The problem of near-monopoly on aegis and stability

8 hours ago, Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:

I'm just giving the logic for why classes have what they have. You're asking Anet to break the core DNA of classes to cater to 10-man squad content. Not sure that's a good solution, and adding aegis/stab to a handful of other classes has implications across all game modes. Nothing to stop a aegis/stab stealthing thief in WvW then.

At some point asking for more and more build diversity is going to directly conflict with class identity/uniqueness. I am more a champion of the latter. I don't want to see a class singularity where almost everyone can do almost anything and prefer boons/skills to have some basis from class fundamentals/lore.

Class identity has been dead for years now.

17 hours ago, Cynz.9437 said:

Class identity has been dead for years now.

PoF was nowhere near the departure that EoD specs took.

Like Barrier+Alac to Thieves and Engineers...... subgroup quickness on Nec. Willbender as a whole, for crying out loud.

So you're arguing that because class identity has been chipped away at, we should toss what remains altogether? lol ok

When playing fractals and people are struggling I switch to Aegis Virtuoso, haven't really looked at shared stability but you can pretty much keep aegis up indefinitely with the right rotation of signets/f4/blade renewal for the entire party.

I use it on a tank/power DPS build, easily eat/reflect/ignore most the damage while providing Aegis for party alongside constant Healing/Condition Cleanses. 

Just one example of a non meta approach.