Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

The banner changes are puzzling. Clunky and not worth the effort.

Guardian signet changes look good

Engi rifle changes look good...I always hated the 1 skill

Ele....lol

Rev, assassins presence trait change is absolutely terrible. 

Edited by X T D.6458
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Arewn.2368 said:

Very luke-warm patch notes. Was expecting something far more extensive across all classes given the state of many weapons, skills, and traits across the game.

Especially considering how incredibly long it took to release these changes.

I was under the impression they would also change certain weapons and traits that are not (or very rarely) used, on top of balance changes. Not gonna lie, it's disappointing to say the least.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

As a bannerslave warrior, I'm very happy with this updates because I can now focus on placing and moving banners, and don't need to hit the enemy anymore because it won't matter anyway.
Moreover, I can say goodbye to the tiresome grinding for ascended/legendary weapons because it won't matter anyway.

Rejoice, dear fellow warriors, for we are now officially a support class.

• Like 19
  • Haha 20
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, ShakingMonkey.1743 said:

That's one of the biggest issue with their balancing approach. They are balancing looking at the top 0.01% players. 

issue isnt what they're looking at the balance.

the issue is, they're not dealing with the skill curve in a correct fashion, the proffessions Accessibility isnt dependent on its balancing. its dependent on how easily you could take thsi into Most day to day situations and succeed with it.

however. the Proffession is highly punishing due to things such as the stat Stacks being so difficult and Long to build up, means if u drop em... ur Delaying your damage massively, ontop of being melee with no Weapon swap and holding the lowest hp and defense in the game.

if they're being stacked in the top 0.1% it needs dealing with.

However if no ones Playing in the bottom 70% they prolly need to deal with that also.

a Simply fix would have been to have the Additions from Stacks Staggered. the first 4 stack 70% of the Buffs Max application. and the final 6 apply the last 30%. this would mean u only need 4 stacks to Deal the majority of the Damage its capable of putting out, also in PvE only add HP increases to that effect.

Thus would boost HP and Defense of Catalyst. and Make most of its Damage accessible to a Wider market. this woulda made it more forgiving.. it wouldnt be Any easier to maximise. but a average player could get ALOT closer to the DPS the 0.01% are doing.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Soooo...

-They removed everything Ranger used to stay playable and in return we got tools that are worse than other classes making ranger a worse choice for team content. (Also is ranger now the only class that doesn't have a passive team buff in trait?)

-Untamed got even less changes than expected and the changes we got are 100% worthless since hammer is still not a good utility or DPS weapon.

-We got PvP and WvW buffs that (surprise surprise) do nothing since CA has way too big downtime and the pet takes boons and healing, making ranger a DOWN SIDE to the squad.

Well better luck in half a year.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't warrior supposed to be able to provide quickness as of this coming patch? 2 sec base quickness on 20 second base cooldown is way less than 50%. uptime unless I'm missing another source of group quickness and I main warrior.

Nerfing banners to the ground, not providing an alternative role in the way of quickness, AND providing no substantative increases to DPS is going to eliminate the class from difficult group PVE content.

EDIT:

Missed this:

Instead, quickness is granted to allies in the area when the warrior uses the banner skill

So we'll have to see since we're not getting quickness numbers from banners. It would need to be substantial with 60 second cooldowns.

Edited by CTR.4356
  • Like 8

Hey are you by any chance looking for someone for the team who can properly balance Chronomancer, i've seen you guys doing a great effort but i think you struggle unnecessarily, it is a bit sad to see how Chronomancer the spec with great background, lord of time and space makes you run slightly faster and gets >>3rd<< boonstrip utility, which is under every angle generally worse than Null field or Disenchanter, naming them here in case maybe you guys just forgot it existed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

its because in high caliber teams they were stacking catalysts.

thats what those are because of it, catalyst was kinda busted when in the hands of very good players, the problem is Catalyst still runs on a Design that Most people cant get close to the skill curve of... so the people actually performing with it are in such a minority.

Ele has always had a high skill ceiling that the majority of players never reached and then ANet nerfed it because, on paper, it's really strong and benchmarks / top guilds can do amazing things with it.

Urgh.

Usually I can get behind the intention of the balancing changes at least, or think that they're overall alright (for PvE at least) but man, this was a sad read.

Homogenizing classes so everything feels the same, why have different classes to begin with.

Even more boon spam in WvW, as if that isn't one of the biggest problems.

And what iteration is this on the ANet-boogie where we change systems back and forth? Winds of Disenchantment is stationary. No, mobile. No, stationary.

Banners are fire and forget and you need to carry them to the next encounter. No, you can pick them up to cast them again easily. No, you need to pick them up again. But also they're pointless now, it's the same stock boons you can get from every other class as well.

Remove Aegis from the Mantra. Restore it, but only in some modes.

I just don't know anymore.

Edited by Sourde Noire.5286
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Incredibly underwhelming changes.

No nerfs to Harbinger's utter and disgusting dominance in both PvP and WvW.

Ranger spirits alongside Warrior Banners are the most annoying skills to maintain in the game, imagine if any form of those are mandatory in any Warrior or Ranger "meta" specs. EWW. Why don't you just let Warriors carry their banners around on their backs with boons pulsing around them, and the same with Ranger? These static spirits are now flying spirits that follow the ranger around pulsing boons around the player, why not something less annoying like that? Instead they slapped some pulsing boons on these skills and called them "reworks". Laughable.

No relevant changes to Untamed. I repeat. NO.RELEVANT.CHANGES.TO.UNTAMED.

You better hope Shadow Arts changes turn into a net nerf in performance in competitive modes or I'm going to riot.

Interesting changes to Engineer rifle and Ventari Revenant. Because that's it, there's nothing else to look forward to.

All in all, again, very underwhelming and dissapointing changes.

Edited by Khenzy.9348
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Dueling

• Master Fencer: Now may activate on any critical hit, granting 4 seconds of fury on up to 5 allies in a circle with a range of 360. Internal cooldown is 8 seconds.

Honestly just baffled that the only strong thing in dueling, perma fury, on a burst class that needs to crit consistently to do any meaningful power damage, would get nerfed, with no real change or anything to compensate on an already under-used class in competitive play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

No with all honestly, when your game balance is so bad, that NEW PROMOTED CLASSES are literally useless in every part of the game, and are easily outperformed by old (and staple for quite a lot patches for now) class, do you really think that this is how you do the new expansion?

I don't think you should've even make new specs, if you weren't sure on how to actually make them. MAking your new specs useless and weak isn't going to make them "unique"

And then releasing new patch to buff every other spec, except the weakest one getting meek "a little damage for 2 skill" buff (on the weapon noone even use on that spec too) is some kind of twisted joke.

Why even make a pet class when pet isn't ever needed and you're doing more damage without it?

TL;DR: I'm upset over Untamed yet again

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Razor.9305 said:

With these Herald cooldown increases, you can only use each Facet once in Glint. All 6 Facets, even under the Facet of Nature buff, will not let you maintain quickness with the maximum possible boon duration. This is assuming you will be allowed to swap between legends in a reasonable fashion.

Herald cannot give reliable quickness with this change. The base quickness duration NEEDS to be 2 seconds at least.

They want you to camp glint a little longer to get the double facet activations which going by quick napkin math can get perma quickness but you will need extremely high boon duration and won't have much rotation flexibility.

Just now, StormCleric.2843 said:

Did catalyst really need that? What was the thinking behind those changes?

top 0.01% Player meta Involves Stacking Catatylsts.

Why they didnt deal with the fact 70% of the playerbase cant get remotely near the skill floor of catalyst is a Actual mystery however.... u'd think with how often they're screeching the word "Accessibility". Dealing with the Roadblocks of plays getting into the proffession would be a Priority.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

300 sec traits still present = lazy redundant update. Those should have been top priority for reworks, 5 min cd on any skill is ridiculous. Pls rework or replace those traits, I can't believe these devs are having such a hard time figuring this out.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Oh man, no Celestial nerfs... Celestial needs a flat nerf in WvW cause people are now slapping it into every build because it's just that good. I'm sick of fighting never-die but never-does-damage builds, except Cele Harb, that one does TOO much damage.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

Just now, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

300 sec traits still present = lazy redundant update. Those should have been top priority for reworks, 5 min cd on any skill is ridiculous. Pls rework or replace those skills, I can't believe these devs are having such a hard time figuring this out.

yeah they so kitten they rework every time same traits

but trait useless with 300sec cd they don't care

seriously what a joke they are

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bred.3582 said:

Dueling

• Master Fencer: Now may activate on any critical hit, granting 4 seconds of fury on up to 5 allies in a circle with a range of 360. Internal cooldown is 8 seconds.

Honestly just baffled that the only strong thing in dueling, perma fury, on a burst class that needs to crit consistently to do any meaningful power damage, would get nerfed, with no real change or anything to compensate on an already under-used class in competitive play.

I've read the notes three times now, I feel like it progressively gets worse the closer you look at it. Didn't realize that Mesmer got nerfed with that at first, didn't think about the implications, but yeah... nice little nerf mixed in there, bloody Ls.

• Like 3

I'm confused about this.

It was said that one of the goals was for DPS builds to be able to stack Might in AoE. But that's not part of the listed changes; only Fury has been addressed. In many cases, the self-Fury granted by these traits has suffered massive nerfs in uptime. This goes directly against another stated goal of narrowing the gap between solo and group DPS.

Another one of the goals was to put 5% crit chance in places easily accessible to power DPS builds.

1. So, putting it in the Arms trait line for Warrior? Power builds use Strength + Discipline and an elite spec; the Arms trait line has almost nothing useful to power DPS builds and instead focuses mainly on condi DPS.
  2. Why does Elementalist only get 5% crit chance while attuned to Air, instead of across all attunements? You can't build around that, you have to basically ignore it and build for 100% crit chance across all attunements. No one wants 95% crit chance in Fire after capping crit in Air.
  3. Guardian didn't get 5% crit chance added anywhere.
  4. Mesmer only got 5% crit chance in the Virtuoso elite spec. All other power builds suffer, I guess.

It's not that we were lied to, but it feels like we were communicated a different version of the update notes than this.

Also, Catalyst (for anything other than yolo double Meteor Shower) is now dead, RIP. If it's not supposed to do a lot of damage, then make it simple to play.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4