I hope they improve Untamed soon...

Arolandis.8360

Mostly the meh traits, and the unfinished feel of the class (I mainly WvW). I've been giving the spec a chance and enjoy a few of the tight burst windows it can have, but the more I play it the more I make this face :| and this face :/ and then this face :( ...

I feel like anything Untamed can do, Druid and Soulbeast can do better. I also don't think some of the diminished effects of it's utilities are warranted (again, in the WvW split).

It's like I didn't get a new Elite spec in this expansion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Arolandis.8360 said:

but the more I play it the more I make this face 😐 and this face 😕 and then this face 😞 ..

Ah! That describes my experience to the T.

Just I played with the unplayed in pve and I got so depress I could not even finish the story. And haven’t touched the game back since. 
I simply don’t want another 3 years of WS/BM/XX longbow/greatsword ranger. 

it is not enough Anet reworks the class to be playable, they need to make it so it is played differently than the other 3 subclases . I don’t think anet can deliver thou. 

• Like 7

I want to play Untamed because it's really the only Ranger spec that makes use of and improves the pet. I mainly WVW on my Untamed as a solo roamer and have decent success. However it made me both worried and annoyed that they didn't even mention Untamed in the update preview. Forcing them to take Nature Magic and use Spirits is really not the Untamed fix I, and I suspect most other players, were after.

Edited by AstralFrost.6423
Spelling
  • Like 4

I have been maining Untamed since it came out. I hope they add hammer to beastmaster 2 handed trait. Also pets them self needs a buff so if people see me in group be like ok not getting a Soul Beast but pet will make up for dps loss. I also bring up a lot that a auto cast setting close to core for pets be nice particularly in fractals and raids.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

The lack of mention about Untamed is very concerning, even more so considering how much attention Catalysts got. Catalysts were BETTER than Untamed even before the buffs, I guess ranger players didn't cry enough on Reddit.

Catalyst just needed buffs.

Untamed on the other hand needs a full mechanical rehaul, buffs and a purpose.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Untamed needs some QoL like the pets attack and recall buttons being consistent across different ranger specs and better visual indicators. The class is actually good, just got to remember to keep switching to bring out that super unleashed auto attack. Its a little tricky to play compared to soulbeast, but the class is powerful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Oh I agree Beddo, I agree. But not a single mention, not a single post, not here, not in reddit, Twitch or Discord, nothing, absolutely  nothing. They preach on their new communication policy yet it's very selective and more often than not, reactionary. That's my issue.

Untamed needs some QoL like the pets attack and recall buttons being consistent across different ranger specs and better visual indicators. The class is actually good, just got to remember to keep switching to bring out that super unleashed auto attack. Its a little tricky to play compared to soulbeast, but the class is powerful. 

Except it's not. In PvE it does negligible damage, even after the big fat 25% buff. Overly and needlessly high APM and maintenance for how underwhelming and unrewarding it is. If you decide to cast those extremely low CD pet skills every single time out of CD (which most definitely wont) the spec becomes even MORE needlessly busy and you lose DPS.

Ambush is unreliable because you can't realistically track an ICD every 15s during combat which happens to have a tiny little UI pop up as reference. It's just trash design all around.

In PvP, the gimmicky one-shot combo of teleport+maul+tail swipe was carrying the spec hard, after the nerfs, the spec as a whole is nowhere near as effective.

Edited by Khenzy.9348
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I dunno...right now after numerous nerfs/and more, I can safely say that Untamed/core ranger are the better duellist specs overall, with some niche situations where sb and druid can shine. Yeah sure...dpssssss, go double axe sb and have a nerdgasm watching that whatever is called dmg meter. but other than that, sb is used mostly as a +1 burst in WvW now as it hasn't got anymore the sustain and mobility to be a powerful threat solo roaming..and druid...it's druid, good there and bad there.

The ambush skill and aoe projectile block make Untamed a pure joy to play...add Nature Traversal  and you have a little gem to play, plus an utility to save your kitten when condi bombed out of nowhere from stealth....and an elite which in some occasions can save your life while running like no tomorrow.

What makes sb bad to play in PvP/WvW right are the super nerfed pets , so outside +1 pewpew and some tryhard boonbeast with condis.....sb is really not that amazing in PvP/WvW true story...while druid is really niche, for now Untamed is my main duellist ranger spec 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

There is a bit of news regarding Untamed, though perhaps not what some may be seeking.

Interesting re the pet control changes he mentions, though that's more of a long term project, by the look of it.

See - https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/vicgjf/comment/idgl11l/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Edited by Jijimuge.4675
Formatting of link
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

I really think that untamed has a very good idea, but is ultimately busted by the shortcomings of the outdated designs. Pets say hello. If you ask me, they have absolutely done the right thing by giving us control of the pets...

... ... ... ... Why isn't this default?

Other classes get 1-4 nice things on F1-F4. We only get One pet skill and a swap. That's just sad. Especially since we now have separate binds for pet attack and pet return and cannot use them on default specs.

Many things have been granted to classes by default. Pet controls should be the one for rangers.

They have made mechanists, so they obviously know how to make an AI-based spec that works. I just want a class, that has no choice but to be stuck with a pet, to be on a similarly working level. Sadly, Mechanists are everything rangers wanted to be.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

In PvP, the gimmicky one-shot combo of teleport+maul+tail swipe was carrying the spec hard, after the nerfs, the spec as a whole is nowhere near as effective.

While Soulbeast can be a highly versatile class depending on the choice of the pet, the playstyle always boils down to merge + sic em for maximum damage. The Untamed on the other hand has much more to offer. Boon removal, a projectile block,  and CC. Also the unleashed autoattack skills dramatically alters your choice of a weapon. What exactly do you want the Untamed to be? Another soulbeast like spec with high dps?

I think Untamed is fine where it is. But yes, the buttons are just a too much to handle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Tazer.2157 said:

While Soulbeast can be a highly versatile class depending on the choice of the pet, the playstyle always boils down to merge + sic em for maximum damage. The Untamed on the other hand has much more to offer. Boon removal, a projectile block,  and CC. Also the unleashed autoattack skills dramatically alters your choice of a weapon. What exactly do you want the Untamed to be? Another soulbeast like spec with high dps?

I think Untamed is fine where it is. But yes, the buttons are just a too much to handle. 

Untamed's damage output does not justify the projectile block, boon removal, or extra CC (that quite frankly does not do well in PvP due to how CC skills are handled). Can it work? Yes. However, you can make a better build using soulbeast, increasing your damage while also having amazing stance skills such as Bear Stance, Dolyak Stance (which is Stand Your Ground but not shared unless traited, btw) and the currently absolutely broken in WvW One Wolf Pack.

It's not at all fine where it is. There's multiple effectively wasted trait slots, and there is no direct improvement to pets.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Tazer.2157 said:

While Soulbeast can be a highly versatile class depending on the choice of the pet, the playstyle always boils down to merge + sic em for maximum damage.

There are much more options for slb than that, especially in WvW.

What exactly do you want the Untamed to be? Another soulbeast like spec with high dps?

Isn't that exactly how it's played right now in ranked PvP (and only there - a basically dead game mode)?

The buttons should be the least of concerns, since it's primarily a l2p issue, but whatever - it seems to be the only thing they are going to change. Another dumbed down ranger spec to please those that can't be bothered to learn and more excuses to keep it out of competitive play as well as WvW, because passive AI builds are stupid ...

Had a lot of hopes for that spec, since it's fun to play and has a lot of potential, but seems like giving up on it was the right choice after all.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Trust me, you don't want to buff up a spec that can shadow step to your face, CC you, put you inside a vine cage, do massive damage while it retains defensive boons while it applies weakness to you. Quite frankly its absurd having the class do all these things. The Untamed requires a learning curve but it can be very deadly in the right hands. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/23/2022 at 11:41 PM, Jijimuge.4675 said:

There is a bit of news regarding Untamed, though perhaps not what some may be seeking.

Interesting re the pet control changes he mentions, though that's more of a long term project, by the look of it.

See - https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/vicgjf/comment/idgl11l/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Ok so they read the forums, this idea was presented here after the first beta. Sad they won’t communicate and give the impression they actually care.

Yet that will make the unplayed not to feel like a downgrade from core but the elite needs much more than just that. The “pvp lense” also failed miserably here when even Boyce admits  playing unplayed in pvp is just horrible experience .

aside ranger does not need any pvp elite, it had soulbeast for that, and Druid is a point holder (supposedly) .

ranger is not wanted in WvW and for good reasons. Anet should get the kitten  together and provide that functionally to any of the elites available, it is already astounding they haven’t being able to provide ranger players an spot in a game mode with limited spots like WvW is.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2022 at 5:18 AM, Khenzy.9348 said:

The lack of mention about Untamed is very concerning, even more so considering how much attention Catalysts got. Catalysts were BETTER than Untamed even before the buffs, I guess ranger players didn't cry enough on Reddit.

Soulbeast got deleted with this upcoming patch, Druid was made pointless and Untamed is still untouched 4 months after release and Reddit is still crying more about the minor catalyst nerf. They are as stupid as this patch.

• Like 7

On 6/23/2022 at 10:41 PM, Jijimuge.4675 said:

Maybe they should have spent less time buffing the kittening Mechanist so they could have worked on Untamed.

PvP spec

Yeah that is why Harbinger and Willbender are top tier in PvP and PvE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Yet that will make the unplayed not to feel like a downgrade from core but the elite needs much more than just that. The “pvp lense” also failed miserably here when even Boyce admits  playing unplayed in pvp is just horrible experience .

Congratulations, you just unlocked the achievement: "Create a meme word for forum" +1 APs.

Now we have 3 meme names for EOD specs:

1. Harmbringers
  2. Willblenders
  3. Unplayeds
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tazer.2157 said:

Trust me, you don't want to buff up a spec that can shadow step to your face, CC you, put you inside a vine cage, do massive damage while it retains defensive boons while it applies weakness to you. Quite frankly its absurd having the class do all these things. The Untamed requires a learning curve but it can be very deadly in the right hands. 

Did i say anything about flat buffs to Untamed?

I just would like the spec to be viable outside of a gimmicky build in a dead game mode. For example in WvW. Maybe as melee brawler with focus on cc and boon rip? You know, something similar to what they advertised. But that's not done with some number changes (honestly, dmg and sustain are actually pretty decent on a numerical level). The problems are of mechanical nature, and no, i'm not talking about having to activate pet skills manually. That's the best thing about Untamed - and the only thing they want to change apparently. What a joke.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

the best way to buff untamed in my opinion is balancing pets, right now pets traits are spread in beastmastery, untamed and nature magic, i think its those 3, where the trait that increases pets stats is in one line, the trait that clones your boons on your pet is in another line and untamed has realy no buff to pets out of the new 3 skills.

I have said it again amd again, but making all pets traits be in beastmastery, so taking it your pet has better stats( like 20% or so) they get your boons and have more utility, then making so untamed woks on both, you and the pet, the same buffs you get while unleashed your pet gets the same but the other way around, if its unleashed more dmg, if youre unleashed more resistance to dmg.

then make a trait that makes hammer unleashed skills create spores, all of them, and you get a possible hibrid weapon.

Just those 3 things, and untamed would probably be a good competitor to mechanist as a pet oriented elite.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2022 at 5:21 PM, zaswer.5246 said:

the best way to buff untamed in my opinion is balancing pets

Untamed does massive damage already. It gets 25 % extra damage with the "Vow of the Untamed" Trait and another 15 % extra damage with the Symbiosis trait. The Unleashed auto also does massive damage. It does not need more damage. 

On 6/25/2022 at 5:21 PM, zaswer.5246 said:

Just those 3 things, and untamed would probably be a good competitor to mechanist as a pet oriented elite.

The Mechanist is the prime example of how not to make a class. Similar to the Firebrand, this class does everything and should be nerfed HARD.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1