Harmbringers & Willblenders is overtuned please nerf

14 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

I get what you are trying to say, i just don't see complaints about mechanics specifically. Like yes, players mention mechanics, but since those mechanics on their own are not what's differentiating willbender from other specs, how can it be not about the numbers? It's like if i say, "harbingers healing is a problem" do you also interpret that as "healing as a mechanic is the  problem and it should be removed from said spec"? It could still be healed by others after all, now also in shround!

What you are saying is obvious common sense, which apparently other people in this thread aren't able to grasp. The reason you are struggling here is because you're assuming a baseline of common sense, which you should never do on these forums.

22 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

What you are saying is obvious common sense, which apparently other people in this thread aren't able to grasp. The reason you are struggling here is because you're assuming a baseline of common sense, which you should never do on these forums.

The mechanics I mentioned specifically stated it had nothing to do with "how strong and S tier WB is" but rather that mobility creep in general is bad for the game mode.

Mobility creep was actually a good thing up until I would say early PoF release, but with the EOD release the mobility creep is definitely officially too much. Now we have a team fight zerg meta and that's all conquest will ever be now. It's essentially the exact same thing as a death match. Whoever wins the zerg fights wins the nodes, it's as simple as that. Rotational back-cap strategies & counter class play on side nodes entirely takes a backseat in this meta to just who is able to zerg & tele-burst the hardest in team fights.

Conquest now plays like a 3v3 season, but only it's 5v5.

16 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The mechanics I mentioned specifically stated it had nothing to do with "how strong and S tier WB is" but rather that mobility creep in general is bad for the game mode.

Mobility creep was actually a good thing up until I would say early PoF release, but with the EOD release the mobility creep is definitely officially too much. Now we have a team fight zerg meta and that's all conquest will ever be now. It's essentially the exact same thing as a death match. Whoever wins the zerg fights wins the nodes, it's as simple as that. Rotational back-cap strategies & counter class play on side nodes entirely takes a backseat in this meta to just who is able to zerg & tele-burst the hardest in team fights.

Conquest now plays like a 3v3 season, but only it's 5v5.

I mean, I don't even disagree that mobility in general seems to be getting out of control, to the detriment of the Conquest game-mode. Pretty much all the EoD specs have crept up in mobility, except I guess Cata and Virt.

But I still refer you to my original question. If the tools that WB has in its toolkit, regardless of cooldowns or damage values, are such an issue, why was WB such garbage on release?

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

I mean, I don't even disagree that mobility in general seems to be getting out of control, to the detriment of the Conquest game-mode. Pretty much all the EoD specs have crept up in mobility, except I guess Cata and Virt.

But I still refer you to my original question. If the tools that WB has in its toolkit, regardless of cooldowns or damage values, are such an issue, why was WB such garbage on release?

Because people had yet to adapt the playstyle and figure out telegraphs through their osmosis styled repetition playing against or as something. You know how it goes. It takes awhile to figure out how new things are working. A lot of times after big patches and certainly full expansion drops, we have sleeper builds that don't pop up for quite some time until things settle.

When EOD first released, people thought WB was bad, people thought Mech was godly on side even after nerf, ect ect, and this is not only due to the above aforementioned point but also because they had not yet figured out that the provided mobility creep was about to push the game into a super team fight meta. When they figured that out, Mech completely lost its place as any viable side node role as side node role in general pretty much became obsolete, and then they realized WB was so strong as a team fight presence, definitely alongside of Harbinger and a good Tempest.

Honestly man, in terms of sheer combat prowess in say 1v1, I don't think Willbender is very strong. I don't ever lose to it on Sic Em Soulbeast or even Rabid Druid, even top players. It is however, an ultra dominant team fighter for all of the obvious reasons.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524

5 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Focus is not used in the meta build. The meta build infact has ZERO blocks. I don't know why you would complain about off-meta builds that nobody plays, or suggest that weapons nobody uses are what makes it OP. Infact I don't know on what basis you can even form any opinion of what is/isn't strong while not being aware of the meta.

Its not just about experience. WB has been buffed SINCE release. I am comparing its state on release to its state now. Mechanically, nothing has changed on WB since release. Only numbers were buffed. This implies that it is not mechanically broken, as you suggest, but simply numerically broken.

Regardless of if it's used in a meta build or not, it's still a possibility and it's something that is used and still annoying to deal with 🤦‍♂️. That is literally how broken willbender is in this point in time. I have hit people for 10k with just my f1 in some situations and didnt even really need to use a 2nd weapon to finish the job. So regardless of it is used in a "MeTa" build or not doesn't matter when it can still benefit from using said tools without losing any of its potential at all.