June 28th Patch Notes : Ranger Changes

Sandzibar.5134

Time for some OWP math! (correct me if wrong, by showing it)(ticks are counted by technically possible):

-lower duration from 12s to 7,25s (the pvp version has +0.05s over bonus) and ally duration from 4s to 3s.
-current number of team ticks: 112 / new number: 19 | current solo ticks: 48 / new number: 7
-lower cooldown which changes uptime by 25%.
-power coeffi goes up by 0.32.
-ranger power with 25 might is about 3607. 

OWP tick 0.63=604 | team tick damage= 67 648 / solo tick damage= 28 992
OWP tick 0.95=743 | team tick damage= 14 117  / solo tick damage= 5 201 

The change of 1 tick is: 18,71% | The change of team ticks is: -379,18% | The change of solo ticks is: -557,43%

With 25% higher CD uptime:
The DPS difference of OWP in team: -354,18%
The DPS difference of OWP solo: -532.43%

Edited by Beddo.1907
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 7

17 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Time for some OWP math! (correct me if wrong, by showing it)(ticks are counted by technically possible):

-lower duration from 12s to 7,25s and ally duration from 4s to 3s.
-current number of team ticks: 112 / new number: 77 | current solo ticks: 48 / new number: 29

OWP tick 0.95=743 | team tick damage= 57 211 / solo tick damage= 21 547 

The dps change of 1 tick is: 18,71% | The dps change of team ticks is: -18,24% | The dps change of solo ticks is: -34,55%

The DPS difference of OWP in team: 6,76%
The DPS difference of OWP solo: -9,55%

You seem to have missed that they increased the proc intervall from 1/4s to 1s.

It got nerfed massively.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

You seem to have missed that they increased the proc intervall from 1/4s to 1s.

It got nerfed massively.

I wonder if I'll be able to LB kill AB breachers on time with this change.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rysdude.3824 said:

Dang, not even a fix to EoD pets?

Actually yeah...what in the actual hell 😂

Nerfs / weird changes, but won't fix the 3ish second on-swap delay for all the expansion pets....

Sounds about right!

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Do not fret my friends I can see more nerfs incoming as soon as peepos begin to use remorseless sicem soulbeast + storm spirit.

Anet need somebody who knows what they are doing with the ranger balance…

aside from that to think we had to wait for a whole year for this… I don’t know what are they thinking. At least ranger didn’t getting as bad a others classes, I guess because there is not much to nerf  already.

• Like 8

I actually think the druid changes are really good. It might be a little less versatile than hmech and i'm disappointed not to see that spec nerfed but alac healdruid def seems like a real option now. Healingwise im pretty sure it outclasses hmech. I expect it to bring perma prot, fury, alac and very good healing. I dont think the might is that much of an issue, because a lot of other classes randomly got pulsing might or anything so if druid can do a good chunk of might with WH and frost spirit I think you'll get 25 might no problem. I hope you only need 3 spirits so you have a flex spot, I'd really like that (specter has this).  Think it could be a very good partnership with a QFB.

The SLB nerfs are bizarre to me. It had phenomenal burst but that was its amazing niche and I'm really sad seeing it get nerfed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

If frost spirit cannot keep up might with warhorn, druid is basically done for.

Congrats, anet. You got your wish. New stuff is at the top for a good while now. And by new stuff, I mean Mechanist.

Given that Druid no longer needs to take Skirmishing cause the new spotter is essentially worthless now given that Fury can easily be provided through different means I imagine that between WH5, Clarion Bond, Frost Spirit and Jungle Stalker, Might will be okay, even without Grace of the Land.

Heck, you can even add pack rune to the mix and use the new healing grandmaster to make up for the loss of monk rune if really necessary.

On that note, I feel like 4s base alac is super benevolent by anet if you compare it to the abysmal base durations warrior and herald got for their quickness generation, to the point where you can more or less upkeep alac with as little as 2 spirits (stone + frost).

I'm sure Druid will be fine one way or the other, it has too many tools to have this small patch ruin its livelihood.

The OWP nerf on the other hand...lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats, anet. You got your wish. New stuff is at the top for a good while now. And by new stuff, I mean Mechanist.

Given that Druid no longer needs to take Skirmishing cause the new spotter is essentially worthless now given that Fury can easily be provided through different means I imagine that between WH5, Clarion Bond, Frost Spirit and Jungle Stalker, Might will be okay, even without Grace of the Land.

Heck, you can even add pack rune to the mix and use the new healing grandmaster to make up for the loss of monk rune if really necessary.

On that note, I feel like 4s base alac is super benevolent by anet if you compare it to the abysmal base durations warrior and herald got for their quickness generation, to the point where you can more or less upkeep alac with as little as 2 spirits (stone + frost).

I'm sure Druid will be fine one way or the other, it has too many tools to have this small patch ruin its livelihood.

• Haha 1

• Haha 1

was the 'leader of the pack' nerf to double down on 'one wolf pack'? because they just whacked all the stance skills, yay my poison meme build really needed that i guess.
Seriously these patch notes look anemic to what i was expecting, like big overhauls to traits and skills.but its just the changes for the new focus on boons over unique buffs. then some random adjustments/fixes.
Unless this is literally just a tiny preview and there is more then i wholeheartedly regret getting even remotely hyped for some sort of big shakeup.

• Like 5

On 6/24/2022 at 1:45 PM, Sandzibar.5134 said:

Druid

• Grace of the Land: Might applied on activation reduced to 1 stack for a 10-second duration in PvE only.
  • Lingering Light: Now gives passive astral force generation while not in Celestial Avatar form. While in Celestial Avatar form, grants 20% increased outgoing healing as well as 10% increased outgoing healing for 10 seconds after exiting Celestial Avatar.
  • Natural Mender: Increased outgoing healing bonus per stack from 1% to 1.5% in PvP and WvW.
  • Glyph of Unity (Celestial Avatar): Healing of tethered allies may now occur once every 0.5-second interval. Healing can now be triggered by regeneration or other healing-over-time effects on the player.
  • Ancestral Grace: Increased healing attribute scaling from 0.5 to 1.0 in PvP and WvW.

I think you guys are missing an important change to Lingering Light. It currently gives a 50% increase in outgoing healing. They are going to reduce it to a 20% increase in outgoing healing. That is a 30% nerf in outgoing healing while in Celestial Avatar state. That is significant. However, Natural Mender is being increased to 1.5% per stack, and Natural Mender is essentially maintained permanently at maximum stacks during combat because of how much healing the Druid does, so the healing decrease while in Celestial Avatar state will realistically be a 25% reduction instead of 30%. Not sure why they would go that route.

Ancestral Grace change is good.

Natural Mender change is also good and will see Druid gain a 5% increase in healing while outside of Celestial Avatar state (skills that heal always trigger a stack of Natural Mender regardless of whether or not the ally gains health and they trigger a stack for each ally affected on multi target skills. This is why Natural Mender is in practice a permanent healing buff for the duration of combat).

Grace of the Land is a pretty hefty nerf for PvE Druids.

Glyph of Unity change is technically a Nerf and Buff. The current interval is 0.25 seconds, which is being increased to 0.5 seconds. In practice I personally never saw Glyph of Unity activate more than once per second while in CA mode so I don't think it's going to actually reduce how often the glyph will activate. However, the addition of it activating with passive sources of healing, such as regeneration, is a substantial buff and will allow the glyph to more reliable heal allies. Good change.

Glyph of Unity actually already had an unlisted 1 second internal cooldown while in CA mode so the change to Glyph of Unity is a straight buff. That should make it pretty strong tbh. Good change.

They are essentially trying to push more of the healing Druid does to skills outside of Celestial Avatar mode instead of those within Celestial Avatar mode, but the mechanics of Druid don't really support that approach because the majority of the Druids healing abilities, including those that are their most powerful, are found within the Celestial Avatar state. 

Edited by Soilder.3607
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aymnad.9023 said:

General

• Spirits : It is cool to have a new role (and my first alac character in pve along with tempest). As I said when they announced the rework I am not convinced a soulbeast will be able to keep up with the group and keep the spirits alive in fractals.
  • Spotter : This trait is going to be a lot of fun for group composition. I am not sure how Vicious quarry is affected. (edit 2 : it looks like I missed the icd 😕)
  • Hunter’s tactic + vicious quarry. Cool!

I think those changes are (mostly) good in PvE. Especially for power ranger which was a bit behind other professions and would have struggled a lot to give alac and deal damage.

edit 3 : Spirits and spotter are only a minor source of buffs without the trait which is a bit sad. Also I wonder without spirits buffs and spotter how benchmarks and professions are going to be affected.

Druid :

• Grace of the land : Not much to say.
  • Lingering light : I said a few days ago that I would not try druid again unless it was as a healer (edit : in PvP). This is probably what I needed to give it a try!
  • Natural mender and staff : nice
  • Glyph of unity : I am ready to try this one! Probably not in PvE but in PvP it sounds cool.

Some of the other points are not addressed. It still has a 20s cd, you still have no support outside of CA, you still lose everything on downstate.

Suggestion : I wonder if I should make a thread for that but since the introduction of untamed I had in mind to give druid a new skill F6. This new skill would swap your glyphs between “normal” and “healing” mode at any time.

Soulbeast :

• Leader of the pack : Sad.
  • One wolf Pack : Omg that hurts! This is a massive burst nerf!

I guess the idea is to make power ranger have a smoother dps curve with the skirmishing buffs. The overall dps still seems higher but this is not going to work well in fractals (staying behind the boss is not guaranteed) and I would have hoped to see something else like a buff to allies. I hope to never see this in PvP in the future !!!

Untamed :

• Hammer buffs : ok

Buffs are always welcome. Since the preview of untamed I said that it was not meant to be a challenger for soulbeast so I am not as “disappointed” as others. I love it in open world and in PvP.

There are a bunch of bosses you cant flank in raids and strikes aswell. flanking in general is bad when most of the encounters have random aggro mechanics.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Endaris.1452 said:

Why would you run the might cat, clarion bond, and so many other things JUST to get 25 might, when you have quick draw in skirmishing (which is very useful for more healing in CA or double warhorn 5 casts)? I don't want to have to take all of this for one key boon.

It probably won't be fine, all that for might.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, aymnad.9023 said:

Soulbeast :

• Leader of the pack : Sad.
  • One wolf Pack : Omg that hurts! This is a massive burst nerf!

I guess the idea is to make power ranger have a smoother dps curve with the skirmishing buffs. The overall dps still seems higher but this is not going to work well in fractals (staying behind the boss is not guaranteed) and I would have hoped to see something else like a buff to allies. I hope to never see this in PvP in the future !!!

The nerf to OWP is not going to be more DPS at all, it's going to be a definite drop in DPS. They are giving it 20 less seconds on CD, but then increasing the interval in which the strikes can land from once every 1/4th second, to once every 1 second. <- Despite the reduced CD and slightly enhanced coefficient, 1/4th second to 1 second is going to absolutely kill the good DPS on OWP because skills like LB5 LB2 Axe5 won't be able to benefit those damage procs on every strike now.

Gonna be a big stupid drop in DPS for absolutely no reason when Power Soulbeast was mediocre benchmarking to begin with.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 12
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

-lower duration from 12s to 7,25s and ally duration from 4s to 3s.
-current number of team ticks: 112 / new number: 19 | current solo ticks: 48 / new number: 7

OWP tick 0.95=743 | team tick damage= 14 117  / solo tick damage= 5 201 

The change of 1 tick is: 18,71% | The change of team ticks is: -379,18% | The change of solo ticks is: -557,43%

The DPS difference of OWP in team: -354,18%
The DPS difference of OWP solo: -532.43%

owp was 30% of my dmg on some bosses and was barely enough to keep up with cvirtuoso. getting all hits with 1/4 interval was only a thing for a few specs. assuming 0.5sec interval would still result in a 60% owp nerf and 15% overall. and they gave us a 5% compensation mod.....

Honestly it doesnt look like you take lotp anymore or even slb at all. Back to OS i guess or even better cvirtuoso or cmech. The cd does change things only a bit on some bosses. has 0 impact on others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The nerf to OWP is not going to be more DPS at all, it's going to be a definite drop in DPS. They are giving it 20 less seconds on CD, but then increasing the interval in which the strikes can land from once every 1/4th second, to once every 1 second. <- Despite the reduced CD and slightly enhanced coefficient, 1/4th second to 1 second is going to absolutely kill the good DPS on OWP because skills like LB5 LB2 Axe5 won't be able to benefit those damage procs on every strike now.

Gonna be a big stupid drop in DPS for absolutely no reason when Power Soulbeast was mediocre benchmarking to begin with.

Show me a screenshot of lb2 proccing owp on every hit?

It only procs 5 times for me which I believe is due to the interaction between the interval and strike delay not allowing another interval till the strike has occurred, basically .5 second damage strikes. 

2 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Show me a screenshot of lb2 proccing owp on every hit?

It only procs 5 times for me which I believe is due to the interaction between the interval and strike delay not allowing another interval till the strike has occurred, basically .5 second damage strikes. 

That's kind of besides the point.

The point is that 1/4th per second going to 1 second is a massive massie loss in DPS while using Rapid Fire, Barrage, Axe 5.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That's kind of besides the point.

The point is that 1/4th per second going to 1 second is a massive massie loss in DPS while using Rapid Fire, Barrage, Axe 5.

Unless they fixed the interaction, it’s will be 1.25 second between damage strikes and its a DPS loss on everything, not just rf, barrage and axe5.

As for the cooldown reduction from 80s to 60s, it’s just anet undoing the nerf they applied to it last year when they nerfed it from 60s to 80s for doing “too much damage” Those idiots at anet have no fking idea what the fk they are even doing.

Edited by Abyssisis.3971
  • Like 5