Willbender is broken

SoulBlaze.3059

29 minutes ago, Drax.7308 said:

Don't now wath was that, but in wvw today 

The comander was teling in chat, that theres a guardian don't now with wath profetion, but seconds after a gay hit me, a wth 24,000 condi damage coming from one person

As a worrior you don't have eny abiliti to survive to that,so with a base health of  20.000 you die intantli,  if you got tons of power (like warrior) you can put tougthnes and that wil reduce de damage, but with condi thers nothing you can do to avoid that instant death

What

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

What

WvW, someone was playing a form of Burn guard. 

Burn guard managed to burst the people. Did 24k dps on condi. 

Toughness only counters power damage. 

20k health warrior got condi bursted. 

That's about it. Not untrue, I would imagine core burn guard bombing siege with all the aoe burn they could muster. Take your eyes for one sec and this can happen (burns need a bit to tick, but once it gathers up it's gg and you got no cleanses). 

That's the gist of it from what I understood. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 7/2/2022 at 1:00 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

If you are confused to me explaining the message of that player, elaborate what confused you. 

Burn guards are the only zerg level condition build that is viable. 

It’s because the misspelling in your original post says something other than you think it says.

Edited by Alex Fryer.3064

On 7/2/2022 at 2:07 AM, Kuya.6495 said:

What

My understanding has been that he got hit on in WvW by a gay guy guardian. Then he got flustered so much that his own blushing was dealing 24000 burning damage to him. I don't see any other interpretation of what he said.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 1:13 PM, Axelteas.7192 said:

100% agree Willbender is oppressive in PVP. Is just not fair to have the mobility of a thief with so much damage+infinite blocks and invulns...

They're so easy to kill though...lol.

Willbender mobility isn't that great. Thief tops it. Thieves have Daredevil dashes, superspeed, ports, dagger leap, etc.

Willbender has some ports but they have a harder time disengaging usually. In WvW at least I think Willbender needs a bit more. In PvP I think they're where they should be. Once you know how their burst works you can find ways to counter it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

19 hours ago, Arolandis.8360 said:

Willbender mobility isn't that great. Thief tops it. Thieves have Daredevil dashes, superspeed, ports, dagger leap, etc.

Willbender has some ports but they have a harder time disengaging usually. In WvW at least I think Willbender needs a bit more. In PvP I think they're where they should be. Once you know how their burst works you can find ways to counter it.

the burst comes with several stacks of burn... unless you have lots of blocks and condi cleanses your'e dead.

Edited by Axelteas.7192
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/19/2022 at 5:42 PM, Arolandis.8360 said:

How does their burst works? Please, tell me your secrets because man, it is frustrating :P.

Edited by angrax.1372

On 7/27/2022 at 9:50 AM, angrax.1372 said:

How does their burst works? Please, tell me your secrets because man, it is frustrating :P.

Just create a guardian and jump in the FFA arena for an hour. You just need to get a feel for the cooldowns.

You need a feel for their jumps, the range, the cooldowns, when they might do it.  And... easier said then done.... Just dodge it😅.

If they have their stabis and stuff. Dont blow anything into them. just kite kite dodgy dodge.

Remember they blind you. Always do a AA or something, before throwing a big hitter or CC.

do NOT stand in any aoes that they leave... they HURT.

actually cleansing the burn, even tho they are power. Will reduce their strikedamage% and thus they dont hurt as much.

You just need a feeling for when they are vulnerable and when they are not .

with this in mind they become pretty managable.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 12:09 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The only time I see Willbender doing something is when you have like 2 of them on the tower lord, doing what looks like a PvE rotation, while the rest of the zerg is fighting the enemy and despite the fact that the lord is scaled to oblivion, he somehow melts. 

I laughed, but have to admit, I have seen this more than once.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:44 PM, otto.5684 said:

Look, to put simply, if any 2 players lose 2v1, they should never ever set foot in PvP. This is not an indication of class balance, but that these 2 players kittening suck.

How can anyone ever become better if they should just stay out of the game? I freely admit that I completely suck at most aspects of the game (especially vs. players), but how would me never even trying help the situation? How did anyone ever actually get good in the first place if they never practiced?

(You can play in peace though, I mostly stick to game modes where I will not ruin anyone else's experience because of my lack of skill.)