Rocket Mech incoming

Kuma.1503

Tried the rifle a bit with mecha in PvP - since I used to play core engineer with rifle. It is fun. Need a bit time to get used to the swapped skills ( 2 and 3) and that I have changed a bit my utility skills. Can see core being fun and mecha + rifle in open world and 5 vs. 5 conquest. Don't think I'd combine the rifle with any of the other elite specs. Also the "fun" mini season (not "real" PvP): In the death matches I think I might prefer the mace and shield and my condition build - to have more options for staying alive when everyone hunts you cause not enough other targets as compared to the 5 vs. 5.

But the sound of the rifle is nice. More often - with the rifle burst instead of single shots. The rocket/ranged mech ... I don't know. If I make the mech ranged I'd want to go melee myself again. With wanting to play the rifle I want the mech in melee.

Let's see how quickly they make changes again. Noticed the tooltip of the mech showing +25 more crit chance in PvE lobby when that one trait (ranged attack one) according to tooltip says +5 percent. And the cooldown does not seem to reduce I think (at least according to tooltip) - for the one trait that got changed to reduce mech skill cooldowns.

Edited by Luthan.5236

On 6/24/2022 at 1:30 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

And then die to 🍔, BUT UNTIL THEN...! It will be... GRAND...

Try using rocket boots on the Hamburglars.

Science has shown that the last thing hamburglars want in their hamburglar burgers is someone else's foot fungus. 

I recommend wearing shoes because apparently that makes it worse somehow.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Try using rocket boots on the Hamburglars.

Science has shown that the last thing hamburglars want in their hamburglar burgers is someone else's foot fungus. 

I recommend wearing shoes because apparently that makes it worse somehow.

I like this plan. Roamer rifle.  I'll make it to top #15 in no time. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Yes... It's spreading! Our Orbital Strikes will Light up the Sky. 

Hey Anet, mind not hotfix nerfing this until after July 4th? Let us enjoy the fireworks 😉

Orbital Strike and the related trait have an ICD so the increased number of hits is sadly not proportionally increasing the number of Orbital Strikes.

Also, there is nothing to be "fixed" here except for maybe some animations and peoples poor understanding of how little this rework actually impacted the performance of that skill.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Orbital Strike and the related trait have an ICD so the increased number of hits is sadly not proportionally increasing the number of Orbital Strikes.

Also, there is nothing to be "fixed" here except for maybe some animations and peoples poor understanding of how little this rework actually impacted the performance of that skill.

Jade Mech can proc A-AR so it's possible to have 2 Oribital Strikes come down at once. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Let's see how quickly they make changes again. Noticed the tooltip of the mech showing +25 more crit chance in PvE lobby when that one trait (ranged attack one) according to tooltip says +5 percent. And the cooldown does not seem to reduce I think (at least according to tooltip) - for the one trait that got changed to reduce mech skill cooldowns.

well the patch notes said the ranged attack mech was supposed to gain 25% bonus crit chance so maybe it's a typo