Necromancer Patch Notes (June 28th)

KrHome.1920

Power harbingers, whose damage was already divided by 2 in april 1st (nice joke btw anet) without anything being given as a compensation, had their damage divided by 2 again with this dumpster of a patch: you MUST use assassin amulet + deathly haste (instead zerker runes + cascading corruption) if you want to be around critcap.

When it's condi harbingers everyone cries about... just lol @ this balance team

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Jijimuge.4675 said:

It's a +15% modifier to your total crit damage whilst in shroud, much in the same way as traits like "Superiority Complex" (mesmer) or "Twin Fangs" (thief) affect damage of crits.  Its effect is multiplicative, rather than additive.  Its effect won't show on the character sheet - even in shroud.

You can see some of the other (fairly few) ones at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Critical_Damage

Who gives a rat's kitten about some lousy +15% multiplicative modifier when you're forced to give up on zerker runes as well as a +power GM to have a reliable critrate?

• Confused 2

I just mad a quick check, probably not 100% valid and probably there are ways to compensate by changing runes / sigils. I run for a while Mukluk's low intensity reaper build. It is made to stay mostly in shroud and and gain dmg from Death Perceptions. I can't do intense rotations and have the required situational awareness at the same time. With this build i was for instance able to deliver reasonable dmg while executing required mechanics on Boneskinner.

Results for me on the Training Area Golem:

- solo mode (no extra stats to golem, no extra boons to self) -30% dps

- group mode (all stats to golem, all boons to me) -20% dps

Maybe i made some mistakes in executing the test, however, this is so easy, i don't believe this.

Build referenced: Low Intensity Reaper Guide: Insane Damage Even Solo! - YouTube

Any suggestions how to improve dps after patch? - Runes/Sigils/Build 

Edited by Sevetamryn.2974

4 hours ago, Sevetamryn.2974 said:

It is made to stay mostly in shroud

It isn't. You want to be 50% in shroud and 50% out of shroud with the build. A proper management of soul barb buff is important.

After the patch your build is at 90% crit chance, just replace the amulet and your 2 rings by assassin trinkets and you'll be back at 100% crit.

8 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

It isn't. You want to be 50% in shroud and 50% out of shroud with the build. ....

Please listen to the video referenced, especialy at 2:36 "The name of the game is to be in shroud as long as possible and when out of shroud, to go back as fast as possible" - this is not a top DPS build / play, this is a LI build / play! - however, i will check what i can do in this direction / improve my skill usage.

Thanks for the hint with assassin trinkets, this should be easy going for me, especially as i have the legendary amulet.