06-28 Patch Notes...

Paradoxoglanis.1904

Elementalist:

• FGS target cap nerf.
  • Fury uptime nerf - Raging Storm: Increased fury duration to 4 seconds. This skill now applies to up to 5 allied targets within a range of 360. Increased internal cooldown to 8 seconds.
  • Staff buffed in the most useless way, why bother with power coefficients if you just want to make it a support weapon? This is the first time staff has been touched in like 6 years outside of meteor and lava font nerfs, and this is what you think the weapon needs?
  • Deploy Jade Sphere (Air): The default boon applied by the sphere while in air attunement has been changed from quickness to fury in PvE only. It still provides quickness by default in PvP and WvW. 
  • Spectacular Sphere: This trait now also increases the radius of Deploy Jade Sphere from 240 to 360 in all game modes. In PvE only, it causes Deploy Jade Sphere in air attunement to additionally provide quickness and reduces all outgoing damage dealt by 10%. ??? Reduces all outgoing damage???????
  • Additional hammer dps nerfs...

LOL what is going on anet???? All I can do at this point is laugh... 0/10 patch notes.

Engineer:

Some weird heal changes but mostly just mech QOL.

Guardian:

Signet buffs... guards in pvp potentially become tankier and become even better supports in pve/wvw.

Flowing Resolve: Reduced ammunition count from 2 to 1 in PvP only. Really??? Thats it???

Mesmer:

How far chrono has fallen. Sad day when what used to be a skillful role is now just a passive trait on another class.

Necromancer:

• Locust Swarm: This skill now heals nearby allies around the necromancer based on the number of enemies hit, in addition to its previous effects.

Yes lets make pvp/wvw necro even tankier, great idea /s.

• Nightfall: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Grasping Darkness: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • "Your Soul Is Mine!": Increased base heal from 4,555 to 6,174 in PvP and WvW. Increased base life force generation from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW.
  • "You Are All Weaklings!": Increased weakness duration from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased base might stacks from 5 to 8 in PvP and WvW.
  • "Chilled to the Bone!": Reduced cooldown from 75 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Are you kittening serious....

• Elixirs: All elixirs now use normal projectile targeting underwater, instead of using ground targeting.
  • Elixir of Ambition: Reduced might stacks from 25 to 10 in PvP only.

Really???? Thats it???? Jesus christ anet...

Ranger:

• Spirit skills now affect 5 allied targets.
  • Spirits no longer apply effects when an ally in the radius strikes an enemy. Instead, each spirit applies a boon to allied targets in the radius at each 3-second interval. The Nature's Vengeance trait increases the base duration of these boons by 50% and causes spirits' activated skills to apply alacrity to allies in an area.

Spirits and their applied boons are as follows:

• Water Spirit: Regeneration
  • Sun Spirit: Vigor
  • Storm Spirit: Fury
  • Stone Spirit: Protection
  • Frost Spirit: Might

So.... no unique group buffs from spirits, only boons? I guess everyone is supposed to play FB and mechanist and never have any reason to play druid. Also did you just forget that FB Ashes of the Just exists? I guess guards deserve unique group dps buffs but no one else does.

Revenant:

Ventari rev buffs, ok... About time for pve support rev, but I guess you regret the bunker rev nerfs in pvp and wanted to create something even more degenerate.

• Draconic Echo: This trait now grants 1.5 seconds of quickness to allies when the revenant uses a consume skill, in addition to its previous effects.

Also I guess shiro herald was out of the pvp meta for too long, time to start buffing it again.

• Energy Meld: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Balance in Discord: Reduced base heal from 1,162 to 810 in PvP only.

Really??? Thats it???

Thief:

• Hide in Shadows: Reduced cooldown from 40 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Blinding Powder: Reduced cooldown from 50 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only.
  • Shadow Refuge: Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 48 seconds in PvP and WvW.

LOL make up your mind...

• Concealing Restoration: This trait has been removed and replaced by Merciful Ambush.
  • Merciful Ambush: This trait has been moved to adept minor and now heals when entering or exiting stealth instead of applying a pulse heal upon entering stealth.
  • Shielding Restoration: This trait fills the slot previously held by Merciful Ambush. It grants barrier to nearby allies after using a healing skill.
  • Shadow's Embrace: This trait now removes a damaging condition when entering or exiting stealth instead of at every interval while in stealth. This effect also applies to stealth granted to allies.
  • Hidden Thief: This trait has been reworked. Stealing now inflicts blindness, and stealth attacks now inflict weakness.
  • Meld with Shadows: This trait has been reworked. Players now gain Superspeed when entering or exiting stealth.
  • Leeching Venoms: This trait now grants stacks of Spider Venom when entering or exiting stealth instead of every interval while in stealth.
  • Flickering Shadows: This trait has been removed and replaced by Cloaked in Shadow.
  • Cover of Shadow: This trait fills the slot previously held by Cloaked in Shadow. Players now gain protection when entering or exiting stealth. This effect also applies to stealth granted to allies.
  • Shadow's Rejuvenation: This trait no longer grants healing or initiative while in stealth and instead grants initiative when entering or exiting stealth.
  • Rending Shade: Increased the number of boons stolen from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW.

I swear to god if you have made SA thief meta in pvp again...

• Traversing Dusk: Reduced base shadow force gain from 5% to 3% in PvP only.

Really??? Thats it???

Warrior:

Picking up a banner no longer reduces the recharge time of the skill. Instead, they can be carried around and dropped to reposition them. Picking up a banner does not grant the warrior additional skills, but they will continue to pulse their associated boons when picked up. The delay before you can pick up a dropped banner has been increased from 1 second to 3 seconds.

Finally I can re-live my dream of carrying a banner around and letting everyone else kill stuff for me.

Longbow buffs are a good start for pvp and wvw, warrior has other weapons too...

No Bladesworn sustain nerfs....

Overall 2/10 nice try but not really.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I believe you misunderstand the warrior banner change here. When they say you don’t get any additional skills, they are probably saying that you get to keep your weapon skills, while holding the banner.

won’t find out for sure how it works until patch day…but if it does work that way that is a major win over it’s previous incarnation. 

also according to the wording here, there is a 3 second cool-down on picking up banners. It implies that someone can carry and pulse multiple boons by holding multiple banners.

a 3 second cooldown on pickup automatically renders this terrible for WvW if you have more than 1 banner…so I think with some rational discourse here…one should ask anet to just get rid of the ICD, and put some other functionality for placing banners down on the ground verses holding them…that way we could introduce some more variety to banner builds.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

I believe you misunderstand the warrior banner change here. When they say you don’t get any additional skills, they are probably saying that you get to keep your weapon skills, while holding the banner.

To me, it sounds more like that Banners will become be a bundle that replaces your weapons, but it won't have any abilities.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Elementalist:

• FGS target cap nerf.
  • Fury uptime nerf - Raging Storm: Increased fury duration to 4 seconds. This skill now applies to up to 5 allied targets within a range of 360. Increased internal cooldown to 8 seconds.
  • Staff buffed in the most useless way, why bother with power coefficients if you just want to make it a support weapon? This is the first time staff has been touched in like 6 years outside of meteor and lava font nerfs, and this is what you think the weapon needs?
  • Deploy Jade Sphere (Air): The default boon applied by the sphere while in air attunement has been changed from quickness to fury in PvE only. It still provides quickness by default in PvP and WvW. 
  • Spectacular Sphere: This trait now also increases the radius of Deploy Jade Sphere from 240 to 360 in all game modes. In PvE only, it causes Deploy Jade Sphere in air attunement to additionally provide quickness and reduces all outgoing damage dealt by 10%. ??? Reduces all outgoing damage???????
  • Additional hammer dps nerfs...

LOL what is going on anet???? All I can do at this point is laugh... 0/10 patch notes.

Engineer:

Some weird heal changes but mostly just mech QOL.

Guardian:

Signet buffs... guards in pvp potentially become tankier and become even better supports in pve/wvw.

Flowing Resolve: Reduced ammunition count from 2 to 1 in PvP only. Really??? Thats it???

Mesmer:

How far chrono has fallen. Sad day when what used to be a skillful role is now just a passive trait on another class.

Necromancer:

• Locust Swarm: This skill now heals nearby allies around the necromancer based on the number of enemies hit, in addition to its previous effects.

Yes lets make pvp/wvw necro even tankier, great idea /s.

• Nightfall: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Grasping Darkness: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • "Your Soul Is Mine!": Increased base heal from 4,555 to 6,174 in PvP and WvW. Increased base life force generation from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW.
  • "You Are All Weaklings!": Increased weakness duration from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased base might stacks from 5 to 8 in PvP and WvW.
  • "Chilled to the Bone!": Reduced cooldown from 75 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Are you kittening serious....

• Elixirs: All elixirs now use normal projectile targeting underwater, instead of using ground targeting.
  • Elixir of Ambition: Reduced might stacks from 25 to 10 in PvP only.

Really???? Thats it???? Jesus christ anet...

Ranger:

• Spirit skills now affect 5 allied targets.
  • Spirits no longer apply effects when an ally in the radius strikes an enemy. Instead, each spirit applies a boon to allied targets in the radius at each 3-second interval. The Nature's Vengeance trait increases the base duration of these boons by 50% and causes spirits' activated skills to apply alacrity to allies in an area.

Spirits and their applied boons are as follows:

• Water Spirit: Regeneration
  • Sun Spirit: Vigor
  • Storm Spirit: Fury
  • Stone Spirit: Protection
  • Frost Spirit: Might

So.... no unique group buffs from spirits, only boons? I guess everyone is supposed to play FB and mechanist and never have any reason to play druid. Also did you just forget that FB Ashes of the Just exists? I guess guards deserve unique group dps buffs but no one else does.

Revenant:

Ventari rev buffs, ok... About time for pve support rev, but I guess you regret the bunker rev nerfs in pvp and wanted to create something even more degenerate.

• Draconic Echo: This trait now grants 1.5 seconds of quickness to allies when the revenant uses a consume skill, in addition to its previous effects.

Also I guess shiro herald was out of the pvp meta for too long, time to start buffing it again.

• Energy Meld: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Balance in Discord: Reduced base heal from 1,162 to 810 in PvP only.

Really??? Thats it???

Thief:

• Hide in Shadows: Reduced cooldown from 40 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Blinding Powder: Reduced cooldown from 50 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only.
  • Shadow Refuge: Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 48 seconds in PvP and WvW.

LOL make up your mind...

• Concealing Restoration: This trait has been removed and replaced by Merciful Ambush.
  • Merciful Ambush: This trait has been moved to adept minor and now heals when entering or exiting stealth instead of applying a pulse heal upon entering stealth.
  • Shielding Restoration: This trait fills the slot previously held by Merciful Ambush. It grants barrier to nearby allies after using a healing skill.
  • Shadow's Embrace: This trait now removes a damaging condition when entering or exiting stealth instead of at every interval while in stealth. This effect also applies to stealth granted to allies.
  • Hidden Thief: This trait has been reworked. Stealing now inflicts blindness, and stealth attacks now inflict weakness.
  • Meld with Shadows: This trait has been reworked. Players now gain Superspeed when entering or exiting stealth.
  • Leeching Venoms: This trait now grants stacks of Spider Venom when entering or exiting stealth instead of every interval while in stealth.
  • Flickering Shadows: This trait has been removed and replaced by Cloaked in Shadow.
  • Cover of Shadow: This trait fills the slot previously held by Cloaked in Shadow. Players now gain protection when entering or exiting stealth. This effect also applies to stealth granted to allies.
  • Shadow's Rejuvenation: This trait no longer grants healing or initiative while in stealth and instead grants initiative when entering or exiting stealth.
  • Rending Shade: Increased the number of boons stolen from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW.

I swear to god if you have made SA thief meta in pvp again...

• Traversing Dusk: Reduced base shadow force gain from 5% to 3% in PvP only.

Really??? Thats it???

Warrior:

Picking up a banner no longer reduces the recharge time of the skill. Instead, they can be carried around and dropped to reposition them. Picking up a banner does not grant the warrior additional skills, but they will continue to pulse their associated boons when picked up. The delay before you can pick up a dropped banner has been increased from 1 second to 3 seconds.

Finally I can re-live my dream of carrying a banner around and letting everyone else kill stuff for me.

Longbow buffs are a good start for pvp and wvw, warrior has other weapons too...

No Bladesworn sustain nerfs....

Overall 2/10 nice try but not really.

It’s about time PvE elementalist saw nerfs. It almost saw half as much play as necromancer!

• Sad 1