Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Black Lion Hunters Contract Didn't get delivery if I don't log in.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would the delivery stop If I don't log in? its a contract, they should deliver even when the players isn't home? right? Please consider it, thank you very much. 

Daily login rewards are intended to encourage players log in daily. Quite literally that is their intended purpose.   Making daily login rewards stack up goes against this inteded design.

Except we're not talking about daily login rewards. We're talking about paid Black Lion Contracts - you pay like 1200 gems to get daily material deliveries.  Those same contracts that take year

It would be kind of cool if they kept track of our last login date, counted the number of days passed since then, then awarded us between 1 to 5 days worth of chests. It is not uncommon for me to miss the daily reset by a couple of minutes. They probably already have the variables and functions in place to do it.

Then again, I suppose that we still need to login daily for our home instance nodes and login rewards. Changing this one thing would be a benefit, but a drop in the bucket.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this would be nice, I never had the contract before EoD and started to get it daily thanks to the weekly requisition drops, Its been a nice few gold made by just logging in. It does seem to count as just another incentive to login and only do dailies however, if it was changed to always send to you even when offline, that would be epic to come back to whenever you quit for a year or more. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine someone not logging in for even a month and having to deal with 30 mails tho? Or someone that takes a year break?

 

It makes perfect sense why you have to log in to get it, other than being an incentive to log daily.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Natedog.7549 said:

Losing paid daily login rewards because you didn't login, I heard only Diablo Immortal did that! Oh wait...

Well in diablo you lose a paid day in but gw2 its not limited to 30 days so you get all the days you login the way it should be.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well in diablo you lose a paid day in but gw2 its not limited to 30 days so you get all the days you login the way it should be.

What? Are you saying since the contract item is permanent (not 30 days), it is okay to lose items on days you don't login? 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

It would be kind of cool if they kept track of our last login date, counted the number of days passed since then, then awarded us between 1 to 5 days worth of chests. It is not uncommon for me to miss the daily reset by a couple of minutes. They probably already have the variables and functions in place to do it.

This sounds like a good solution. I'd even say to bump it to a full 7-day max. You'd still most likely log in for other reasons, but this would help out the people with weird schedules or those who can't always dedicate time to gaming while also respecting the money spent on these upgrades.

Separate, but related idea: Paid home instance nodes should work similarly, allowing a bigger yield if you miss a day or two (with an overall limit, probably seven days max). GW2 has plenty of things to keep people logging in regularly, so I think it's fine if the paid convenience items are improved in this way. As it stands, I've held back on some of the more expensive nodes because even if I log in, I don't always feel like visiting the home instance often enough to justify the cost (usually I want to do other things, like explore or work on achievements).

If I knew I had a bit of leeway to go pick that stuff up, they'd be a more attractive purchase. YMMV.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Natedog.7549 said:

What? Are you saying since the contract item is permanent (not 30 days), it is okay to lose items on days you don't login? 

Yes exatly since you did not login and there for did not claim it.

In diablo immortal it is even more crap tho you lose a paid day by not login in and the good reward is at the 30 day mark.

If diablo worked like gw2 you would get your 30 days no matter if you loged in for 30 days in one go or 30 days over 45,60 or even 100 days.

So comparing the two is not really possible.

2 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

This sounds like a good solution. I'd even say to bump it to a full 7-day max. You'd still most likely log in for other reasons, but this would help out the people with weird schedules or those who can't always dedicate time to gaming while also respecting the money spent on these upgrades.

Separate, but related idea: Paid home instance nodes should work similarly, allowing a bigger yield if you miss a day or two (with an overall limit, probably seven days max). GW2 has plenty of things to keep people logging in regularly, so I think it's fine if the paid convenience items are improved in this way. As it stands, I've held back on some of the more expensive nodes because even if I log in, I don't always feel like visiting the home instance often enough to justify the cost (usually I want to do other things, like explore or work on achievements).

If I knew I had a bit of leeway to go pick that stuff up, they'd be a more attractive purchase. YMMV.

If you cant spare 4 minutes to quickly login to a character fully to recive your rewards then you should not get them.

Whats next daily login should stack 7 days.

home instance nodes should stack  7 days 

Guild hall synthesizers should stack  7 days.

How about jump puzzle chests cant those stack 7 days too?

 Why should you have to play fractals more then 1 time a week it should stack 7 days too.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Natedog.7549 said:

What? Are you saying since the contract item is permanent (not 30 days), it is okay to lose items on days you don't login? 

I'm curious: would you apply the same thinking to other home instance nodes? I bought the garden patch and the basic nodes from the gem store. Should they be harvested automatically on days when I don't log in? What if I do log in but don't go to the home instance to harvest them?

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Natedog.7549 said:

Losing paid daily login rewards because you didn't login, I heard only Diablo Immortal did that! Oh wait...

Why should you get login rewards when you don’t log in? 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Whats next

I'm glad you asked, because the answer is actually in the post you were quoting: it starts and ends with paid home instance nodes and delivery services.

Daily log-in rewards are free.
Access to guild hall synthesizers is free (with guild membership).
Jumping puzzle loot and other open world chests are free.
Access to fractals is - wait for it - free!

I think paid convenience items should be convenient enough to justify their costs. We can disagree about how much convenience that implies, but let's stick with points that were actually being made instead of points you've invented. If home instance nodes and services had more leeway (with a reasonable limit), I'd buy more of them. You think they're fine as is. That's what YMMV means.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Daily login rewards are intended to encourage players log in daily. Quite literally that is their intended purpose.

 

Making daily login rewards stack up goes against this inteded design.

Except we're not talking about daily login rewards.

We're talking about paid Black Lion Contracts - you pay like 1200 gems to get daily material deliveries
Those same contracts that take years to pay off even if you do log in every single day.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Friday.7864 said:

 

Except we're not talking about daily login rewards.

We're talking about paid Black Lion Contracts - you pay like 1200 gems to get daily material deliveries
Those same contracts that take years to pay off even if you do log in every single day.

 

I'm going to ask you the same question I asked above: Does the same apply to other paid home instance nodes? If you buy the garden plots or the basic node packs should those be harvested automatically on days when you don't log in? Or on days when you do log in but don't go to the home instance to harvest them?

As far as I'm aware no one has ever suggested they should, and I suspect the difference is because these ones happen to be sent via the mail instead of collected from the home instance. If it was a real-life system it wouldn't require you to be there for someone to send you mail because the action is done by the person sending it, not the recipient. Whereas a real life vegetable garden requires you to harvest the veg. But in-game they're actually both the same. The delivery coming in the mail is likely just for immersion - Anet couldn't justify 'growing' the materials from the hunter's contracts or thought the variety would be more interesting, but ultimately it is just another type of home instance node and requires an equivalent effort (logging in) to get the rewards from it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loboling.5293 said:

It was delivered, but someone stole your package. Try buying the CCTV upgrade for your home instance. Then at least you can report them. 

I tried training MOX to beat down the burglars but he's only interested in being a glorified jukebox.

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

If you buy the garden plots or the basic node packs should those be harvested automatically on days when you don't log in? As far as I'm aware no one has ever suggested they should.

 

12 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Paid home instance nodes should work similarly, allowing a bigger yield if you miss a day or two (with an overall limit, probably seven days max).

My suggestion features a slightly different delivery method, but yes. Paid nodes and delivery services should allow you to miss a day or two and still give you their full benefit. They're rewards you can collect once each day, but that doesn't make them daily log-in rewards. At the end of 7 days, whether logging daily or intermittently, you'd still have the same amount of stuff, just more conveniently - this would make the convenience item attractive. If I want seven days' worth of carrots and have to log in daily to get them, I can very easily do this without spending a dime - and this is precisely why I haven't.

Further, there have been many threads over the years requesting a home instance 'butler' that automatically harvests your nodes for pickup, so re-examining the way nodes work and improving the convenience of the home instance isn't a new desire among players.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm going to ask you the same question I asked above: Does the same apply to other paid home instance nodes? If you buy the garden plots or the basic node packs should those be harvested automatically on days when you don't log in? Or on days when you do log in but don't go to the home instance to harvest them?

As far as I'm aware no one has ever suggested they should, and I suspect the difference is because these ones happen to be sent via the mail instead of collected from the home instance. If it was a real-life system it wouldn't require you to be there for someone to send you mail because the action is done by the person sending it, not the recipient. Whereas a real life vegetable garden requires you to harvest the veg. But in-game they're actually both the same. The delivery coming in the mail is likely just for immersion - Anet couldn't justify 'growing' the materials from the hunter's contracts or thought the variety would be more interesting, but ultimately it is just another type of home instance node and requires an equivalent effort (logging in) to get the rewards from it.

Sry, I stopped reading when you started making real life garden comparisons... 
I'll just stick to the actual game topic and elaborate why i'm in favor:

1) Contracts are usable only by home instance owners - huge difference, you cannot share it with others, no one else will ever have any benefit from it (unlike with your other nodes)
2) The prices of all materials in the game is falling - you keep getting less out of your contracts while their prices stay the same
3)The contract itself is a convenience item - with falling material prices I see nothing wrong with adding some value
4) People who can't afford to play regularly have absolutely no reason to buy them

Edited by Friday.7864
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You guys do know that mail box got a over stack limit right?

According to the wiki it is 10 in mail and 51 in que all others will be returned to sender so what the last  posters speak about would not even work

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mail

 

It does not count as a normal mail.

 

I have 10 normal mails and I still get my contracts every day. Sometimes I even forget to get my contracts from the mail and end up with a few at a time on a character.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Natedog.7549 said:

What? Are you saying since the contract item is permanent (not 30 days), it is okay to lose items on days you don't login? 

You agreed to the terms before you purchased it.  If you didn't like the terms, you shouldn't have bought the contract.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Friday.7864 said:

 

Except we're not talking about daily login rewards.

We're talking about paid Black Lion Contracts - you pay like 1200 gems to get daily material deliveries
Those same contracts that take years to pay off even if you do log in every single day.

 

Except you knew the terms when you bought the contract.  Now you want a change.  There is no reason for Anet to change the terms.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...