres a bottleneck effect in mediocre computers).

I could see this spec working IF Anet reworked minions to work more to its core functionalities of gw1.

Enough with shades  plz :) we dont need more red marks spamming all arround... visually its already to much what we have now.

Edited by Aeolus.3615