June 28th Patch Notes : Ranger Changes

Sandzibar.5134

Well I just tested out Spotter, and it's pretty much useless. No point in taking this trait ever again.

I've also tested out OWP and Leader of the Pack, very underwhelming. I don't even need to look at ARC dps to see how badly this has been nerfed. Pretty much no point in ever taking this GM trait again, as for OWP itself? I have to say it's going to be hard to slot now itself.. unfortunately there isn't much else to pick for DPS in PvE but for PvP this sort of kills the spec. WvW it remains sorta useful, but clearly nerfed hard and when I pick it; it will be for MEH reasons more than anything else.

I haven't dug into Hammer changes yet, but what I desire in Hammer is some frikkin SMASH sound fx and sensation of IMPACT when I hit with it. Right now it feels like I'm mostly doing a baton dance.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Giovanni.7051 said:

Well I just tested out Spotter, and it's pretty much useless. No point in taking this trait ever again.

I've also tested out OWP and Leader of the Pack, very underwhelming. I don't even need to look at ARC dps to see how badly this has been nerfed. Pretty much no point in ever taking this GM trait again, as for OWP itself? I have to say it's going to be hard to slot now itself.. unfortunately there isn't much else to pick for DPS in PvE but for PvP this sort of kills the spec. WvW it remains sorta useful, but clearly nerfed hard and when I pick it; it will be for MEH reasons more than anything else.

I haven't dug into Hammer changes yet, but what I desire in Hammer is some frikkin SMASH sound fx and sensation of IMPACT when I hit with it. Right now it feels like I'm mostly doing a baton dance.

Don't run skirmishing anymore, the line is now garbage/useless. Instead take markmanship - down/down/mid. You'll be able to upkeep fury on the group, have better stuns, and 100% crit chance every so often.

EDIT: here's the build I'm using: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEY6MsMBGCThlwIxxbyrdWyyiD-zRRYQBJoG1c9lR1lQ6ZgvHEBIBwl9w9PW8bzC-e

Edited by Strider.7849
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rysdude.3824 said:

I am on travel for work so unable to download the patch. I couldnt find anything in the notes, but what was the spirit elite skill changed to?

Everything is unchanged except when traited with natures vengeance the elite doesn't give stab but instead alacrity.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DaneBlank.9346 said:

The passive boons aren't measured from the spirits (as of posting) they originate from your character and have a 600 range from you

...Wait, so that's indeed a bug? And there I thought why it didn't matter where I stood relative to spirits' location and why I always got boon ticks no matter what... Good to know.

Just gonna put this out there as I haven't seen anyone pointing it out. They managed to nerf THREE ranger elite skills in this patch.

Reduced the ally count on Glyph of the Star (stealth nerfed, but expected), while still keeping all of the clunkiness. A static channel might have been justfied with 10 targets, but it sure as hell isn't anymore.

Removed access to stability from the elite spirit.

Butchered OWP in PvE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And on top of all number nerfs etc over the years they nerfed gs auto chain hard a while back by replacing evade with a tiny bit endurance and made mecanical changes to sword sword  to something that are not usefull at all compared to what it used too be

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Reduced the ally count on Glyph of the Star (stealth nerfed, but expected), while still keeping all of the clunkiness. A static channel might have been justfied with 10 targets, but it sure as hell isn't anymore.

That's ridiculous. Why on earth would they do that? I play full heal Druid in WvW  and that was one of the only abilities I could use that other professions had no equivalent too, and even then I fully acknowledged the fact that Glyph of the Stars alone isn't enough to make Druid anywhere near meta in WvW for support.

That's a completely non-sensical change. Druid is entirely unmeta in sPvP and WvW and in PvE I don't know if Glyph of the Stars was too powerful in some raid encounter or something but why on earth would they not have done a skill split then?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Soilder.3607 said:

That's ridiculous. Why on earth would they do that? I play full heal Druid in WvW  and that was one of the only abilities I could use that other professions had no equivalent too, and even then I fully acknowledged the fact that Glyph of the Stars alone isn't enough to make Druid anywhere near meta in WvW for support.

That's a completely non-sensical change. Druid is entirely unmeta in sPvP and WvW and in PvE I don't know if Glyph of the Stars was too powerful in some raid encounter or something but why on earth would they not have done a skill split then?

Well, the reasoning is that they don't want 10-man target anywhere.

The problem is that because this is a ranger skill and not a guardian skill, they don't give two shits about compensating it for a support build that is underperforming compared to the competiton. You're of course 100 % right, this is something druid could bring in WvW to tip the scales in its favor.. not so much anymore.

As far as I know, it is a situational skill in PvE, so by no means nerf worthy.

Do I expect Anet to look into it? Not really. Because while they have acknowledged with this patch that druid is underperforming as a support in PvP and WvW with the other changes they did, I don't expect them to follow up on it. Core guardian with tempest as a lesser alternative in PvP, and FB + Scrapper in WvW. Status quo for years.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lazze.9870 said:

As far as I know, it is a situational skill in PvE, so by no means nerf worthy.

Can confirm, Stars is underwhelming in PvE except for 1 fight, Slothasaur, for 1 attack, "Coconuts", where slothasaur applies 4 sets of 50 damaging condis to everyone in the raid. Stars helped at least mitigate if not outright deal with the damage.

14 hours ago, Soilder.3607 said:

Didn't you read the leak? The person who did ranger balance doesn't even play ranger and had to look up skills on the wiki.

Edited by NazzyDragon.9127
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 9:28 PM, Strider.7849 said:

Don't run skirmishing anymore, the line is now garbage/useless. Instead take markmanship - down/down/mid. You'll be able to upkeep fury on the group, have better stuns, and 100% crit chance every so often.

EDIT: here's the build I'm using: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEY6MsMBGCThlwIxxbyrdWyyiD-zRRYQBJoG1c9lR1lQ6ZgvHEBIBwl9w9PW8bzC-e

Why not storm spirit thou? 

2 hours ago, NazzyDragon.9127 said:

Didn't you read the leak? The person who did ranger balance doesn't even play ranger and had to look up skills on the wiki.

I do understand as a person the dev have their favorites and the classes they know nothing about but I expect somebody who actually cares and know the class to take over the ranger balance. 

This situation can not be  kept up, It is clear nobody in the dev team knows anything about the class for the state of the undeveloped and the eod pets. 

Such a joke of  a team. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Why not storm spirit thou? 

I do understand as a person the dev have their favorites and the classes they know nothing about but I expect somebody who actually cares and know the class to take over the ranger balance. 

This situation can not be  kept up, It is clear nobody in the dev team knows anything about the class for the state of the undeveloped and the eod pets. 

Such a joke of  a team. 

Storm spirit has a better active for sure, the only reason I didn't personally use storm spirit is because with my trait setup you give permanent fury between pet swapping and warhorn. Secondly, the stuns/dazes are better with marksmanship, I've never really found myself to be lacking in that. 

To be honest though, you don't really need sun spirit, you could probably drop that for any other utility of choice.