Warrior Changes.

DanAlcedo.3281

completely predicted the change for banner change lol.

except the defense one i wasn't sure, except they are not giving it protection.

defense banner i can not think of any build that uses it tho.

you are giving up either bullcharge or endure pain, and frenzy pretty sure they reduced the cooldown hoping it would compete with endure pain.

a lot of competition there.

only thing i can think of right now is, running meme burst zerker, drop defense banner, pick it up, go in yolo. so at least you won't get completely destroyed by blind and weakness. but then burst zerker also need signet of fury and endure pain, so maybe defense banner will replace shake it off instead. idk how much it will help the meme build.

also another one is, maybe core war, with strength, tactic Martial Cadence and discipline heightened focus..

for a core war meme quickness glass canon axe/axe build..

or even tactic,discpline, berserker, quickness glass canon.

idk how easi it will be able to gain quickness tho, need to test

banner quickness doesnt count, as you will need pre dropping, and they didnt mention the quickness time for banner, i doubt it will matter.

but warhorn change is definitely pointless for pvp.

also increasing power for longbow? maybe they want power longbow back, but why keep adding AMMO, why!..it's lazy and barely ever work..doesnt help at all

power longbow is a relic of the past and it's skills simply does not fit into current meta games.

Overcharged Cartridges, from description alone seem like it has the potential to be one of the few warrior skills with actual decent skill ceiling, but we will see how it actually plays

Edited by felix.2386
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

Well if they pulse per 1 secs that's good I mean 2 secs pulse you get 3 secs boon, but if they pulse longer than 1 secs that's gonna be problem

At the end of the day you can't stack more than 30s duration on a boon so... Warrior won't be able to keep up any of the banner boons with the 60s CD. Whether it's 1 second or 1.5 second won't change the fact that using banners for boons is both cluncky and suboptimal.

• Like 2

They undershot the quickness durations. The banners will need to pulse quickness to be of use. Defense pulsing resistance is nice though, and since you can use Burst skills while carrying Bundles then it will be a way to cheese out Bursts on Core, Berserker, and Spellbreaker. I think their BSW buffs caused them to undershoot on the core changes.

The Bladesworn changes are interesting, but it looks like they are doubling down on TR. Though this could also be them testing a new functionality without removing the old one in preparation of removing the original part of it.

The longbow changes outside of scorched earth are interesting as well. Could be possible to hit people hard with power LB BSW with the new utility skill.

The Fury buff is exactly where we all thought it would end up. Not in the right spot for power builds, but sadly in the critical hit/condi traitline.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

Charge lol stupid, basically useless in solo play, 

example:

do you cast charge then eviscerate, when charge alone has 1/2 cast time + aftercast. which completely negate the point of quickness.

you just go eviscerate instead.

and only 2 second of quickness literally gives no more then 1-2 skill casts, 90% times you only get to cast one skill with 2 seconds in pvp environment

Having an offhand to buff eviscerate or your next arcing slice after swap was great fun and unique (+offensive support making warrior unique in pvp) 

Now we get 2 sec quickness on 20 sec cd! --and perma swiftness-- That's a joke

If you want swiftness, axe offhand gives  2 sec on 12sec cd+damage. Or are you supposed to use it to get rez/stomp banner out fast...?

Edited by Wulfhearth.7962
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

At the end of the day you can't stack more than 30s duration on a boon so... Warrior won't be able to keep up any of the banner boons with the 60s CD. Whether it's 1 second or 1.5 second won't change the fact that using banners for boons is both cluncky and suboptimal.

If I recall correctly banner Duration currently is 60 secs with 80 secs recharge, on pick up reduce the recharge by 60 secs.
I assume the new changes is 60 secs duration since they say nothing about the duration change, and the recharge changed from 80 to 60. Means the banner is perma active and the boon is perma? But we will have to see the complete patch note at 29th.

2 minutes ago, Wulfhearth.7962 said:

Having an offhand to buff eviscerate or your next arcing slice after swap was great fun and unique (+offensive support making warrior unique in pvp) 

Now we get 2 sec quickness on 20 sec cd! --and perma swiftness-- That's a joke

If you want swiftness, axe offhand gives  2 sec on 12sec cd+damage. Or are you supposed to use it to gett rez/stomp banner out faster?

yea, before it's sure, you have more cast time by using charge, but you gain more damage in return.

now it's like you have more cast time, for nothing, unless you are playing in a big group constantly stacking on each other, which is obviously not pvp

19 minutes ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Can we talk about how they did all of...whatever this is to Warrior, didn't really give it much of the sweeping changes it needs (i.e they really need to just attach Banners to the kitten backs of our characters and have them work like Scrapper Gyros that pulse the effects, which they really only halfway did that and I don't know why) but they in this very same patch go and give this kitten to Thief; Cover of Shadow: This trait fills the slot previously held by Cloaked in Shadow. Players now gain protection when entering or exiting stealth. This effect also applies to stealth granted to allies.

I mean okay...so they give Thief consistent protection uptime, but Warrior? Naw, would have been too easy to do some reworks to the fairly worthless Defense trait line. Lets just give the things Warrior needs to other classes...

I genuinely do not understand the direction they take with their balance changes.

This patch was clearly created to get rid of unique buffs (banners, spirits, etc) out of the game, so that all builds in game are more consistent across all PvE content. At the cost of sacrificing warrior in PvE, basically. Notice how they didn't really fixed any bigger issues like condition builds overperforming and so. That is simply because condi builds are way easier to play and that is what Anet wants. They want the game to be even easier for as many people as possible. Therefore, they don't care about proper and FAIR balance between professions and their specializations.

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

If I recall correctly banner Duration currently is 60 secs with 80 secs recharge, on pick up reduce the recharge by 60 secs.
I assume the new changes is 60 secs duration since they say nothing about the duration change, and the recharge changed from 80 to 60. Means the banner is perma active and the boon is perma? But we will have to see the complete patch note at 29th.

You missed the fact that picking up a banner no longer reduce the CD. Try reading again the banner part.

• Like 1

overall tho, they bringing banner down from unique to being replaceable.

yet they gave no compensation to make warrior actually more fun to play..who will still play warrior anyway now there's nothing forcing it. when warrior player number is already low with forced banner slave.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, felix.2386 said:

yea, before it's sure, you have more cast time by using charge, but you gain more damage in return.

now it's like you have more cast time, for nothing, unless you are playing in a big group constantly stacking on each other, which is obviously not pvp

Clearly anet doesn't care about pvp, only boon support in "competitive pve" where players compete for party slots to bash on loot pinatas with 100% uptime of all boons, lol

And even there i doubt warrior will get anywhere close to anets favorite child firebrand so why bother and ruin stuff for other gamemodes?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Erick Alastor.3917 said:

I like some of the changes, because I like being able to qdps (or who knows we may even attempt to healwar), but the way you have to use the banner now? 
Pick up? What?
I thougth we moved away from that for a reason.

Yeah, I really don't know why they only halfway made the necessary change to Banners. So it pulses boons, can be picked up and moved and still pulses boons while being held...why not just attach it to the character when the skill is used like Gyros on Scrapper? I don't understand.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

You missed the fact that picking up a banner no longer reduce the CD. Try reading again the banner part.

I didn't miss it it's just line up perfectly now without picking. Right now the moment you drop Banner the Cooldown starts, which I assume later will be the same as soon as you drop banner 60 secs CD counting down and the banner duration is 60 secs, which mean as soon as banner expire you can drop banner again and start the boon.

Just now, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Yeah, I really don't know why they only halfway made the necessary change to Banners. So it pulses boons, can be picked up and moved and still pulses boons while being held...why not just attach it to the character when the skill is used like Gyros on Scrapper? I don't understand.

that would have been to good for warrior

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

because they are not allowed to give warrior anything good, everything need to be a shaved down version.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1

You know what I like about this patch? 

Overcharged Cartridges

You know why I like it?

The confused emoji is the cherry on the top. DELISH! It pays to consider the intent of how Anet wants the game to work if you are going to think about suggesting changes to it. 

Not enough info from the banner to know how much quickness you get from them, though I think my concern we will have to piece together multiple effects to get 100% team uptime is looking very real. I GUESS they are more mobile, but the still seems the pick up/put down mechanics have little value. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You know what I like about this patch? 

Overcharged Cartridges

You know why I like it?

It pays to consider the intent of how Anet wants the game to work if you are going to think about suggesting changes to it. 

Woah, you're smart. Amazing! Can you teach me sempai?

That aside, Overcharged Cartridges does sound fun to try out and play around with. A dmg buff that can be turned into cc/breakbar dmg on demand is pretty creative. 

Detonate Cartridges sounds too similar to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wild_Blow

LOLOL. 80% of the chance it will be useless in pvp

including Overcharged Cartridges 

as it sounds just like a simple damage buff like any other utility (frenzy, signet of might, etc, without the stunbreak/unblockable parts)

also all these aoe quickness, banner, grand master tactic traits, warhorn combined

can not compete with a single harb grand master trait in pvp.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

Detonate Cartridges sounds too similar to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wild_Blow

LOLOL. 80% of the chance it will be useless in pvp

including Overcharged Cartridges 

as it sounds just like a simple damage buff like any other utility (frenzy, signet of might, etc, without the stunbreak/unblockable parts)

i am sorry to tell you but there were zero new maps for pvp with eod, no new runes, no new amulets, no new gamemodes. That might be an indicator that anet does not really care about pvp at all 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As expected, Arenanet successfully moved even closer to their apparent goal of making noone wanting Warrior in organized group play anymore.

Banner effects were the only thing Warrior had left going for it, so I'm not surprised in the slightest that they are gone now.

I guess that will open up a slot for one more Guardian in group play.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Well yeah, they still have to buff those BsW numbers.  I mean only 1/3 of the warriors out there are using the new shiny spec.  FYI for those that like to say that 1/3 of the warriors out there are running BsW so it's not a failed spec 2 out of 6 is also 1/3, so if the denominator is also a small number it's easy to get 1/3.

Sure ... and the whole point of that discussion was to illustrate that the data SOMEONE ELSE was using to make a point wasn't relevant in the first place. The point that few people play warrior is COMPLETELY separate from the point of how many warriors use BsW.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Ferus.3165 said:

i am sorry to tell you but there were zero new maps for pvp with eod, no new runes, no new amulets, no new gamemodes. That might be an indicator that anet does not really care about pvp at all 🙂

and it doesnt even seem to be a fun pve utility either.

so it's just gonna replace signet of fury and just buff gunsaber damage, because gunsaber does negative DPS.

it's just another self buff utility and warrior already have a million of those, and one of the reason warrior is the lowest populated class in modern time.

when will warrior get some actual real utility

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Sure ... and the whole point of that discussion was to illustrate that the data SOMEONE ELSE was using to make a point wasn't relevant in the first place. The point that few people play warrior is COMPLETELY separate from the point of how many warriors use BsW.

How much do you get paid to try to convince people they're not having fun because they're playing their class wrong, Obtena?

• Like 5