Best Looking Light armour!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s difficult to appreciate when everything that wears light armor is generally seen on a human female that’s either an edgy scarf and earmuff wearing character who’s for some reason cold but wearing nothing but a bikini or some also scantily clad fantasy style armor. There are plenty of variations but it just depends on your taste. My Mesmer had a pretty sweet genie look before I sold my cosmic infusion to afford a guild upgrade. :(

My ele is is sylvari and usually wears ley armor which looks pretty good.

One problem is that the male and female are always different versions and some would look better with the other genders style. But that’s for all armor types.

JcxSlOL.jpgMy Scepter/Warhorn Ele, severly crippled by the lack of choices of pants.

LOMr0vY.jpgAnd my Necro, dualwielding her hands. (I still need the severed dagger skin for dualwielding hands to be effective...)

Overall Light Armor has the least variety among the 3 Armor types, we're either skimpy or Schoolgirls/Librarians. I wonder why we almost never see Males in light armor, probably because it just doesn't look very good, but that's just my guess.

I don't have a screenshot right now but my ele sylvari is using the T1 cultural armor, the "dragonfly" wings (can't remember the name) backpack from gemstore, aurora and incinerator. She's all blue/purple. The Aurora aura is really pretty on her. My asura ele wears T3 top, some PoF pants and the 1st fractal backpack, with gold fractal sword and incinerator.Oh and I have a human female mesmer, wearing some gemstore top, arah pants, light of dawyna backpack, sunrise and... I don't remember anything else. She's my oldest character and I rarely play her.

I cannot decide for one armor having a better look than another, simply because none of my toons have an armor with all 6 pieces being from the same armor type.

However, it is true that there are two types of human armor for which I use almost all pieces. So, I could define them as preferred ones in term of full armor maybe:

• The human light cultural armor (this one has - to my taste - the only really nice looking shoes).
  • The human feathered armor.

That said, fact remains that I always mix, and for me, it would be easier to tell about my preferred armor pieces, tops and bottoms, like the Carapace top, the winged bottom, and many others...

Generally, I do love quite a lot of the light armors. This is far from being the case for medium and heavy armors. With those, it is even a problem to arrange a look I like, and I mostly use outfit on my toons wearing medium and heavy armors.

There are two that I happen to like. First is the profane set. Everything except the shoulders is pretty good. It looks more like leather armor than any sort of dress. It also happens to be bootylicious (not shown). It is one of the few light armor sets that looks good from behind, and not just from the front. I have aurora shoes on there as well. In general, the light armor classes have some of the best shoes.

71aKGQS.png

Though it is also hard to knock the minimalism of apprentice pants and feathery vestments.

VKwbW3L.png

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@kajoken.1630 said:My Norn Necro wearing a combination of T1 and T2 cultural armor. I kinda like the cleavage xD

nGegL0q.pngmLitXTt.png

Never knew female Norns could get that ripped/buffed.

JESUS.... Why does your character have such a beautiful rippling body with more muscles in her ear then I have in my stomach....

Now that is a strong character lol

Out of the three armor types and being a Charr player, I am sure others feel the same as I do... not much really looks good on a Charr. I really wish that would change -.-; It's SO hard to dress my Charr characters in light armor that I often opt for outfits because at least some of those actually fit them properly.

@Fengzhou.9853 said:Out of the three armor types and being a Charr player, I am sure others feel the same as I do... not much really looks good on a Charr. I really wish that would change -.-; It's SO hard to dress my Charr characters in light armor that I often opt for outfits because at least some of those actually fit them properly.

Aye, Charr light armor is very sad.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally completed the best look I can get with Light Armour.BaZaUAX.jpgWhile there's no pants, at least I got a non-buttcape and no panty-shot look going.

Looks like casual clothing and I think came out better than I thought.

I just wish I could wear a hat too, but none of those exist in the game that doesn't take off all my hair. Or, it doesn't look casual like that one hat in the gem store.HWdVJky.png

Archived