Warrior Changes.

DanAlcedo.3281

38 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Sure, but here is the problem ... things 'not working out for warrior class' doesn't mean Anet are going to decide to relinquish their job as class designer over to some lobbyist faction of players to tell them what to do. That doesn't work either; there is no guarantee that's any better. Whether what Anet does works or not, THAT is the version we get in the game, because that's the business side decision making. Customers simply DON'T dictate to companies how they have to do things.

If we want to influence class design, we work within the framework THEY have, not the one we want to impose on them. We don't get to tell them how to run their business. 

Oh this is great! So, basically work within Anet's limitations and shut up. See, you could've just said THAT and save yourself paragraphs of "reasoning". That's what you're looking to gain here: steer and influence people toward the company line by repeating the company line. But here's the thing: You KNOW that line is not going to fly here. We OPPOSE the current framework, that is the entire point of our grievance. Nothing you say will get us to "agree" to it. (You're welcome to keep trying!) I suppose it never crossed your mind that the current framework itself is the problem?

By the way, that same Anet overhauled different aspects of the game many times through gw2's history, even profession design. (not that it would be acknowledged). gw2 from 2012 is very different from gw2 in 2022.

"Customers simply DON'T dictate to companies how they have to do things." -- Yet companies can dictate to the rest of society about they should buy (marketing, PR, etc) as well as public policy? (military-industrial complex). Cool. 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

Im still super dissapointed in the fact that pistol was not made mainhand for bladesworn, this is holding back what bladesworn could be/should be. This would have amazing synergy with the suggested warhorn changes, allowing for that mid range supporter, providing boons and chipping away from the mid range before being the opportunist of diving in with a burst when the time is right, this is what the bladesworn was meant to do right? Picking the right time to burst, kinda tricky to do when you're stuck in the middle of AoE's and blind/daze spam at close range, range changes this.

Maybe on the next patch huh? Or must we puff copium till we start to believe it will change?

I'll be huffing the copium till my dual pistol bladesworn is made a reality!

Charge: This skill no longer grants allies increased damage on their next two attacks. Instead, they grant 2 seconds of quickness to allies. Cooldown increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds. Swiftness duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.

Warrior does not have a support focused mainhand weapon, which is why the offhand needs to do all of the lifting and this is not going to cut it. Quickness duration is too short and it needs an additional support effect, maybe 1 stack of stability (4 sec). [Not ideal since stability is something you want to get on demand.]

Banners no longer provide attribute bonuses to allies. Instead, quickness is granted to allies in the area when the warrior uses the banner skill, and then the banner will continue to pulse boons to nearby allies for the remainder of its duration. Each banner provides a different boon, as follows:

• Banner of Defense: Resistance for 1 second
  • Banner of Discipline: Fury for 1 second
  • Banner of Strength: Might for 5 seconds
  • Banner of Tactics: Regeneration for 1 second

What is the base duration for quickness? Is the pulse interval still 3 seconds? Regardless 1 second application of fury and regeneration is simply never going to look impressive, bit of a different story for resistance.

Picking up a banner no longer reduces the recharge time of the skill. Instead, they can be carried around and dropped to reposition them. Picking up a banner does not grant the warrior additional skills, but they will continue to pulse their associated boons when picked up. The delay before you can pick up a dropped banner has been increased from 1 second to 3 seconds.

This sounds like the primary enemy quickwarrior support builds will have to fight are going to be the mechanics of their own skills. Perhaps it will play much better then expected but I am certainly not betting on it.

• All Banners (except Battle Standard): Recharge time reduced from 80 seconds to 60 seconds.
  • Battle Standard: Recharge time reduced from 180 seconds to 120 seconds. Reduced base duration of pulsing boons applied by this banner as follows:
    • Might: Reduced from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.
    • Fury: Reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second.
    • Swiftness: Reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second.

I assume banner duration is still at 60 seconds? Not sure who decided that Battle Standard is especially busted with it's assortment of premium boons, but fine.

Doubled Standards: This trait now increases the duration of all boons applied by banners by 50%.

This looks like it is going to be mandatory for boon warrior and it remains in the discipline specialization? It belongs in tactics. Fill the empty slot with something that increases critical strike chance and roll destruction of the empowered into it.

• Scorched Earth: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.5 to 0.35 in WvW only.
  • Fan of Fire: Increased power coefficient per strike from 0.39 to 0.44 in PvP and WvW.
  • Arcing Arrow: Increased ammunition count from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW.
  • Pin Down: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Power coefficient nerfs on the primal burst, but buffs in general? I'll take it.

Frenzy: Reduced cooldown from 45 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Okay.

Signet of Rage: Clarified in the description that the passive adrenaline gain only applies in combat.

Good.

Furious Burst: Now also increases the critical chance from Fury by 5%.

Builds that care about critical hit chance do not pick arms, at least not in the last 8 years. While thematically appropriate the effect is practically pointless in this specialization.

Vigorous Shouts: Increased healing attribute scaling from 1.2 to 1.32 in WvW only. Increased healing attribute scaling from 0.75 to 1.0 in PvP only.

Okay.

• Breaching Strike: Increased power coefficient from 0.9 to 1.2 in PvP and WvW.
  • Aura Slicer: Increased power coefficient from 1.2 to 1.32 in PvP and WvW.
  • Bladestorm: Increased power coefficient per strike from 0.235 to 0.28 in PvP and WvW.
  • Featherfoot Grace: Reduced cooldown from 45 seconds to 35 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Good.

• Electric Fence: This skill now blocks projectiles in addition to its other effects.
  • Bulletproof Barrier: This skill has been removed and replaced by Overcharged Cartridges.
  • Overcharged Cartridges: Using this skill makes your next five Explosion attacks deal 15% more damage. Using the skill again while you still have charges triggers Detonate Cartridges.
  • Detonate Cartridges: Using Overcharged Cartridges a second time consumes all remaining charges to cause an explosion in front of the bladesworn that launches enemies. The radius of this skill scales based on the number of charges consumed.
  • Dragonspike Mine: Reduced the distance moved by 66%. Reduced the total duration of the skill by 33%. The mine is now planted at the bladesworn's initial location rather than midway through the skill, and it explodes after 3 seconds even when not triggered. This skill now counts as an Explosion skill. Damage increased by 250% in PvE only. Cooldown reduced from 35 seconds to 20 seconds in PvE only.
  • Dragon Slash—Reach: Increased projectile size by 67%. This skill now strikes targets more accurately in relation to the width and height of the visual projectile. The projectile is now unblockable.
  • Tactical Reload: In addition to its previous effects, this skill now also causes the next Dragon Trigger used to gain charges more quickly.
  • Daring Dragon: In addition to its previous effects, this trait also causes Tactical Reload to affect Dragon Trigger for the duration of the effect instead of just affecting the next Dragon Trigger.
  • Lush Forest: Fixed an issue the prevented several skills from having their cooldowns properly reduced by this trait.

Sounds great. While I personally perceive bladesworn gameplay to be undiluted anti-fun I expect people who like the elite specialization to appreciate these changes.

• Empower Allies: This trait has been reworked. It now grants might to allies while in combat, applying 5 stacks of might with a 10-second duration on a 10-second interval.
  • Martial Cadence: This trait no longer reduces the recharge on weapon skills. It now causes Soldier's Focus to grant allies 3 seconds of quickness in addition to its other effects.

I would prefer for empower allies (and all the other aura type traits) to pulse on a 5-second interval instead, you can always cut the boon duration in half to compensate. Looks like a decent trait overall.

Martial Cadence sounds underwhelming, even though it gives a better impression than charge or banners, which pretty much says everything about quickness warrior builds. I am getting serious flashbacks to the early days of quickness scrapper here.

• Like 1

Stop giving Anet money. They hate you (especially if you're a "toxic" warrior) The game is destined to die. The fact that they have 2 300 CD cooldowns on one line (Defense) for over 2 1/2 years where NO other class has a 300 CD cooldown on any skill or trait shows you that they have no idea what they are doing.

Edited by Mazdan.2071
  • Like 1

Anet should rework banner to become an elite trait , instead of Bladesworn while EoD was introduced.

This banner trait line allows banner to be hold as a weapon without dropping down and picking up problem. If you don’t have this trait line, banners are summoned as usual.

1 hour ago, Mazdan.2071 said:

Stop giving Anet money. They hate you (especially if you're a "toxic" warrior) The game is destined to die. The fact that they have 2 300 CD cooldowns on one line (Defense) for over 2 1/2 years where NO other class has a 300 CD cooldown on any skill or trait shows you that they have no idea what they are doing.

To be fair there are other class who get some 300 CD I think ele got any? this 300 CD is for wvw/pvp though but yeah they conveniently forget about it.

• Picking up a banner no longer reduces the recharge time of the skill. Instead, they can be carried around and dropped to reposition them. Picking up a banner does not grant the warrior additional skills, but they will continue to pulse their associated boons when picked up. The delay before you can pick up a dropped banner has been increased from 1 second to 3 seconds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This !!! This is what makes us become the "Bannerslave" in it truest sense.

Now in big scale WvW fight we can truely deliver the cheer and encouragement to the brave souls on the frontline "FROM THE BACKLINE 💩".

But wait....only us who summoned the banners can pick it up right ? The legend said that in the old days where mighty warriors roamed Tyria they can picked up banner from each others in turn given them ultimate power to smack the kitten out of everything 🤪.

7 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

"How dare you give me feedback on how I can make minor improvements to better sell my product to you. I didn't even pay you to do that."

"Now buy this thing I made that is not at all what you want."

"...What do you mean, 'no'? "

I mean... "minor". War is like 1/9 of what you can play in the game... And its essentially gone at this point.

Edited by Hotride.2187

Most of these changes are outright nerfs.

The banners are direct nerfs to warriors and its a 1 sec cmon i bet mesmers can do a few seconds more than that really ANET?

Guess its time for reroll for warrior mains cause this sucks.

23 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Most of these changes are outright nerfs.

The banners are direct nerfs to warriors and its a 1 sec cmon i bet mesmers can do a few seconds more than that really ANET?

Guess its time for reroll for warrior mains cause this sucks.

You still got another option to leave the game as well, I mean I literally left and playing Warrior on Lost Ark, way much better warrior than here. Maybe playing warrior on other game won't be bad idea.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

You still got another option to leave the game as well, I mean I literally left and playing Warrior on Lost Ark, way much better warrior than here. Maybe playing warrior on other game won't be bad idea.

Could try world of warcraft as well, they allow warrs to be successfull and destroy folks well in pvp as well.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

They wont give you a reliable source of alacrity and quickness in the same build. Oddly rev is kind of going to be able to provide both with tablet and dragon stance but the alacrity on tablet has always been terrible, and fixating on the tablet heal too long will cause the quickness to fall off so it probably works for now. Protection and or resolution i could get behind though. 

Alacrity on tablet rev will be removed.

And herald wont get perma quickness eihter.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

6 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Could try world of warcraft as well, they allow warrs to be successfull and destroy folks well in pvp as well.

The only reason to play WoW honestly. But you gotta do so much BS to get to play pvp, no ty.

Edited by Hotride.2187

28 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

The only reason to play WoW honestly. But you gotta do so much BS to get to play pvp, no ty.

Allegedly, it's supposed to become better with the upcoming expansion.

I won't hold my hand in fire though, it's still Blizzard.

I can understand that unique buffs provide challenges across the board for balancing. Multiple other MMOs face these issues to certain degrees, some may opt for public test servers to get a customer facing side opinion and data on the changes, others might opt to spend a lot of time internally testing to see if the changes make the balancing neutral, a loss or a gain as intended.

I did not think Warrior was in need of a nerf, this is by all accounts a objective nerf when you get down to it. If Anet wanted to get rid of banners, they needed to bring up other common skills in PvE that Warriors would use in tandem with these changes, so the net result is that Warriors are more selfishly damaging as compensation.

I do not believe this happened to as far of an extent as needed. It could even be things that allow for skillful gameplay, such as making Axe 5 ramp up in damage per hit as you channel it without interruption or dodging. Just a casual thought.

This is certainly a new low for Warriors without a major gain. I think everyone should be aware of how this will play out in serious content.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Spell breaker buffs make me happy.

Anyone know if when you pick up a banner, you just have no skills at all, or it now pulses the boons around you? I’m hoping it’s the latter, but it’s most likely the former, no?

Pretty sure they said that you can pick them up while still pulsing boons but you dont have any weapon skills. I dont know how that is supposed to be good? You can only carry one banner.

1 hour ago, Axl.8924 said:

I never go like far in WoW in term of warrior I just play the MoP and raid, not enough PvP to be able to say anything.

However put that aside, I just want to say Warrior in WoW got WAY BETTER design like the fury is a lot of skill spam feels like berserker, arms is slow but hitting like truck, protection is sturdy tank.

In the meantime berserker here is burning enemy with condi (I know zerk here is both condi and power but still). Spellbreaker does it even break spell anymore after all of those nerf? Bladesworn actually is just fun class as in if you love the iaijutsu move but that's it, damage wise or anything I think still lackluster.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Somebody leaked the private discord chat with the devs over on the PvP section...

Not going to repost the link, but you all should go read through it while it is still up on the forums.

Any interesting parts about warrior to share? I am now even more disgusted, after brief look at some of those snippets. Geeez this is so weird...

Edited by cryorion.9532

8 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It'd be dual MELEE pistols anyway. And they'd be single target with no way to get pierce, 'cause it's Warrior.

Yeah and I'll be sad but at least I'll be able to get some neat screenshots. Bladesworn honestly needs a ranged option because holy kitten standing in the middle of AOE death zones while loading the gunsaber makes no gaht dang sense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

Any interesting parts about warrior to share? I am now even more disgusted, after brief look at some of those snippets. Geeez this is so weird...

That's just the problem. The warrior channel section was devoid of developer interaction and the only real mention from them about warrior balance was about the shite banner rework.