Willbender is broken

SoulBlaze.3059

2 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Maybe it is because I play sword weaver in WvW, but I don't have much of an issue with Willbender.  They're very fun to fight.  They can be quite dangerous, however I leverage my statistical fortitude and cleanses against them in an all out scrap.  They don't seem overpowered at all there.  

The only time I see Willbender doing something is when you have like 2 of them on the tower lord, doing what looks like a PvE rotation, while the rest of the zerg is fighting the enemy and despite the fact that the lord is scaled to oblivion, he somehow melts. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

Yes, Willbender absolutely needs a nerf. Most of the first ranked players and the previous first ranked players from when the Conquest Season began were all playing Willbender. We have gone through it several times as to why: it has too much mobility with simply no tradeoff for it. Conquest maps can be crossed by thieves and mesmers in mere seconds but they need heavy mobility builds that tradeoff survivability and damage up to a point. Willbender can jump through the entire map several times over even wiith its default, damage-heavy skills. They have to either increase cooldowns on the multiple shadowsteps or introduce far more severe tradeoffs for being so mobile like reducing damage. As it is now it has more disengage potential than thief and harbinger (who needs to sacrifice half of its utility bar to have more mobility skills) while easily outdamaging both.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

17 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

There has been several threads for conquest explaining why its broken there. This is not about wvw.

Let me stop you right there mate. Because of WvW Firebrand nerfs... Firebrand in sPvP was sent to the gutter along with it. For some reason it received the same kind of nerfs as WvW did even after the spec was no longer meta. When Firebrand was F tier, its Healing skill was nerfed...Lol... it's heal ability is now officially the worse heal skill in the game.

So I PRAY that they don't touch Willbender in the same way like how they gutted out FB due to WvW prowess abilities..... as a matter of fact, why don't they buff the plethora of other classes in the game that hasn't seen light of day since the launch of PoF?

• Like 4

On 6/20/2022 at 9:02 AM, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Yes, Willbender absolutely needs a nerf. Most of the first ranked players and the previous first ranked players from when the Conquest Season began were all playing Willbender. We have gone through it several times as to why: it has too much mobility with simply no tradeoff for it. Conquest maps can be crossed by thieves and mesmers in mere seconds but they need heavy mobility builds that tradeoff survivability and damage up to a point. Willbender can jump through the entire map several times over even wiith its default, damage-heavy skills. They have to either increase cooldowns on the multiple shadowsteps or introduce far more severe tradeoffs for being so mobile like reducing damage. As it is now it has more disengage potential than thief and harbinger (who needs to sacrifice half of its utility bar to have more mobility skills) while easily outdamaging both.

Cant be that a defense/organization issue  ?

i ment as every one rushing and no one focus on the benders?

10 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Let me stop you right there mate. Because of WvW Firebrand nerfs... Firebrand in sPvP was sent to the gutter along with it.

I don't really follow; I'm fairly certain the thread is about conquest. Due to the terrain there, the amount of teleports willbender has (combined with the rest of what it brings) is most definitely broken.

For wvw you have condi bunkers in roaming, a willbender might be able to nuke down a bad bunker but that would be about it. It can't run in the wvw setting so almost no1 plays it. For zerg fights not even close, it doesn't bring boon corrupts/removal. Dunno if it has a spot in gvgs, I've seen trap DH used in the compositions but I've not paid attention to more recent gvgs (and I don't do gvgs myself so I have no idea what non-support guard brings to the table in the first place).

Saying "but in wvw..." is like... duh? The 2 modes are miles apart?

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I don't really follow; I'm fairly certain the thread is about conquest. Due to the terrain there, the amount of teleports willbender has (combined with the rest of what it brings) is most definitely broken.

For wvw you have condi bunkers in roaming, a willbender might be able to nuke down a bad bunker but that would be about it. It can't run in the wvw setting so almost no1 plays it. For zerg fights not even close, it doesn't bring boon corrupts/removal. Dunno if it has a spot in gvgs, I've seen trap DH used in the compositions but I've not paid attention to more recent gvgs (and I don't do gvgs myself so I have no idea what non-support guard brings to the table in the first place).

Saying "but in wvw..." is like... duh? The 2 modes are miles apart?

agreed! Willbender is miles away from being busted in WvW. its simply a completly diffrent setting.

The Powerversion is held back by everyone and their mum running Toughness. And the Cele version... idk its just bad 😄

Willbender is just 1/4 of a threat than a willbender would be in pvp.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3

WB can solo 5 people in sPvP? You can do that on full trapper dh and on core burn guard if the enemy team is low enough skill rating. This isn't the reason why WB is OP. People really should consider not making a thread on the official forums every time they get stomped in sPvP and are in need of a place to vent. At the very least, if you're gonna make a thread to vent because you got stomped in sPvP, try not to disguise it as a balance issue.

WB's problem is its caked in team utility (virtues variant) on top of the damage and mobility that edges out power rev from the meta. Killing 5 people who stack on downs and eat an entire whirling light/whirling wrath is not the problem.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 5

On 6/19/2022 at 11:19 PM, SoulBlaze.3059 said:

Can we please get a willbender nerf anytime soon? I consistently see this class solo an entire team of 5 in PvP. Maybe the dev guild will play PvP someday and see the crap that happens there to balance the classes.

If you want to be taken remotely seriously, maybe don’t claim that WB can win 1v5?

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

On 6/23/2022 at 3:54 AM, otto.5684 said:

If you want to be taken remotely seriously, maybe don’t claim that WB can win 1v5?

My unranked game yesterday had a merciless legend willbender. Stood on far all game long, didn't die (that I see). Did 1v2 most of the time, I saw several 1v3 too for a respectable amount of time. Had everything but top revives at the end of the game. Sure, not the best of opponents. But still, I highly doubt the same player would carry the game so hard on a rev (the closest thing mechanically) while barely getting support.

Its not 1v5 broken, but its still pretty broken.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

My unranked game yesterday had a merciless legend willbender. Stood on far all game long, didn't die (that I see). Did 1v2 most of the time, I saw several 1v3 too for a respectable amount of time. Had everything but top revives at the end of the game. Sure, not the best of opponents. But still, I highly doubt the same player would carry the game so hard on a rev (the closest thing mechanically) while barely getting support.

Look, to put simply, if any 2 players lose 2v1, they should never ever set foot in PvP. This is not an indication of class balance, but that these 2 players kittening suck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Everything appears overpowered when you're bad at the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

In pvp WB is losing half the condi removal from flowing resolve and half of it's evades which was also provided by flowing resolve.  Since it's charges are bring changed from 2 to 1.   So overall 3 less conditions removed when paired with virtues trait line, and it's losing the evade from the 2nd charge while lowering the WB's access to lethal tempo.  So it did get hit by nerfs, literally removing the best change WB got from 1st beta to final beta.

Edited by Sonork.2916
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sonork.2916 said:

In pvp WB is losing half the condi removal from flowing resolve and half of it's evades which was also provided by flowing resolve.  Since it's charges are bring changed from 2 to 1.   So overall 3 less conditions removed when paired with virtues trait line, and it's losing the evade from the 2nd charge while lowering the WB's access to lethal tempo.  So it did get hit a bit by nerfs.

Have no fear, Signet of Resolve is here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Well, wy all now wy gardian is in the meta 

Do you now the definition of meta in mmos? 

Do you think a warrior can win a guardian? 

The class is so good bicose is wey beter that others class as  a worrior i can tell that warrior does not have the tools to tri to win

The same thing hapends with other clasess

If your class is not well maid you gona lose eniway, i think every class shoul be able to be on meta, ore make a decent figth, and not die in a blink of an eye

If wilbender is to serious, give others somthing to do to stil competent

On 6/24/2022 at 8:35 PM, Ezrael.6859 said:

Everything appears overpowered when you're bad at the game.

• Confused 2

On 6/21/2022 at 7:51 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

Let me stop you right there mate. Because of WvW Firebrand nerfs... Firebrand in sPvP was sent to the gutter along with it. For some reason it received the same kind of nerfs as WvW did even after the spec was no longer meta. When Firebrand was F tier, its Healing skill was nerfed...Lol... it's heal ability is now officially the worse heal skill in the game.

So I PRAY that they don't touch Willbender in the same way like how they gutted out FB due to WvW prowess abilities..... as a matter of fact, why don't they buff the plethora of other classes in the game that hasn't seen light of day since the launch of PoF?

Well they did, Kkona engi. Now alongside Willys and Harbs, Engis do be chasin. Willys and Harbs are nuts. Was hoping they would get a nerf in this patch but well, one of the worst balance patches ever. Power creep much ?

• Confused 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:44 AM, otto.5684 said:

Look, to put simply, if any 2 players lose 2v1, they should never ever set foot in PvP. This is not an indication of class balance, but that these 2 players kittening suck.

While I agree that losing a 2v1 is an indication of skill imbalance rather than class imbalance, I don’t think this means the less skilled players shouldn’t join pvp. How else are they supposed to learn to get better beside practice, especially against better players?

Also, there seems to be a really wide skill gap that you can face in pvp. For example, I have won multiple 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, and even a couple 1v5 battles.  I have also lost plenty of 2v1 battles and even some 3v1. 

Edited by Majirah.5089
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't now wath was that, but in wvw today 

The comander was teling in chat, that theres a guardian don't now with wath profetion, but seconds after a gay hit me, a wth 24,000 condi damage coming from one person

As a worrior you don't have eny abiliti to survive to that,so with a base health of  20.000 you die intantli,  if you got tons of power (like warrior) you can put tougthnes and that wil reduce de damage, but with condi thers nothing you can do to avoid that instant death

Edited by Drax.7308
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3