Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

13 minutes ago, Narayana.1485 said:

Great so the Catalyst has no purpose now, doesn't share any requested boons (alacrity or quickness) and now has reduced damage. Was fun to use the new spec a few months. Sinse I don't like the Templest play style, time to gear another character...

it does share.

they changed it so the trait now gives Air Orb Quickness instead of being baseline.

to counter the fact people were stacking it... but they did nothing to actually increase its popularity.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zauriel Mooncat.4968 said:

I trully believe after reading the notes and dissecting all the info given... that the dev team in charge of balancing classes and reworking traits trully does not play the game at all, or does not care about it. 

I'm not genuinely familiar but most games that suffer from these issues usually have a small group that works with the devs that throws things completely out of wack for the larger base... Is that kinda what happens here? It be nice if there were rotating playtest groups or what have you to provide feedback on all this. (Shut me up if all this exists, just hard to find information on these forums)

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

its because in high caliber teams they were stacking catalysts.

thats what those are because of it, catalyst was kinda busted when in the hands of very good players, the problem is Catalyst still runs on a Design that Most people cant get close to the skill curve of... so the people actually performing with it are in such a minority.

I'm confused, if catalyst is the most over-performing profession for the best players out there, why it is not the top 1 on the snowcrows benchmark? My theory is that the only reason the high caliber teams stacks catalysts is because multiple dps catalysts can cover the quickness for that group so they don't need a dedicated quickness provider. I kinda get it a pure damage dealer can provide ~25% coverage of quickness is a bit weird, thus I'm totally fine they remove that. But why they still feel the need to nerf 10% of damage for quickness catalyst? Are they too popular compared to other quickness providers such as harbinger or cQB?

Sorry that if I sound a bit aggressive. I am mad but not towards you. 

Edited by littledemon.7659
  • Like 4

The lack of changes to Vital Draw in PvP makes me mad. Every match is a Harbinger spam fest... this changes nothing to fix that... The game needs less AoE hard CC PvP and they actually added more for some reason. This is why PvP died when HoT came out!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I know you probably won't see this or care, but why would you remove the alacrity provided by Revenants through Natural Harmony in the Salvation line? This was a fun way to provide Alacrity as a healing Vindicator. You took my favorite spec and made it close to unplayable. Who is going to take me now over a Heal Mech now that I can't provide Alacrity? 😢

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

9 minutes ago, Voyant.1327 said:

I'm not genuinely familiar but most games that suffer from these issues usually have a small group that works with the devs that throws things completely out of wack for the larger base... Is that kinda what happens here? It be nice if there were rotating playtest groups or what have you to provide feedback on all this. (Shut me up if all this exists, just hard to find information on these forums)

I trully dont know at this point, I mean... I have seen them talking with prominent people in the game that do know the problems with skills in game and class balancing, I have seen them sharing that info with the devs and always this info tries to be on a balanced side, not too much one side, not too much on the other... but when you see these patchnotes and you see how the devs keep reworking traits... it feels like they dont listen at all to what people or prominent people in the community has to say at all. 

Is like talking to a person that listens what you have to say, throws it off the window, and only stays with the "needs rework" but without any context at all to the information or care towards it, and on top, that person doesnt seem interested or knowledgeable on the game they are trying to work on.  

Edited by Zauriel Mooncat.4968
Spelling Errors
  • Like 7

Nothingburger for chrono other than forcing them to use wells(guess what there's still more useful utility to use over them) and shield for their alacrity quickness now instead of slow and shatters, oh and always in melee range no less, why not cast the boons from wells around the caster like the shield?

Might as well just turn wells into pbaoes like gyros at this point, thanks for killing diversity builds there. 🙄

You're trying to force melee combat (your excuse for damage reduction on aoes not so long ago) through boon ball stacking you might as well just turn every aoe into pbaoes at this point.

Also... did you give enough buffs to thief stealth there? you sure you got it covered now? looks like it could use a couple more boons for the spam.

Oh well, not like this is surprising, wouldn't expect course change from the boon spam you've been building the last few years.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Nakasz.5471 said:

"Bring the player, not the profession". I will try to do instanced content as bs after this patch notes to see what happen🤣 . BS is the new unplayed

They say this and then make the iron meta when you can't pick the class you want because you can't rival the meta dps spec 

my favourite part of play, I didn't even get that treatment in WoW, know for it's wonky balance.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@Rubi Bayer.8493, please extend my thanks to the balance team for the work that they did do. Some of those Bladesworn changes do look very interesting. However, there a few things where the team missed the mark for the warrior section. 

1) It was said that the bonus crit chance would be placed where power builds could easily access it. Arms is the condition traitline for warriors. Power builds typically run Strength + Discipline, then either an espec or a sustain line like Defense or Tactics. A better place would have been in Discipline on Fast Hands or Pinnacle of Strength in Strength.

2) It seems that the team does not understand why warriors hate running banners. Its the constant baby sitting of them. Please relay to the balance team that the CDs should be much shorter than 60s. For the amount of quickness on them they would have to have a much shorter CD, like 20s, to be worth taking for a support role, or even just pulse quickness along with their other boon once summoned.

3) Arms and Defense really need updates. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

The Ventari and Salv changes sure seem at first glance to be promising. It's a lot to digest at once. You lose alac and outgoing healing modifier potential while gaining a whole lot in the process (based on my first impression).

Really happy about the change to Ventari's Will and the removal of healing orbs. I think the tablet will feel really great now for those that enjoy micromanagement. Having no energy cost and a 0.25s CD on Ventari's Will is MASSIVE and I will very gladly take that over the heal it gives. This will free up a lot of energy for the Revenant to use on other skills.

Being able to get all those boons via Salv while in Ventari is also really exciting. Finally we get some regen back to the legend, though now it feels like even more like Tree Song lite. While I'm sad to lose alacrity, I never liked the way it was implemented on Natural Harmony, so I am happy to see the skill moving in a different direction.

The biggest bummer for me is no longer being able to spam knockback on enemies, though really I just used that as a source of entertainment more than anything. Wondering if the CD will remain the same for the skill. If so, they need to revert the CD nerf to it in PvP. 

Very curious about the tuning of the tuning of stuff in general as that'll determine their viability.

Aside from Ventari/Salv stuff, the quickness duration seems a bit low on Draconic Echo for PvE, at least based on first impression. Banish Enchantment WvW was really out of the blue tbh. Was that nerfed because some people are spamming the skill in zergs and getting high on the boonrip charts? 

Wondering for the PvE endgamers if the change to AP is of any significance for Rene support? Are you able to get perma group fury via pack runes and AP on Diviner Rene?

All in all, the patch was a huge disappointment in my eyes, with one of the few exceptions being for Ventari players. Not gonna lie...didn't see that one coming.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Spotter got removed, so all classes lose 100 Precision.

Banners got changed, so all classes lose 100 precision and Warriors even lose 150.

Fury got buffed from 20 to 25%, so all classes gain 5% more Crit than now.

But, since 21 Precision is 1% Crit, all classes lose 9,5% Critchance from precision and gain +5% from changed Fury.

So, basically all Power Classes lose 4,5% Critchance and Warriors lose 6,9% Critchance.

Is it just me, or doesnt Anet want people to play power classes with a 100% Critchance ?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zauriel Mooncat.4968 said:

I trully dont know at this point, I mean... I have seen them talking with prominent people in the game that do know the problems with skills in game and class balancing, I have seen them sharing that info with the devs and always this info tries to be on a balanced side, not too much one side, not too much on the other... but when you see these patchnotes and you see how the devs keep reworking traits... it feels like they dont listen at all to what people or prominent people in the community has to say at all. 

Is like talking to a person that listens what you have to say, throws it off the window, and only stays with the "needs rework" but without any context at all to the information or care towards it, and on top, that person doesnt seem interested or knowledgeable on the game they are trying to work on.  

Makes sense, appreciate sharing your point of view. I feel like most of us would gladly work hand n hand to achieve the balance & still let the players enjoy...

Like we were saying in Discord... It just doesn't make sense punishing players who just want to have fun, this should be exciting not dread inducing.

Sure balance is important but I don't think that's what is achieved here, mostly just ruffling a lot of feathers and spinning things around imo. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1