I personally would play alliances even if the queue bug goes unfixed

Speaking only for myself, I would be interested in playing alliances even if the queue bug never gets fixed. I know it's frustrating, but if my choice is between having alliances with the queue bug and having to wait an unknown amount of time, I would rather have them WITH the queue bug. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/24/2022 at 8:52 PM, bigmouse.2163 said:

Speaking only for myself, I would be interested in playing alliances even if the queue bug never gets fixed. I know it's frustrating, but if my choice is between having alliances with the queue bug and having to wait an unknown amount of time, I would rather have them WITH the queue bug. 

I think you speak for everyone.

The queue bug should, of course, get fixed some time (especially if it interferes with beta team placement) but that goes for every larger bug in WvW that Anet has been in no rush to fix (like being able to leap into objectives). Whatever priority it has been given is neither logical nore explained well.

There is no reason for the queue bug to hold back all progress on the larger Alliance project, additional beta tests even if some people are not perfectly included in the tests or further keep it behind whatever vague schedule, which is what Anet either tries to imply (using the bug) or are simply not communicating well.

That's why I wasn't over moon about the new WvW devblog. It still says nothing about progression on the project as a whole. It also implies more of the same old Anet bait-and-switch, of resources getting pulled or resources not being allocated when commitments are made, than it says anything about what commitments or progress have been made. There was never any reason for design to wait for programming or for programming to wait for design. The only time they bottleneck is when they intersect and if you manage workflow by pulling resources and having them wait when there is no reason to they will just end up bottlenecking more.

So if you look at Floyd's two pieces of communication so far: Other things may stand out for other people, but what stands out for me is the lines that indicate that he was hired, finished orientation when commitments were made but was put to work elsewhere until now, while what is being presented looks only conceptual at this stage.  Even if we just go by communication over the past year with the new leadership, that's not new Anet, that's old Anet. Still pulling resources, bait-and-switch and communicating poorly.

Nevermind the Alliance project, if the company continues to only allocate resources for PvP on an occassional whatever we can spare at a time basis: Then PvP as a whole will never have the resources to succeed in this game. That has to stop for all the underlying problems to stop. Anet keeps claiming that is going to stop, but it never does. What remains to be seen is what happens when the facade crumbles. Do GW2/Anet need PvP to survive or not?

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

I sort of wish they would change the rules for joining at reset or anytime. Log in, select which map you want to join, queue up and grab a number!

1) There is no need for thousands of people to spam the gate at 10:03 and pray the anet gods let them into the game. It sucks that you can login 1hr - 30 mins before reset. Wait at the gate while you see more and more people show up. Score clears out, resets, gate opens & you hit the button to join and nothing happens, it glitches out for you and you get stuck in a 38 person queue.

2) If that's not bad enough, since its reset you get to wait an 1hr+. Slowly it ticks down you're sitting at number 4... maybe 30mins later and if the client dc's you from the game there is no saved seat for you when you logback in 5 seconds later and are thrown at the back of the line at number 33. There must be a way to detect if someone logs out vs getting interrupted/ dc'd. I mean the game gives you a message so they must know you didn't log off. It'd be nice if there was a small window/ saved seat if you can log back in quickly. (sort of like if you get dc'd from story you don't have to redo the entire thing/thrown at the back of the line)

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Sad 1