When anet fix place holder traits

A lot of the placeholder traits were either slightly touched or communicated that "we're going to revamp these" right before the big layoffs and mess ups of 2019-2020 so they were put on hold. The promises of "more regular balance updates" comes every now and again before a massive patch and then something happens at the studio (revamped focus, layoffs, scandal, etc) which rips away those resources so there's no real follow-up.

I'm hopeful that this patch actually deals with all of those placeholders (because seriously, some of them have been in their current state since 2015) but we'll have to see in a couple hours.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Ganathar.4956 said:

Remember when they removed the fall damage reduction on all those old fall damage trait? They were apparently going to reevaluate them at some point since they removed half of their effect. This has still not happened yet.

2 hours ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

A lot of the placeholder traits were either slightly touched or communicated that "we're going to revamp these" right before the big layoffs and mess ups of 2019-2020 so they were put on hold. The promises of "more regular balance updates" comes every now and again before a massive patch and then something happens at the studio (revamped focus, layoffs, scandal, etc) which rips away those resources so there's no real follow-up.

I'm hopeful that this patch actually deals with all of those placeholders (because seriously, some of them have been in their current state since 2015) but we'll have to see in a couple hours.

TBH, I have no hope to Anet's balance team since the day they said REV's F1 trigger weapon swap sigil is a "bug"

they are SO~~~~ good at forgetting why the thing/setting is there since day one.

Edited by Alik.9651